Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Can you replace grindplates?
Dec 3, 2006 by rkrdw93

is it possible to replace grindplates on the cleans with SLo-bros? or any other kind..? or can you only use the original plates..
Replies

Dec 3, 2006Quiksilver91

as long as theyre not cemented you should be able to fit any kind as long as they're the same size as your shoe... I mean like size 9 shoe... size 9 plate

Dec 3, 2006Surfaced

Cleans use screws, so the plates are changeable to any other removeable plate. The plates are designed to fit two shoe sizes. So if you wear size 10 Soaps, you would buy grindplates that say "9-10"

So the plates go by these sizes:
3-4
5-6
7-8
9-10
11-12
13-14

There is a fellow who runs an eBay shop that stocks gen1 and gen2 UHFs in almost all sizes and colors, along with the BBKs in all sizes and most colors.

Dec 3, 2006Surfaced

I suppose I should explain the "gen" thing. Firstly, Version is a better word. My mistake. As you probably guessed, gen means generation.

This is because originally, UHFs, being the first grindplate, were designed with little experience, and all three screws were required to be undone in order to remove the grindplate. Artemis Innovations (owned Soap at the time) soon realized that they could redesign the plate so that only one screw need be removed, thus making the removal process a lot faster. So they used this new design and started producing and selling them. Every grindplate after the UHF version2 used this new design.

So what was the change? The upper two Screw holes were full circles originally. With the update, a section of the circle was removed, so that the plate could be slid out after the bottom screw was removed.

Dec 3, 2006SapAuthor

Steve also has some grind plates, and sells them for 7 bucks plus shipping if i remember right. you can email him on what types and sizes he has at stevedeel@sbcglobal.net
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Gabriel hittin a Frontside
Dunk hittin a Backslide
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide
David Martin hittin a UFO
Marshall Lenhart hittin a UFO