Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
The Soap Revolution
Oct 20, 2006 by matrix8967

In the past 72 hours...Soap has hit my friends in the face like a sock full of batteries. About 9 people in my town have bought soaps (mainly from Steve {go2crew}) and I'm buying some for me and my girlfriend, and some of my friends...(friends will pay me back, my girlfriend gets them for free) Soon we will shoot some videos and take some pics.

However, we need a name...I think our tag will be "Viva La Soap!" but we need a name...my friend jokingly said we should be called "suds" but anyway, if you have any ideas

Our group is still being formed...and if we don't let people in, they'll try to make thier own groups...also, after one night, they think they know everything about soap...they don't even know who founded it, or how it was founded or anything... d@_@b ...anyway just leave some comments about how you think this is going to work out...I'll have all members sign up for solidgrind...

also, maybe if we take some video, we could be a sub-branch of the SSS...but that's NOT for ME to decide, it's just an idea I'm throwing out...

Anyway, comment and tell me how you think it'll work out...

---Alex
Replies

Oct 20, 2006SapAuthor

Umm....suds is funny but not very impacting. Maybe I.S. impact Soaping? I dunno

Oct 20, 2006mnsoaperns

hmmm howabout BBSB
Big Busty Soaping Bitches...
has a ring to it and impacts!
I LIKE IT!!
go with it no royalties needed kthx bye

Oct 20, 2006matrix8967

heh, thnx mnsoaperns, I do like SapAuther's name...one of my friends doesnt fall to often, but when he does...he makes it count...so it would be fitting...jk...keep the names commin...(and yes, suds was pretty funny but maybe as a joke)

---Alex

Oct 20, 2006Kru

I'm getting a pair of Soaps soon (Turnables BABY!!!) .. Guess what? Im a tricker/martial artist(parkour, freerun) I wanted to add these too my vocabulary of levels. I wanted to start a revolution myself. I gotta get back on to practice my grinds(... I got a school near me I may go do a test run on).(nope I'm not a skater or blader either)

I want to do the exact same thing. But I'm in maryland so as far as I know I am a one man band.
Soaps need to have props. There needs to be people to show "hey, see these babies.. we can go anywhere. ANYWHERE."

Those "no skatboarding/blading/bmx" signs can't stop us.. hahahaha. Oh yeah.. may freewalking be reborn again fellow soapers!

A good team soaping name would be S.U.D.S "Soapers United Demostration Squad." Or something like that.. just popping ideas

Oct 20, 2006SPSR

Kru, im totaly with you im also a Tracuer (parkour, free run.) and same with MNSoaperNS he parkours and grinds with me often and BBSB was an awesome group name has a emph but i personaly like FTSM (feel the Soap magic) or SA (soapers Advanced.) or even RUSH (Radical Urban Soap House.) or something to that.

Oct 20, 2006matrix8967

wow, you guys are good...my people are going to have to pass a test a grind test and a written test...so they can "spread the word" effectivly...they'll have to ID different plates, tricks, shoes (with appropriate color schemes)...

keep the comments comming...thanks for the help...

---Alex

Oct 20, 2006SonicSoaper

I've got a whole bunch of people into Soaps, including my bud Keith, who is a tracuer.

Oct 21, 2006arjay

I've found soaping and parkour to be sometimes not compatible.. be careful if your doing precision jumping n such.. but the good side ive found is that its basically like training!! (weight training because of the shoes, the soft soles make parkour or freerunning smoother and it also teaches you to land and use yur toes more! If you dont understand then nevermind but to other tracuers you'll get wat i mean..

Here's a pic of me representing soaps in Australia! (the pics are HOSTED on a NZ site tho)

http://www.kaos.gen.nz/parkour/index.php?album=%2FPerth-Wide-Jam%2F&image=P1011430.JPG&resize=original

Oct 21, 2006Kru

Ah nice. I think soaps and freerunning make a good pair, with expertise that is. The world is are playground so lets see what we can do.

Hmmm I think that with the right moves and a bit of inventiveness, reviving soap shoes shouldn't be too hard. Its time for freerunning 2.0

Oct 22, 2006matrix8967

yeah...I just soap...I suck...anyway...

The Revolution is growing...more organization is happening...we should hit the town in 2-3 weeks...but we still need a name...I'll enter them in and we'll take a vote...also, what do you think about my tests? I think it's a good idea, what do you guys think? because i don't want some hot-shot douche bag on my team, I want them to know thier stuff and not be ignorant to the shoes history and etc...

---Alex

Oct 22, 2006SapAuthor

just be careful, free style walking can often be a laughing stock if you don't look good doing it.

Matrix, i dont think a atest would be very fun. I would base it on skill, even I don't know every shoe (although i'm getting better at seeing a soap shoe and saying "That's a Goa with BBK plates" or "those are cleans" etc. But it's hard to know all of them. If they can soap and want to improve and get better, then i say that should be the leading thing.

