Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
YAY FOR ME!
Dec 16, 2006 by SSAndroid

hi all, i just got a brand new pair of goa soaps mist colored (black with grey)

i am really new to the soap scene, and these are my first soaps, and i was wondering, even tho this is a mega noob question, how exactly a beginner should start soaping, like stances and stuff

i heard that ur supposed to put ur back foot on first, but it just way easier for me to put my front foot on first and i dunno, i guess i just need practice

also, i skateboard with my left foot forward, regular, (im not very good at all) but wakeboard, snowboard, kick, and slolemn (sp?) ski all with my right foot forward, goofy. so i assumed i should put my right foot forward but was not entirely sure because my right leg is stronger.

so could any of u please help me?
Replies

Dec 16, 2006Surfaced

If its easier for you to go front-foot first, then do that.

Everyone here will suggest that you get a practice rail or PVC pipe to start out with.

Start out doing basic frontsides, and once you have mastered that (being able to do it switch, do a 360 at the end, etc) move on to a more difficult trick.

Trevor (SapAuthor) runs a website with a Soap tricktionary. He or Renny (AnthoFlex) might be kind enough to give you a link so that you can see a complete list of every popular trick that is performable on grinding shoes.

Dec 16, 2006AnthoFlex

Yea dude, you are JUST like me, i sk8 and soap...And im Regular stance in both....i was always told to go back foot first....when i did, *shoots out, ass hurts*.....BUt think about it like this Android....When you hop on ur board, do you go back foot first?....didnt think so :) thats the way i saw it and ever since then i've been kicking ass going front foot first

Dec 16, 2006SSAndroid

thanx surfaced

and thats a good point antho, that made me feel better XD

well, ill go to the local home depot and get some pvc pipes

btw, what dimensions should i get, and how much do they usually cost?

Dec 18, 2006Kru

If you want to get really good at soaping you'll eventually have to plant both feet on about the same time, the backfoot first really helps alot in keeping stable. I had my lead foot issues when I started cause it was more comfortable. Then I progressed unto this "sailing" where I jump and the shoes just land like an airplane the rear landing first followed by the front

Dec 18, 2006SSAndroid

alri' kru

Dec 18, 2006SapAuthor

www.soaps.sonicandpals.com <- Trictionary's in there.

Dec 19, 2006SSAndroid

kk, thanx
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks with a backside farfegnugen in a Des Moines parking garage
Dunk hittin a Royale on the Wolsey rail, Ipswich
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside
LixF hittin a fresh track grind