Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
your first run
Jan 18, 2007 by OT

I just went out yesterday for my first run. I've had my soaps for a couple months but lets say i've had other things to do. Anyways, the weather was nice, and i re-discovered an (not really rail) but grinding place which i used to grind on with my skateboard when i was little. I kept landing with the sole wrong but after some time i landed right and slided down pretty nice. Gonna find a better rail for when i'm gonna try some tricks though. Later on i tried to hit a rail that was just below my kneecaps, but i never caught any speed, for better or worse (don't wanna get hurt!). It was great fun, and i think i'm gonna go out now again even though its pretty late. Tell me about your first run, if you have any fun memories.
Replies

Jan 18, 2007DaSholZ

I remember almost doing the splits a couple of times. I used one of those cleaning poles for a pool to practice.

Jan 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Friggen spammers.

Jan 30, 2007OT

Hold up SonicSoaper, why the hell are you coming at me like that? All I did was try to make a new thread instead of all the "where can you find this shoe" threads. What are you bringing to the forum with a post only consisting of "friggin spammers"? Think about that.

Jan 30, 2007DaSholZ

Hold up OT. SonicSoaper wasn't directing that at you. There was a spam infestation (and it's back) and he posted "friggen spammers" in every post that had spam. The spam was removed.

Gee, now I'm hungry.

Feb 1, 2007Rictor

chillax everyone.

nice to hear about your run. I have still yet to find a good place to start soaping. I'm planning on buying a PVC pipe, but my car is too small to transport it.

Feb 1, 2007matrix8967

I remember my friend Damien and I would sit around his dads house playing Sonic Adventure 2 and also our friend Jarred...they would let me use thier soaps when we'd all go soaping. Damien had Crowbars, Jarred had Scorchers. A bout a yearish ago I was play SA2 and was like "man...I need to start soaping again..." so I bought some Express and was on my way. There are no good places to soap in my town...all the rails are either above your hips or below your knees. it's either to easy or way to hard.

---Alex

Feb 1, 2007shdook

Thats EXACTLY why you need to practice. If you can do a practice rail you can probably do a rail below your knees then plus those small rails are always fun to mess around on.

Feb 2, 2007SonicSoaper

My town has little to no rails but ledges are everywhere so that's why I'm such a freak about them. Curbs, high ledges, low ledges, dumpsters, whatever. You have to do a lot of backsides to hit some spots, like the ledge in the hanicap entrace of the Beachtree Cafe. I hit it in front of my dad and he was like "I didn't know you could go backwards." When the Corona demo rolls around, you know I'm going to hit up the Globe at the World's Fair pavilion.

Feb 2, 2007AnthoFlex

The Unishpere (also called the globe is not too far from the Corona demo spot.

If you want, after we pack up and its all done, we can head over there

Feb 2, 2007SonicSoaper

That sounds good. I do remember it being called the Unisphere now that you mention it. Anyway, Travis is bringing his laptop with him to the demo so if we get wiped out from all the Soaping we're doing, we can watch a video disk I made with some Soap vids, a few episodes of Metalocalypse, and Lord of the Keys from project DCK.

Feb 3, 2007AnthoFlex

sounds awesome....i look forward to it....

If you guys ever hit NYC before the demo, let me know so that we can go Soap

Feb 3, 2007SapAuthor

My first run with "grindable" shoes was when i tried to slap two "V" shaped stainless steel plates on the arch of my nike's, tied on with dental floss, it didn't work to well :P. I then got my SOAPs, and went to skateside and first started on the small one. My first time wasn't as fun, the most fun was probably when I hit that 45 foot hand rail, i was pumped ^.^

Feb 3, 2007SonicSoaper

Sounds good, man. I think I've got your number somewhere among all the crap on my desk.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Sonic the Hedgehog busting a royale and getting rings
Loren Dalla Betta hittin a Fastslide
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Cheese Grater
Darren McCall hittin a Backslide
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U