Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
OMG!! I found my possible next stunt!!
Jan 18, 2007 by SapAuthor

I was walking on my collage campus, and there it was...a stair rail leading down a level, VERY long (probably 70 ft+) with a nice angle and sloped soft sides on either side (it's a ramp instead of stairs, at least i think so, it was covered in snow). It has a 1.75 inch square rail, but my size 13 plates can attach to it, hopefully soon i'll get hte royale down and go down it with a royale :D
Replies

Jan 18, 2007SonicSoaper

You should be able to get the Royale down relatively fast since you've been Soaping for awhile. Just keep the phone ready to dial 911 if something goes wrong.

Jan 18, 2007SapAuthor

lol thanks for the words, they make me feel safer -.-' But first i got to work on my royale, meaning get my PVC cut in half so i can keep practicing. But eitherway, it's snow on either side, so shouldn't hurt too much if i fall. May be a while before i get enough time to get it, but eventually i will ;)

Jan 18, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah. You have to always know about that risk but trust me, it hurts less when you know it might happen. Not to mention it keeps your passion alive but it'll scare you a bit. Ever see the pic of my ankle. Going backside on my practice rail while it was slanted did that. But keep working on that royale, they look sick on slanted rails.

Jan 18, 2007AnthoFlex

That 70 footer sounds crazy....the longest rail i did was about 55 ft

Jan 18, 2007Rynasty

royales on square rails are nuts... especially if the rail is 70 feet long. I want to see this shit landed.

Jan 18, 2007SonicSoaper

I know exactly what Ryan's talking about. My practice rail is square and not only do square rails look nice when Royaled on but you definately get a feeling of extra balence.

Jan 18, 2007AnthoFlex

And i know Trev can pull it off maaad sick

Trev got serious hops

Jan 18, 2007guero12

Has anyone played Sonic Heroes? When grinding you press the B button(or X depending on system) Sonic does a 180 on the rail. I have seen something similar in one of the SOAP videos.

Jan 18, 2007Rynasty

Wow... First of all that had NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC, second it's called a switch up, been around for awhile, and third, THIS IS NOT A SONIC FORUM FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Jan 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Kinda harsh, but i couldnt have put it better myself.....dude, if ur gonna talk Sonic, go to a Sonic forum

If you wanna talk grind, then this is the place for it

Jan 19, 2007guero12

I know that, I forgot to add this:

If you seen how it is done, then it would be awesome if you tried it. (The switch up)

Jan 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Switch ups do look cool.....personally, i find switch ups kinda hard, but if you keep a higher state of mind and concentrate, you can do it

Jan 19, 2007SapAuthor

I'll try to snap a picture for you guys l8r at school. This may take a wihle to build up the skill and balls to do this though, but eventually i think i can get it.

As for the switchup, i tried it and my feet flew out and i got mad road rash at hte skatepark back in tampa. The reason why you screw up easy is because in order to get the spin, you usually have to bring your feet in (just like you have to bring ur arms in, helps you spin faster), but then when you land if you didn't bring your feet back out in that split second, your feet will fly out. Secret is to try to use ur arms only, or to be really fast adn get ur feet shoulder width + apart.

Jan 19, 2007AnthoFlex

what i do is i turn my body to the side that im going to spin to....then concentrate and then just do it

Jan 19, 2007SapAuthor

Here's the picture of the image. Sorry for the large size. Tell me what you think :D It even has a kink in it ^.^

http://www.sonicandpals.com/soaps/images/therail.JPG>

Jan 19, 2007Rynasty

that "picture of the image" doesn't work.

Jan 19, 2007SapAuthor

sorry, let me try that again

http://www.sonicandpals.com/soaps/images/therail.JPG" width="537" height="808">

Jan 19, 2007AnthoFlex

OOOOOHHHH MAAAAN.......THATS ONE SICK RIDE!!!!

I think i could clear that whole thing....damn dude, where is that again?

Jan 19, 2007SonicSoaper

O-O I think I can hear angels singing.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jan 19, 2007AnthoFlex

The Townsend Harris rail (the longest i ever cleared is about.....The starting of the second drop on this rail

And YES, i did jump on it

Jan 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Friggen spammers.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Cheese Grater
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Aaron Taraboletti sliding a square kinked rail at Drake University
Dude sliding the Soap Van
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon