Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
NEED QUICK HELP IN SOAP SITE BUILD.
Nov 22, 2006 by SapAuthor

Alright, i'm going in for the long haul and trying to finish the SOAP site for Steve, and i would like input here and there for the finishing touches on things.

First one, i need an intro paragraph to my "What are SOAPs?" page. This is waht i have so far:

SOAPs are a brand of shoe unlike any other. The original
intent of SOAP shoes was to mimic inline skater's grind
arch in the high performance skates. This arch allowed it's
wearer to slide accros smooth surfaces like polls and hand
rails. So, a high endurance nylon grind plate was slapped
onto some shoes and vuala! SOAPs.
Replies

Nov 22, 2006AnthoFlex

*poles.......lol

Nov 23, 2006Go2Crew

*across ....
*voila ....

And some of the copy from the eBay listings...
Never heard of Soaps? They are like skateboard shoes, but with a totally cool twist---The middle of the sole has a built in grind plate so you can slide across a curb, bench, handrail, or grind around in the skatepark. They are great fun and comfortable. With a little practice and good balance you can slide across almost anything--it makes just walking around a blast! These have double-stitching throughout (triple-stitching in the toe), a lace loop tie system to make it easy to put on, a fat padded sock-lining style tongue for comfort, and an anatomically shaped footbed for support.

SOAP shoes only come in full sizes, so if you're a half-size or a wide-width (E width), size-up one size to the next full size, for the proper fit. You don't want to be cramped in a grind!

SOAP shoes began with an idea -- shoes that grind. Soaps turn the street into your playground. You can slide down handrails, steps, benches, curbs... Skidmarks never looked so good! Soap street extreme shoes feature a nylon plastic arch for intense grinding. Kids can actually slide (grind) along curbs, benches, rails, or any smooth surface.

...... SOAP Shoes, Shoes for the Daily Grind! ® ......

Nov 23, 2006AnthoFlex

Woah, siiick as fuck.....ahahhaha, and the:

...... SOAP Shoes, Shoes for the Daily Grind! ® ......

is the exact same thing on my myspace headline for Soap, yea...i think Trev should use that one

Nov 24, 2006SapAuthor

I'll use the first part of the ebay listing, sounds good.

Also, i have completed the first couple parts of the site. Can you all check it out and tell me what you think?

www.sonicandpals.com/soaps/index.swf

Trictionary has been put up, and i'm waiting on 2 pics for the "Science behind the SOAPs" part

Nov 24, 2006DeanSoaper

Lookin sick, very informative, and very helpful especially in the trictionary, I think when there are size 12's ill get some, and when I get the money.

Nov 24, 2006SapAuthor

alright, the size 12s should be in by the end of november, so keep your eyes out ;) When they get in, i'll release the site to the public, so far it's only for those i know i've been giving out the links.

Nov 24, 2006SapAuthor

Alright, one more thing i need to go over with you all. I've revamped the SSS Ranking guide, putting in all the tricks and such. Here's all the information i put on there. The tricks with asteric are ones you can only do with the broadsides, and to make it fair for everyone, i took have it so all those tricks will have values cut in half (so a 2 point broadside trick will count as 1).

Same system, they go by point value for low rail, point+1 for hand rail, and point+2 for stairrail. sorry for the length.

1 pt
Frontside
Power Glide
Power Slide
UFO
BackSide
Access-A-Ride
Shuttle
X Grind

2 pt
FastSlide/FrontSlide
Farfegnugen
Royale
SweetStance*
Cab Driver
KindGrind*
WheelBarrow*
Mistrial*
Cheesegrater
Mizuo*

3 pt
BackSlide
CrabSlide*
Makio*
Acid Soul Grind*
Torque
Soul Grind*
SuiSlide
ChristGrind
Unity
PudSlide

4pt
Sidewalk
Acidesidewalk

Reg low: 8
Broad low: 8

reg hand: 16
Braod hand: 16

Reg stair: 24
Broad Stair: 24

Total Reg: 48
Total Broad: 48
Difference: 0

2pt
Reg low: 10
Braod low: 20

Reg Hand: 20
Braod Hand: 40

Reg rail: 30
Braod Rail: 60

Total Reg: 60
Total Braod: 120
Difference: 60

3pt
Reg low: 18
Broad low: 30

Reg hand: 36
Broad hand: 60

Reg stair: 72
Broad stair: 90

Total Reg: 136
Total Braod: 180
Difference: 44

4pt
low: 8
medium: 16
stair: 24

Total: 48

5pt:
Getting someone to buy SOAPs from the site.

??pts:
Any unique trick or situation. Will be judged and scored for points.

Grand Total:
Reg: 292
Braod: 396
Difference: 102

Broadside tricks count as half points.

1-10 Newby
11-20 Beginner
21-30 Intermediate
31-40 Experienced
41-50 Skilled
51-60 Expert
61-70 Pro
71-80 Super Soaper
81-90 Sonic Soaper
91-100 Super Sonic Soaper
101-110 Ultra Sonic Soaper
111-125 Legend
126+ Immortal Soaper

What do you all think? I think this will provide a challange for the soapers, while not making it impossible.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dunk hittin a Freestyle Backslide
Corey Desrochers hittin a Cab Driver
Tanner Gregory hittin a Unity
Maxwell hittin a Frontside
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink