Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Project-Soap
Dec 8, 2006 by Munkerz

http://www.senran.co.uk/senran/project-soap.htm

My friend had this idea to make an online score board for soaps, like the one on SSS (he’s never been on that site before ppl start saying it’s a copied idea). The score board will rank both individuals and teams; team scores will be made up of the combine points of each of its members. I’m not too bothered about the whole idea but I’m hosting it for him until he gets a proper URL sorted. The site isn’t even finished but you can apply, as I’m pretty sure everyone gets the gist of it. Send an e-mail to projectsoap@googlemail.com in this format-
Name
Team (if you are in one)
E-mail we can reach you by should we need to.
Replies

Dec 8, 2006SapAuthor

Hmm...looks interesting. May be more incentive to get out and SOAP. What are the rules? Like how are points established? Is it going to use the same system that I put up for my group (SSS found at soaps.sonicandpals.com). This sounds like fun :D Sign me up, i'll announce it to the site when the rules are established.

Group: SSS Super Sonic SOAPers
Group Leader: Trevor Fayas (SapAuthor)
Group Site: soaps.sonicandpals.com
Current # in group: 6
Current points: 15 trick points. (i guess i can't count Anthoflex' 12 points he received for buying SOAP shoes, since it's a my site only thing).

Dec 8, 2006Munkerz

The point system is still been decided but it’s going to depend on the trick, grind time, combos and whatever else we can put in to make it more challenging and varied.

Dec 9, 2006AnthoFlex

all i saw was "Project-Soap" and it looked really interesting...

And as for you Trev, i told you, imma get you the clips

Dec 9, 2006AnthoFlex

and Munkerz, what if you are in Multiple Teams?

Dec 9, 2006mgm

Did you get the name project soap from initial d?

Dec 9, 2006Munkerz

Probably did have something to do with it...though we wernt thinking about that when it was named

Dec 9, 2006Munkerz

and if you in multiple teams it will look something like this-
'Name-----Team1/Team2/ect.-----000'
and you team will still gain points as they would or we may devide the team points by how many teams your in, not sure yet

Dec 9, 2006AnthoFlex

shit, im like on a million teams...

NYCS
SSS
CSS
CS of NYC

But if it means i can score points for all of them, i'll add all of them

Dec 9, 2006Munkerz

ya thats fine, if you register plz use the full name of your team with the short in brackets

Dec 11, 2006SapAuthor

I just hope sometime soon some of my members start submitting stuff. I got some pics here and there, and i know ur working on it antho, no rush man, just the others. I need to figure out an incentive system...

Dec 12, 2006Munkerz

Ok the rules are up, feel free to send in your stuff. As i said on the site "these rules are still in development and are subject to change", that also means if you think there should be changes or add-ons please tell me and we'll concider them ^^

Dec 12, 2006ordnanceflint91

i sent my email in to sign up

Dec 12, 2006Munkerz

Ok your space is up pic n' all.

Dec 13, 2006DeanSoaper

OK, no bashing here, but isnt this whole point system thing taking the fun outta Soaping, its turning it into some organized sport, and yes that would be sweet in a way, but Soaping is a way of gettting out there, and at least for me, a way to relax and clear my mind, not be like, oh I earned 5 points for doin this grind, or I got 3 for doing this. I mean first its like I said taking the fun outta Soaping, and second, it makes people who arent that good fell intimidated. All I know is you can do whatever you want. Sorry for anything that may seem like flaming or bashing here buts its just my opinion.

-Corey

Dec 13, 2006Munkerz

your oppinions fine, this was intendended to be a more of on the side rather than truely foucusing on beating ppl. And on the note of ppl feeling intimidated i have to say quite fankly i suck atm, i was gonna put all the vids i recieve with the persons permission (should this site kick off) on each soapers space so ppl can look and maybe learn.

Dec 22, 2006SapAuthor

is this thing still going to start up?

Dec 22, 2006SapAuthor

lol i love the scoring system, looks familiy ;-) :D Knew you were going to end up using my system :P Hope it will be good. I did submit that video, don't i get points for all those tricks i did?

Dec 22, 2006AnthoFlex

What i dunt get is why the SOle tricks have such a low pointing system, Sole tricks are just as hard as lateral tricks...Some harder! Acid Soul should NOT be a 3...and crabslide! dude, do you know how hard it is to land on a rail like that? go to Trevs page and check out what a crab slide is

Dec 24, 2006Munkerz

Sorry I've been away for a while (yay holliday ^^).
Ok yes this is still going on, and about the point system...Still a work in progress. I said on the home page that they may change (and mostlikely will). Incase there is a change I keep the vids I get so I can correct the earnt points.

Dec 24, 2006Munkerz

-Seroiusly I want you guys to say whatever you want, make an input to help develop and perfect this system and site so its how you want.

Dec 24, 2006Rynasty

How about we get some more pictures and videos and shit instead of just making up point systems?

Dec 24, 2006AnthoFlex

Yea, i wasnt gonna join Project-soap anyway, i mean i was....but that would make..3..4..5...i think....5 teams that i would be in.....being in too many teams is like getting sponsered by a lot of companies....hmmm, that doesnt sound bad...hmm, maybe i will join lol

Jan 31, 2007ordnanceflint91

did ya give up on the idea?

Jan 31, 2007gotnicerice

that sounds cool, but would ur team have to be sponsored or well known? or could u make a little local team going on?

Jan 31, 2007AnthoFlex

nope dude im on NYCS, and SSS

and like 2 other little local Teams
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Orr Whartman hittin a Dragon Makio
Mark hittin a frontside at work
Derek hittin a Cheese Grater at the Cedar Rapids demo
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside at Cornell
Jim hittin a Frontside down 30 steps!