Oct 22, 2006matrix8967

sounds good to me...that was my debate whether it should be for fun, or for skill and knowledge...I'm still not sure...I'll talk it over with the other "founding members" and see what they think...because I live in a town where people still worship the rebel flag and hang rebel flags from thier trucks and talk about how much they hate you if you're not white, and it's stupid, cuz they worship the rebel flag, but get so offended if you say something bad about america (who is infact, the "union") and they listen to all this hard rap and walk around like "gangsta's" with 5 gallon hats on waving rebel flags...@_@...but that's just my opinion, if they like it, w/e.

Now, the point of that rant was: I don't want douche bags in my group...and I don't want to just let people in...so they have to really want it to be in...but I see what you're saying SapAuthor, because that was the original Idea was to let anyone in...then people started wanting to be in it like mad...and we can't let them all in...so I had to have some sort of filter...If they want to start thier own groups, thats cool...but I uno...we'll see...maybe just a trick/skill test...if they pass thier in...maybe I'll have ranks?? but I just want the original 5 members for now...we'll hold try-outs later...

---Alex

---Alex

Oct 22, 2006SapAuthor

well, you could give them the MMPI, but i doubt you would have access to that (minnesota multiphasic Personality inventory). But see who wants to improve, and what type of personality they are. Are they mean, too crazy, violant, etc. you can usually judge a person easy enough.

Oct 22, 2006SapAuthor

or better yet, make your own personality test. Ask questions like "If you are walking down a street and you see a newby trying to soap, and he is doing terrible, what would you do?" If they say something like laugh at him, then they obviously aren't a very good person on the team, if they say do nothing, then it's iffy iffy, or if they go over and help them, those are the ppl u want. think it over.

Oct 23, 2006matrix8967

yeah, and i'll just talk and joke with em to see if i like em and all...also, I thought about just giving a random test only to see if they cheat or anything...but I like that Idea...sounds grand...SapAuthor, you can be our honorary member or something :) even though you have your own group...Also, we're taking more steps in the right direction.
Keep names and advice comming.

---Alex

Oct 24, 2006matrix8967

The Revolution is getting more organized...I'm drawing more and more crowds and spreading the word...Once my other soap group members get thier soaps, then we'll be in full swing (they all use my 2 pairs mostly) and soon We'll be in the paper...

---Alex

Oct 24, 2006Kru

Soaping is suppose to be fun.. if theres a bit of humility in there go with it.

I won't be soaping for awhile now looking at my order seeing it cancelled.. some guy got the last pair before I did! dammit! Now I'll never get a pair of soaps.

Oct 24, 2006Surfaced

lol I really liked "suds"

sounds good to me...

Oct 25, 2006matrix8967

yeah, I'm getting one of the new members to sign up to this site tomorrow...we can all decide on a name! :) but i just marched a big marching contest on a school night...bed time for me...
Keep 'em comming (good alkaline trio song...)

---Alex

Oct 29, 2006matrix8967

all my members' soaps are in the mail to my house...(and they all owe me alot of money) but try-outs are this next thursday...
so far these are the founding members and thier soaps...

Alex: Express, Ordnance, Scab
Robert: Sylon
Zack: Ordnance
Moriah: Crowbars
Charlette (my g/f): Nitro's (soon)

---Alex

Oct 29, 2006SapAuthor

Hey Kru, we do have express for sale, you interested in getting one of those or would you rather bid on some of the older but somehwat nicer models?

Nov 1, 2006the5cooliest

i am one of the guys on the team and i think it sould be called clean as soap

Nov 1, 2006the5cooliest

i am robert

Nov 1, 2006the5cooliest

mine are payed for

Nov 1, 2006Kru

actually today I got my pair of heelys Torch shoes they are size 11 and fit like.. perfectly considering my foot is 10 1/2 wide. They came like.. uh.. 20 minutes ago. Its great! Hellz yeah now I can grind that HUGE rail at my college tonight! although I need practice.

Also.. heeling is a BITCH.. hahahaha. My right foot wants to say down XD.. forget the wheel thing for now

Nov 2, 2006mnsoaperns

Back when I had some evos (before they ripped in half) my first time heeling with the big duece wheel felt like my foot was being raped,by the heel, and yes raped is the correct word because it felt like something was being forcefully pushed up my heel to make a new hole... but hey man just screw the wheel entirely and grind.

Nov 2, 2006Kru

actually I figured out how to heel within 20 minutes of getting home. The stance leaves the body so open to being throw off balance though or injury. these MEGA wheels are like extremely fast too I'm gonna test them out.

Oh I also on the upper back part of the sole I sharpied in "Soapshoes.com Soaps never die" on one shoe and "Soapshoes.com Solidgrind.com" on the other one. heheh

Nov 7, 2006matrix8967

yeah, I've been doin so much SOAP product placement l8ly it's not even funny...I was at a virtual reality conference in Little Rock and I had plans (had to divert them) to have a link to solidgrind.com every time you saw certain objects...but Then my idea got kinda kinked to make a longstory short, but the next VR thing I do is gonna have SOAP eastereggs galore!

---Alex

Nov 7, 2006matrix8967

P.S. I think we have a team name....and it's simple and I don't know why I didnt think of it earlier....I'm thinking one of the following

Revolution
Soap Revolution
Revolution Soapers

something like that...

