Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
soap shoes and grindplates
Feb 2, 2007 by gotnicerice

i might buy a pair of ordnance, but if my screws for the plate fall out or the plate breaks, can i buy new plates anywhere online?
Replies

Feb 2, 2007ordnanceflint91

you can get bbk plates on ebay and steve sometimes has plates he sells

Feb 3, 2007SapAuthor

Screws dont' really fall out, just tighten them, mine have stayed tight.

As for the plates...break? Are you kidding? These things are meeant to take probably 500 pounds of pressure, this is SOLID nylon plastic, try taking two snowboards (same material) and putting them together and trying to break them, that's about how "easy" it is to break these plates. The most you can do is wear them out from grinding hard surfaces.

Feb 3, 2007matrix8967

it is possible to break them...I almost broke my bbks...i soaped those metal green grass borders that raise up about 5 inches around sidewalks...(anyidea what i'm talking about?) and it was like...maybe as thin as a 2 cds put together...and soaped it, and i was like "something's not right" and i bailed and when i looked at my plate, it (still) has a gash that went REALLY deep into the plate...because i didnt think about it being thin metal and me wieghing 110 lbs and putting sliding pressure on it...so it is possible...if you soap razor blades...

Feb 3, 2007matrix8967

also, screws stay in good. you can buy new ones. i have like 4 packs.

Feb 3, 2007AnthoFlex

Those Grooves that were left will give you some lock-in now
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide
Joe Fitzgerald hittin a UFO
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Frontside
Dusty Ryder hittin a UFO on a ledge
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside