Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Need help? -Tips-
Feb 8, 2007 by DarkVermillion

Ok, I've officially gotten over my phobia, and I'm getting a video of me grinding down a sick 15 foot rail, but I wanted to help some people.

-HOW TO GET ONTO RAILS-
If your to scared to jump or just can't, simply pull yourself up, and I don't mean put one foot up slowly and then the other, I mean grab the rail and jump. Why grab the rail? For balance and if you don't stick it you won't bail as bad.

-HOW TO-
How to grab on the rail and jump is pretty much what it sounds like.
1.Run up to the rail, not too fast, but fast enough.
2.Plant your hand firmly on the top of the rail.
3.Jump immediately after to get maximum balance and speed.
4.Slowly stand up straight while keeping yourself balanced.
5.Don't bail unless you know you have to.

After a while you'll get used to jumping and grinding, but I suggest you do jumping exercises alot so you can jump on top, not on the side.

Need anymore help? Contact me at Ne0je@yahoo.com. ^^
Replies

Feb 8, 2007AnthoFlex

Im sorry but handing up isnt an option for me.

1. I dunno how to do it.

2. I find that u can get more style by NOT touching the rail with your hand at all

Feb 8, 2007DaSholZ

It would good for starters (like me) who can't do it any other way.

Feb 8, 2007shdook

You can grab onto the rail with your hand but it is NOWHERE close to as cool as jumping up on the rail

Feb 8, 2007matrix8967

yeah, i've found MY key to hand rails is to hit back foot first...because my right leg is my lead foot and i was trying to jump lead foot first, then i was like "wtf?" so i havnt done it yet, but i can like, FEEL it's gonna work. this week end i'll probably hit it.

---Alex

Feb 10, 2007DarkVermillion

True, but if your height impaired like me it's a good option. xD I don't think it takes away from the style, but it does boost your confidence.

Feb 11, 2007Slidey

I've done that before, on higher hip hieght rails. It's especially good for rails that don't have a diagonal run-up, but I find it really ruins your speed. Soon I won't need to since I properly nailed the lower hip hieght rail today, next time imma come back and wax it.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Timmy! (the Cornell security guard) hates Soap Shoes
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Chris Komsthoeft hittin a Frontside
Matt Faix hittin a Frontside Down Church Rail