Nov 8, 2006mnsoaperns

lol naming it the title of this post I thought you just thought of it but decided on something else so named the topic this lol.

Nov 8, 2006Jard39

hey those names are already taken by me

Nov 8, 2006matrix8967

no they arent Jard

---Alex

Nov 8, 2006matrix8967

Not to be a Jerk, but even If we have the same team name it doesnt matter, and I don't think you have all 3 of them...

---Alex

Nov 8, 2006Jard39

ur right i just have the first one

Nov 9, 2006SSAndroid

whos this steve guy?

and how do u buy soaps from him?

Nov 9, 2006matrix8967

awesome Jard, I don't think we where going to use that one anyway.

Steve is an awesome soap salesman...His email can be found in alot of forum threads. I can't remember it, it's in my address book....I'll post it here tomorrow....It's bedtime now @_@....

---Alex

Nov 9, 2006SSAndroid

kk, thanx

Nov 9, 2006matrix8967

stevedeel@sbcglobal.net

that's steve's email. He's good, it may take him a few days to get back to you but he will.

---Alex

Nov 11, 2006matrix8967

I just got my broadsides...I made t-shirts, and some members are still working out some kinks in thier soaping...but there are allready kids at school wanting to be on the team...

---Alex

Nov 12, 2006matrix8967

here is the banner for the revolution...one of more to come...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/splitrev2.jpg

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/splitrev2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/splitrev2.jpg[/IMG]

(included link to the pic)

---Alex

Nov 12, 2006matrix8967

damn....i didn't mean for it to post like that...but its there...kinda out of center...but still...tell me if you like it....(sorry it's so out of center and huge)

---Alex

Nov 12, 2006Kru

One thing comes to mind with that logo... Rage against the machines "renegades of funk"

Nov 12, 2006matrix8967

well...I guess thats good? It is a revolution afterall

---Alex

Nov 12, 2006AnthoFlex

Hmmmm, did you snag that off of the new SOap logo on myspace.com/soapshoes?

Nov 12, 2006matrix8967

no, I took an SS of the enlarged split off of sapauthors vector image and made it into a bitmap and photoshoped a neon glow/plastic wrap then added the hand layer with a lens flare behind it. why? is that what the logo looks like?

---Alex

Nov 12, 2006matrix8967

oh yeah, and then i wrapped the text around the split...but i'm sure you knew that...it was really an accident how i made it...i was dicking around with some filters and hit neon glow and was like "hmm...not bad..." and then i was like "whats plastic wrap?" and then i was like "wow, thats pretty bitchin'"

this is what it started out as (again, large and out of center, i'm sorry)

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/split.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

i kinda see what you're talking about antho, and i didnt see it until after I made it, if you want I can make another one thats different. but what can I say, Great minds think alike, eh?

---Alex

Nov 15, 2006matrix8967

I'm gonna probably make another one with the same split and have earth in the center and photoshop some more filters onto the split.

---Alex

Nov 15, 2006Krammit

Yes, revolution. I have to ask, is there a way to carry on a conversation with Steve, rather than bellow between emails? I need to speak with him about something, fortunatly involves doing good for soap.

Nov 15, 2006AnthoFlex

No worries Alex, it looks sick either way :)

Nov 15, 2006AnthoFlex

Im actually in Computer class right now and i just Put up the Revolution's logo as a wallpaper lol

Nov 15, 2006matrix8967

awesome, it's my wallpaper too! at home, and in class, AND on the administrator stuff (and the server) in class...it's all over. :)

---Alex

Nov 15, 2006AnthoFlex

Now im home, my wallpaper is still the good ol' one on the Myspace haha

Nov 19, 2006matrix8967

I need new ways of showing HSL soap isnt dead...the myspace thing is going...but I need more...kids all around school want soaps now...people are saying "oh yeah, those shoes with plates...they're awesome"

what about flyers...having the logo, and giving a description of them and some pics that my frinds and I can take?

(I'm learning some HTML...and I'm playing...)

Keep the revolution alive...

Viva La Soap

---Alex

Nov 19, 2006matrix8967

tell me if that shoes up as the "grunge" font and not something like times new roman

---Alex

Nov 19, 2006AnthoFlex

dude, tell them if they wanna buy Soaps to go to myspace.com/soapshoes and click on the Sonic Scratching his head.....it links you to Steven Deels ordering form

Nov 19, 2006SonicSoaper

Like I've posted long ago, I'm getting people into Soaping. I'm also getting a team together. We're the East Of Brooklyn Soapers. Here's our logo, this is not the final version.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/ajtheechidna1991/EastOfBrooklynSoapersTeamlogo2.png

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/ajtheechidna1991/EastOfBrooklynSoapersTeamlogo2.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/ajtheechidna1991/EastOfBrooklynSoapersTeamlogo2.png[/IMG]

Nov 19, 2006matrix8967

Awesome pic.

Also, I'm gonna start telling people about the sonic on the myspace...I've been telling people to buy from steve and they're like "ok" and they never try to get in contact with him.

Viva La Soap

---Alex

Nov 20, 2006soaprev2

Hey Alex! Look! I'm actually using my account!
I really like the logo. Maybe the fist should be a bit bigger, though. And then have the neon glow around the soap logo too. Just a thought.
I'm gonna go TRY to get on facebook now, we'll see how things work out.
Had lots of fun soapin' today. See you tomorrow.
-Moriah

Nov 20, 2006Kile

lol that the initials of my school EOB

Nov 21, 2006the5cooliest

moriah ur so mean i like the logo u just cant acept it facebook is stupid

Nov 21, 2006matrix8967

Moriah, I think you're nice. The fist is a size 72 V in a font I have. I'll try to make it bigger. Join the Soapshoes group I made on facebook. the neon glow IS around the soap logo. I g2g now. bye Moriah, see ya afterschool with your crowbars. :D

---Alex

Nov 21, 2006SapAuthor

hey that logo, maybe you should just do EOBS instead of EOB SOAPErS. You want the logo to be small and easy to remember. Plus, EOBS makes it so you don't need to make your own letters.

Nov 23, 2006LovesMusic

i like matrix8967...

Nov 24, 2006matrix8967

I love you too

anyway, back to business

Happy Thanksgiving all my young revolutionaries. how's the revolution going on your front? do what you can to keep it alive. times might be tough, but together, through us, soap lives.

Viva La Soap

---Alex

Nov 24, 2006DeanSoaper

I was thinking, I am a pretty good artist, and am pretty good at taging, I wanna tag a few places with VIVA LA SOAP and make it look really nice, and I wanna post a pic or two on here I think that would be sick.

Nov 24, 2006matrix8967

do it. you have the revolution's full backing.

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soaprevbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

---Alex

Nov 24, 2006SonicSoaper

Thanks for the feedback on the logo. I give Renny full credit for this one, our offcial logo.

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/ajtheechidna1991/EOBlogo.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

Nov 25, 2006matrix8967

cool pic, I like the shadows

Renney said he doesnt like Viva La soap...but anyway...I made this pic as a beta...It'll be messed around with soon.

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soaprevbaner2copy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

---Alex

Nov 25, 2006Kru

looks kinda tacky.. Make the fist like an L or something and use the Soap O as a garnish..

Nov 25, 2006AnthoFlex

Dudes, you dont have to go by what i say, its just that it sounds like something an illegal immagrant would say and you played it out....That revolution thing though....HOT me likey VERY much....But i though there already was a Team revolution.....That Smart-@$$ Jard is in charge of it....I sent him a sick-ass logo of it, and he NEVER got back to me....I bet hes trying to Take all credit for it

Nov 25, 2006Kru

.. I made my own mock up of this Revolution picture.. who do I send it to.. I dun have anyplace to host it. I'll show what I meant since I can just do it myself..

Nov 25, 2006AnthoFlex

If you have AIM, hit me up at AnthoFlex ok? Then you can do a file send, and we can talk Soap Matters

Nov 25, 2006matrix8967

yeah, but i thought the Viva La soap sounded kinda lame too...but so far it's all i've got.

kru, if you can, email me the pic @ matrix8967@yahoo.com

yeah, Jard already said he has a team called revolution. but I think he's thinking more along the lines of like...spinning...like hard drive platters or a vinyl record. or atleast I'd like to think so. I'm talking more of a bringing soap back. my "vision" so to speak is have all the kids at my school go "oh yeah, soaps, i know what those are" and so far, it's working. I want it to spread to other places.

blah blah blah, I'm rambling, anyway, keep the revolution alive.

---Alex

Nov 25, 2006matrix8967

kru the pic was amazing. only one thing i can say wrong...you spelled it wrong, but i do love the pic. do you want me to put it on photobucket and then put it on here?

---Alex

Nov 25, 2006Kru

I spelled it wrong? rofl! .. I knew something didn't look right.. I'll fix it !

Nov 26, 2006LovesMusic

hey matrix8937, maybe you can teach me to soap sometime...

Nov 26, 2006AnthoFlex

No offense to Jard, but from the way he talks, and looks....I dunt think he deserves to have the Soap "Revolution" team

Nov 26, 2006matrix8967

I'll teach you to soap honey, don't worry. pick out some and when they come around in your size i'll buy em.

Jard has never given me much crap, but it doesnt matter if we have simular names.

---Alex

Nov 26, 2006matrix8967

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/krusoaprevoltuionfix.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

made by Kru

---Alex

Nov 26, 2006DeanSoaper

That is the sickest thing ive ever seen, and if I may I would love permission to use it as a banner, or any other possible place I can stick it on the web.

Nov 26, 2006DeanSoaper

Send me a link to JackAndSallee@aol.com if you allow, thanx.

Nov 26, 2006Jard39

maybe we should just combine the groups it would make things similar

Nov 26, 2006matrix8967

nah, my team is happy independant atleast for now.

---Alex

Nov 26, 2006Kru

I have my own logo.. but unfortunetly I'm my only team member, I made it out of boredum

Nov 26, 2006Jard39

i know what u mean ive only got 2 team members

Nov 26, 2006matrix8967

yeah, I've got 5 and one doesnt have her soaps yet...

anyway, the soap revolution xanga is offically online...

http://www.xanga.com/soaprevolution

tell me what you think. I havn't used Kru's pic yet, but I will soon.

---Alex

Nov 26, 2006AnthoFlex

Dude, that is sick, i like it

Nov 26, 2006AnthoFlex

The fist looks like Black Power or sumthing hahaha

Nov 26, 2006AnthoFlex

You should have Links that go out to

Soapshoes.com
Soapshoes.info
Solidgrind.com
Myspace.com/Soapshoes
Sonicandpals.com/soaps/index.swf

That way, u got your sick ass site, Linking out to a bunch of other Sick Soap sites, and thus the Soap community gets bigger....fuck that, HUGER!

Nov 26, 2006matrix8967

done.

Nov 27, 2006Soopahsonic

SonicSoaper, Pleasr fix the "r" on your logo please. And Suds is perfect!

Nov 27, 2006matrix8967

what's wrong with the R?

---Alex

Nov 27, 2006matrix8967

wait...your dissing my r when you said "pleasr" lol jk but really what's wrong with my R?

---Alex

Nov 28, 2006the5cooliest

their is nothing wrong with the r

---robert

Nov 28, 2006the5cooliest

ur just jealous u dont have a logo like that

---robert

Nov 28, 2006AnthoFlex

Ok kiddies, Stop

Nov 29, 2006matrix8967

meh, it'll be ok.

---Alex

Nov 29, 2006matrix8967

hey anthoflex, if you want, you can pick your favorite banner and link it to the soap revolution xanga. (www.xanga.com/soaprevolution)or, if you think all those banners are too big, i'll work on a smaller one. I'm going to get a group pic in a few weeks.

---Alex

Nov 29, 2006Soopahsonic

The EOB soapers "r" just doe'snt fit in... I'm not bashing it, I like it, just the r needs tweaking.

Nov 29, 2006AnthoFlex

Yo Matrix, if you have an AIM, can you guys send me a Video of your team? Im starting this new thing....I wanna see sum Footage and/or pix in order to prove that these teams arent just Posing (i can think of a few)

Nov 29, 2006PENIS

omg tottalyt man i mean all the nonbs comin here and makeing all trhese calans it pretty cool i mena so is anthoflex's mom..i mean we all tap dat..i personally put my **** in her ****** and ******** you know?

Nov 29, 2006AnthoFlex

and the 2 inch Penis continues with the Korny jokes about my mom.....wow, You could OWN me? You calling these dudes noobs? Listen Microphallus, (check the meaning if you dunt knwo what it means noob)get the fuck off solidgrind before we all get pretty damn mad

Nov 30, 2006matrix8967

If you 2 are gonna fight, take it outside. This is about the revolution. not fighting.

Penis, go away.

Anthoflex, I'll have a video in a few weeks when I have access to my sisters camera.

Soopahsonic, the EOB logo is not mine.

I'm at school, gotta go, teacher's a hawk eye.

---Alex

Nov 30, 2006matrix8967

ok, I'm still at school, but this teacher doesnt care.

renny, i do agree...penis is a shitwad, and should leave quick like. and I'll have a video in a few weeks when i can get access to a camera. I'm gonna post some pics i took in class today on the soap rev xanga. it'll be of me and robert but they have nothing to do with soaping, it's kind of a know who you're talking to thing. Also, I'm probably gonna print off some stuff that says "www.xanga.com/soaprevolution" and throw the around school. to get some visitors. and post some pics from solid grind.

---Alex

Nov 30, 2006AnthoFlex

No problemo

Dec 3, 2006matrix8967

the pics of me and robert are posted at the soaprev xanga...pics of the others soon to come. anyway, one of our members is straying from soaping...he's like "i get hurt to much" because he never ever bails...he might not be in the group if he doesnt start getting his soaps on...a video will be on when i can find a camera that isnt owned by the school...I guess that's all for now...

---Alex

Dec 3, 2006matrix8967

correction...while i was at it, I added the pics of moriah and charlette...so now all members are on solidgrind except zack, and all have pics except zack...(who is the member mentioned above)^

Robert:The5cooliest
Moriah:soaprev2
Charlette:Lovesmusic

---Alex

Dec 14, 2006matrix8967

Video comming soon. Check out the soap xanga...

things have been sorta slow l8ly...I've had alot to do @_@ but i'll stop dragging ass soon, especially over x-mas

---Alex

Dec 14, 2006matrix8967

oh yeah, also, some guys at school where asking me "man, are you sponsored by soap or something?" cuz i had my shirt on today, and also, I was doing some community service reading to kids (it's a class called service learning where you go and do a bunch of community service hours for the class) and I was helping a 4th grade teacher and one of the kids was like "what's soap?" and I explained it to him and he said he wanted a pair... :D

---Alex

Dec 14, 2006shdook

I kinda like the viva la soap idea...

Dec 14, 2006shdook

Dec 16, 2006matrix8967

heh, i found this pic a few min. ago...it's me and my g/f at prom and I wore my soaps, but i clipped her out, cuz i don't know if she would want me to post her on here, so she might be here in the next few days when i ask her. anyway, here it is...

http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soapprom2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

---Alex

Dec 16, 2006matrix8967

P.S. the reason i'm looking down is she's laughing at me...
also, nice viva la soap pic...very vegas

---Alex

Dec 25, 2006matrix8967

updated soaprev xanga. video coming sometime soon. most likely in Jan. fixed links on soaprev xanga. made a new post to include the soap petition. go sign the petition.

---Alex

Dec 25, 2006Slidey

No No No! You can't wear soaps to A PROM! lol.
What were you thinking!?! Yeah I know its a way of getting soap around but you could have worn black cleans or somthing instead of WHITE EXPRESS?? lol your funny man

Dec 25, 2006AnthoFlex

Imma wear My Express to my prom =/

Dec 25, 2006mnsoaperns

dude nice idea surprised your g/f wasn't pissed/horribly embarrassed antho if you do man wear some black cleans or some black expresses lol. hillarious pic though man

Dec 25, 2006AnthoFlex

Yo mnsoaperns, that isnt me in that pic lol I said im GOING to wear my Soapshoes to my prom
i wonder if i'll get kicked out.... :)

Dec 25, 2006matrix8967

i didn't wear them in prom, just to the prom. it started POURING rain about 30 min. after that pic, and i used my express to cover the blow for the uber expensive prom shoes. this year, i had planned on getting some black cleans mainly FOR prom. :) it'll make it interesting...i hate proms...

Dec 25, 2006matrix8967

---Alex

Dec 25, 2006Slidey

You got it, If you buy black cleans to mimic prom shoes but they have the grindplate, you can be sure you'll use the cleans again. Whereas if you buy super expensive prom shoes, you'll probably wear them to a few partys then leave them forever! (stupid proms)

Dec 25, 2006mnsoaperns

Antho I never said it was you, I said "antho IF YOU DO" I reffered to Alex as "dude". I suppose the lack of periods and commas made you misinterpret it heh, whatever...

Dec 25, 2006AnthoFlex

Ah, its cool, dunt even worry about it, everyone makes mistakes dude

Dec 25, 2006matrix8967

i've wanted black cleans for a while...cuz i could wear them to band concerts and competitions...stuff like that...

---Alex

Jan 10, 2007matrix8967

BIG news. if all goes right, i'll be filming a rev. video saturday at all region contests (they have a playground born and bread for soaping. benches, slides, and rails oh my.) ALSO, i might be in the yearbook for soaping. i doubt it, because everyone would be like "alex, why are you standing on that ledge like that?" but atleast the yearbook staff has the pic. for consideration.

Keep 'em comming people. I've seen this community grow more and more in the past few months. Keep up the awesome-ness. people like Anthoflex and SapAuthor and of course broox, are kicking some ass on that front.

---Alex

Jan 10, 2007AnthoFlex

Thanx dude

Jan 19, 2007matrix8967

so the video didn't work...water a little below shin level running through the courtyard...bleh...one of out team members messed up his back again...he might be out for a while...

the soap facebook group is going good...new members, and i loaded all my pics of shoes, plates, and soap revolution banners on there...some of the members don't soap, but they atleast support soap and think they're cool. if you have face book, join my SOAP shoes group.

---Alex

Jan 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Friggen spammers.

Jan 31, 2007matrix8967

I've recently made a new soap xanga...except this one isnt going to be about my team and all that...(which we are getting some new members once I find some size 7's dammit) but i'm feeling ill at the moment...updates later...

---Alex

Jan 31, 2007AnthoFlex

what is the link?

Feb 1, 2007matrix8967

www.xanga.com/soap_shoes
I made another one because the other was biased to my team. this is just soap shoes in general.

(someone already had "soapshoes" and it was blank since 2005 @_@)

so, anyway, everyone, link to it like a mad man. Also, a few of the UKFSW team have joined my Soap shoes facebook group...so go join that too.

---Alex

Feb 2, 2007matrix8967

heh, ok, so get this. I'm sicker than hell, but, It snowed at my house. so, I have an addiction to snow, so i went outside and i saw my pvc pipe was snowed over...I didn't have on my soaps (because i didn't want to risk snowy/watery damage) I had on my Vans (not slip on) and i was like "hmm...there's enough snow on the bottom of my shoes..." and i dusted off the excess snow from my pvc pipe and was like "i wonder..." and it was amazing...It was like having brand-feckin-new BBK's or something...

has nothing to do with the revolution...but it was awesome...wish i could have taken some pics...

---Alex

Feb 2, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah, wet Vans are almost like a pair of Soaps.

Feb 2, 2007shdook

belive it or not i can do kindgrinds with my ords

Feb 3, 2007matrix8967

Kind grind is like my fav. I tried to do it with my vans this morning, but they kept slipping off...I like kind grinds, power slides, and power glides...the easiest trick for me (other than fast slide) is a UFO...it's so easy to me for some reason...however, Cabdrivers, i've never been able to do...same with backslides, ally-oops (sp?). I can do royales and Farfs pretty easy...

---Alex

Feb 3, 2007SonicSoaper

Cabdrivers can be tricky. The ufo is easy maily because your feet natural slide into position. For the cabdriver you have to push your feet on their outer sides while bendin your knees, which isn't really a natural postiion for them.

Feb 12, 2007matrix8967

hopefully, pics will be put on the xangas this week. also, some of my friends are getting soaps...it's wierd...girls on my team out number guys.

---Alex

Feb 12, 2007AnthoFlex

That shows diversity, thats a great thing

Are they pretty?

Feb 12, 2007SonicSoaper

Oh here we go. Renny's gonna start macking on the ladies.

Feb 13, 2007matrix8967

yeah, they're all nice lookin, I'll post pics of them at the end of march. One is my girlfriend so no macking >:( macking on my friends would make me uncomfortable, but oh well, that's just me.

g2g teacher

---Alex

Feb 13, 2007RamenRadio

I still gotta work on our myspace layout, I'll get photoshop from my friend and get a working asap

Feb 13, 2007AnthoFlex

Photoshop takes LONG to learn dude

Feb 13, 2007RamenRadio

I've had some experience, a number of tutorials, two other people experienced with CS2 (I think you would be way to busy if I had a question, so I'll ask the super geeks in my school lol), and I can get CS2 free without crappy torrenting or limewire :D YAY for macs lol

Feb 14, 2007SonicSoaper

Silly Travis, real pirates don't use Macs. XD

Feb 14, 2007RamenRadio

I don't really see how that correlates to me, but um okay. And besides, you can't take software directly from a PC. You'd need to make a copy of an installation CD/DVD by actually having it. On a mac, all I need is a flash drive, go into a folder, drag the app, and put it on the flash drive. It automatically copies like 20 seconds. There you are, bug and infected free software!

But anyway, this is not a geek forum lol, so onto soaping details! Renny, I think you would win first place no problem using the broadsides at a talent show. Heck, I'd take the day off from school to see ya in action man. One school to another, so I don't think it'd be that big a deal lol. I wonder though, what moves would you plan on doing?

Feb 15, 2007matrix8967

so today, Robert and I where supposed to be taking pictures for a project at school, and we went to a good soap spot and where like "hmm...schools 1000 dollar camera...our soaps...and this waxed Ledge..." so we took some nice pics. some where kinda funny because I took the pic to early and stuff...anyway, tomorrow (when I email all of them to myself) they'll be on the soap xangas...we got some good ones...more to come because Robert is getting a Pair of Scabs, and someone else is getting some others. it's gonna be awesome.

---Alex

Feb 15, 2007matrix8967

apparently the name "soap revolution" is a much loved name. there's a myspace group with the same name. I'm not mad or anything, we're talking about soaps, and we are in the midst of a revolution, it's not like I didn't think "someone else might use this name" hell, it's not MY name, i didnt invent the word "soap" or "revoluion" but either way, I wish there where a way to tell between my team, and the myspace, and the other team...so i'm thinking of doing some name modifying on my part...any suggestions?

maybe "soap revolutionaries" or something?

---Alex

Feb 15, 2007RamenRadio

I think I can change it. Let me take a look. And sorry, I probably should have asked your permission first before making it.

Feb 15, 2007RamenRadio

Darn, my school has blocked a lot of proxys lately. Sorry Alex, I'll have to do it later. does anyone happen to know of a proxy? wtunnel.com and all those tunnels are blocked.

Feb 15, 2007matrix8967

it's ok man, you can keep it, as long as you specify it's not part of my team. like I said, I didn't invent the words "soap" or "revolution" and i'm not going to try and keep people from using it. hell, it's catchy. go crazy.

ok, so check it out, got like 8 pics from the other day posted on the soap facebook. xanga is being bitchy and not letting me upload. should I HTML them here or would derek get pissed because i didn't "submit photos" (which I'm about to submit some of them anyway.)

if you wanna see them, let me know, it's just a curb, but it's a good start considering it was improvised and just "hey, lets take some soap pics"

---Alex

Feb 15, 2007RamenRadio

Yes, I'm definitely interested. And I'm changing the info as we speak so that no one will think it's apart of the team.

Feb 15, 2007RamenRadio

All done, I left it right at the top of the description. Let me know about the pics. My email address is macramensea@hotmail.com

Feb 16, 2007matrix8967

don't worry about it.

this is me powersliding into a UFO (or powergliding?)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soap%20pics/CIMG0648.jpg

I just mounted on this one:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soap%20pics/CIMG0643.jpg

This one is where i stick my arse out like a rusty cannon on a sunken ship...it looks cool, but it's really un-balanced.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soap%20pics/CIMG0639.jpg

anyway, pics of my friend robert later, (i've got to get his permission first)

---Alex

Feb 17, 2007matrix8967

any feed back on the pics?

