Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Winter Soaping
Oct 12, 2006 by blakeashake

Yes winter soaping has started!!! wel at least for a couple days. But i love soaping in the winter i did it a couple years ago and i had so much fun time to do it again.
Replies

Oct 12, 2006SPSR

i started soaping last winter. it was awesome, the rails are so slick from the snow that you go super fast. my practice rail was covered in snow and i did not see this giant wood block at the end so when i got to the end i went flying almost 6feet across my backyard and got stuck in my bonzai tree. good times.

Oct 13, 2006matrix8967

yeah man, winter soaping is so awesome. It's just...better to me....cuz I started soaping in winter of 6th grade with my friend Damien (crowbars) and Jarred (scorchers)

---Alex

Oct 13, 2006SapAuthor

I can't wait, i'm heading back to Wisconsin for my 2nd semester of college, it's already snowed there lol. I just got to find a new perfect practice rail for when i get there, although i hope to have most of my balance and maybe some tricks done before this semester's over.

Oct 13, 2006mnsoaperns

Yeah Winter Soaping is so great also started soaping last winter and it was great, except when the temperature dipped below 0 with a windchill of about -30, but so great, hopefully there will be some stories to tell this winter.

Oct 13, 2006SapAuthor

That's cold. I know, in wisconsin, there's a saying. It's not cold until it's below zero with a wind chill, lol. I think the coldest it got was like -10 with snow and winds that brought it to like -35 or something

Oct 13, 2006mnsoaperns

yeah here in Minnesota that saying is the same (well are states are touching) but then theres always some asshole Ice fishing and getting stuck underwater, and winding up dead, because of that saying, even if we do live in a cold climate below freezing is still really fucking cold (not to cold to go soaping though)

Oct 13, 2006Wesker

Forget that, anything below 50 with windchill is too cold, unless it's snowing (I can tolerate cold weather if it's snowing for some reason.)

Oct 13, 2006mnsoaperns

snow does make it seem warmer than it actually is.. I agree with you there.

Oct 13, 2006SPSR

the snow reflects what little sunlight warmth you get making it seem warmer.

Oct 14, 2006masterbrain0

you guys r lucky! my mom's MIGHT be ordering soaps nexr week. and then I have to wait almost a month for them to come. and by that time, even if I DO get soaps, i'll already have missed a month of soaping in the best time of the year!!!! *pouts*

Oct 14, 2006masterbrain0

also to mention the fact that IT FREAKING DOESN'T SNOW HERE!!!!! *pouts even more*

Oct 15, 2006blakeashake

the snow soaping sucked becuz i had to watch where i soaped becuz thee are electrical lines all over the grounds because of the damn weather

Oct 24, 2006spartykus

hey have you seen that pic on here...

http://www.solidgrind.com/photos/soap-shoes/182/#8521

looks awesome to soap in winter!!!
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Chris Corrado hittin a Steep Frontside
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide
A kid sliding on the Soap Van
Louis Selby styling out a tweaked UFO for the cameras during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping