Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
unnatural grinding
Sep 18, 2003 by Spartan_117

i can seem to grind very well on my right foot, my dominate foot, but when i try to grind with my left also i seem to only hit rubber. ive tried to stall and i can hit it fine but when attempting a grind i cant seem to get my left foot on teh ledge. all in all grinding fells liek weird/unnatural did anyone esle have this feeling at first? also how long did it take u to hit ur first grind?
Replies

Sep 18, 2003Mart

That's why it's called 'unnatural' or 'switch', you're not used to grinding that way, so of course it's going to feel weird. I've been doing this for two years now, and I can't Soap switch to save my life

Sep 18, 2003Smokey

Me either. I havn't tried a single grind in switch for about 1 year... It's just not worth it.

Sep 18, 2003Mart

Dude, I always thought you were goofy?

Sep 18, 2003Smokey

umm... I dunno, I think I'm regular... I land back-foot first with my right foot... jumping off my left obviously.

Sep 18, 2003Mart

Yeah, that's regular

Sep 18, 2003GreenBeret

switch is kinda tricky at first. u just gotta practice. its that simple practice practice. granted i have never tried switch on a hand rail but i think i could do it. dunno.

Sep 19, 2003Spartan_117

also when im like about to grind normally it feels weird for my left leg to be in back. i used to skate goofy do u think i soap normal. i feel fine hitting teh ledge with right foot but left feels weird

Sep 20, 2003Smokey

dude, it really does not matter. It's not like it's "hip" to be goofy footed or anything...
Obviously if it feels weird having your left leg back, you shouldn't do it.

Sep 22, 2003Mart

I'm the only regular in UKFSW, and I feel like such an outcast when someone shouts 'TRAIN GRIND'... not really so regular, I guess

Sep 24, 2003Spartan_117

thanx for all the help. because if it im pullin some sick shit so far and i hope to get some pics on the site but im going to wait until i hit up something fat so once again thanx for the help

Sep 24, 2003Smokey

haha. Poor, poor Mart...
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dude sliding a rail on the Soap Van at the Summer Slam demo
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City