Feb 17, 2007AnthoFlex

The pix are pretty cool. I personally love the quality of the pix, look really clean.

There arent any rails around where you session?

Feb 17, 2007matrix8967

thats a like, super expensive camera for my Virtual Reality lab at school, there is a rail, but i can't hit it yet. like i said, all the rails around here are either to easy or to hard for me...this one being to hard, but I think i have a plan on how to execute it...so i think i'll get it soon.

here it is:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soap%20pics/CIMG0637-1.jpg

but the camera is a casio and it's super good...i'm gonna try and use it for all my soap pics, but i don't know how long i can convince the teacher i'm taking pics for my project lol

Feb 17, 2007shdook

That is one sick ass rail their! I cant wait to see you do it.

Feb 17, 2007Wesker

Hit that rail from then begining at the first kink, it will be easier than you think.

Feb 17, 2007matrix8967

yeah, and also, i'm gonna try and hit back foot first. usually I run at it, and jump, and try to land front foot first (which means i'm jumping off my non-dominant leg) and i've been trying on my "practice rail" (ill explain that later) to hit back foot first, and i think i can do it. just the thought is enought to give me the balls to try it more often atleast.

my practice rail is an 8 foot long balance beam for kids at an old playground. so it has what I call "oh shit handles" so if you fall, you can catch urself. it's the perfect rail for beginners. i'll try to get a pic of it soon. and when I get the time, i'm gonna try that rail...but i want to do it when no one is around, and it's kinda hard to find that place when no one is around...cuz if i bust my arse, i'd prefer not to be laughed at...but it might just come down to embarrassment in order to get it.

---Alex

Feb 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Alex, where do you live, i NEEEEEED to hit that rail, i think i can clear all of it.

Feb 17, 2007matrix8967

heh, in arkansas in a town about 20 miles south of little rock, way far away from new york. I think you can clear all of it too.

---Alex

Feb 17, 2007AnthoFlex

damn that rail is the real deal!!!

i think im in love with a rail....

Feb 17, 2007snikas

nice Antho... a rail real sweet

Feb 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Nice ALEX, not Antho

Thats in Arkanas, where Alex lives...i live in NYC

Feb 18, 2007matrix8967

yeah, it's a dandy. i wish i could steal it. lol. i'll steal it a piece at a time. but when i hit that rail, this will be the first palce the pics go.

---Alex

Feb 18, 2007matrix8967

Should be more soap pics this week (i uno if there will be any of that rail, but atleast some on my practice rail.)

---Alex

Feb 19, 2007SapAuthor

Just wanted to mention, above was mention of cameras, i always recommend the DXG 305v, 505v, or Roadster, which are low cost multifunction camera/camcorders. I had a 305v (now my girlfriend has it), and i have the roadster now. THe 305v is about 100, you can get it for less on ebay most times, and its 320x240 at 30fps, the 505 and roadster are about 130 and 150 and are 640x480 at 30fps.

Feb 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, i think you can step your game up a bit.

Im not flaming you, i just think you got better potential then that

Feb 19, 2007matrix8967

yeah, i understand. like i said, the only good rail is that black one, and i saw my friend rack his balls on it, so i'm kinda iffy on that. I wish there where something as an in-between. I know these pics are just little curbs. but they're A. fun, and B. these pics where a "well, we have the camera, lets go take some pics somewhere." so we just went to these to places.

i do know what ur saying. I wish i had a good rail around. I appreciate the feed back though...but check this out, fresh off the photoshop.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/soap%20pics/CIMG0657mod.jpg

it was kind of an accident, but i thought it looked cool. but yeah, i think i'll grow some balls and start just doing big rails and hoping for the best. i'm gonna start off on that black rail. i think i have an idea how to do it. anyway, thanks for the feed back, more feed back is welcome.

---Alex

Feb 20, 2007AnthoFlex

Thats sick

Feb 20, 2007matrix8967

thanks, it was an accident, but i can't wait to get some GOOD pics.

---Alex

Feb 24, 2007matrix8967

haha ok, get this, there where tornado's like mad today (and still are) and i usually only carry things i can't replace with me (like my computer hard-drive) and i was like hmm...so i grabbed a gymbag and put in my broadsides and my scabs, all my plates, keys, and screws...dedication anyone? lol.

---Alex

Feb 24, 2007kobansora

Matrix.... That's freakin awesome.

~JJ

Feb 24, 2007AnthoFlex

This thread has gotten waaaaaay too long.

Alex, u think you can make a new one, this one is rather annoying. (how long it is i mean)

does anyone agree?

Feb 24, 2007matrix8967

i figured i'd keep all my stuff in one little pile...i just start new subjects on this one...it doesnt matter to me, i just don't want to waste alot of forum space or anything (like have like 10 different posts) but it doesnt bother me. if you want, i'll start new ones for stuff. but i think it's the longest one on solidgrind. i'm kinda proud lol.

---Alex
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dunk hittin a Backslide
A kid sliding on the Soap Van
Dario Nieva hittin a Fastslide
Ian Walsh hittin a Frontside
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Long Handrail