Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Grind rails, not the plates
Sep 17, 2006 by SonicSoaper

If you're looking to do some practice but don't really have a lot of handrails around to do so, why not buy a grind rail? Most are pretty durable and can be connected to others to make a long rail. Anyway, today I went to Modells and was able to buy a World Industries rails. Pretty nice, set up was a little bit frustration though. After it was done, I tried it out and it worked great! WI makes two rails, kinked and regular, and they both go for 50 bucks a pop. I know, the price sucks but it's worth it.
Replies

Sep 17, 2006Tatacker

Give me that much, and I'll like, rig something up with galvanized iron pipes that's elevated some how.

I looked at Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday. I cringed at the price tag. 60 dollars for a 7ft rail.

Sep 17, 2006SonicSoaper

Like I said, prices suck.

Sep 20, 2006Frequency33

Or you can find a neighbor that welds. Im gonna get him to make me a 10 foot rail for like 15 bucks. =)

Sep 20, 2006SapAuthor

awesome. I checked on ebay. all of those aren't worth it cuz shipping is like 50 bucks lol. there were some at the skatepark of tampa, but they were mainly square rails, i can't do square rails with express, and if they are wide enough, can't do it with any shoe. I'm still trying to get the whole "lean forward" aspect of grinding on an edge -.- Anywyas, you could always try to make your own using pipe that has the screw ends. A long pipe, two elbow joints, two small pipes, T joint, and two more pipes, maybe some blocks to support the middle. Wouldn't be cheap but would probably be less than the 50 bucks i would imagine.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Cullen Wurzer hittin a Hittin a royale on a bike rack
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
Danny Lynch with a backside at the Korean Bell, Palos Verdes
Loren Dalla Betta hittin a Fastslide
Jason Fillo of DEOS hittin a Unity in Newark, Delaware