Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Flaming
Jan 31, 2014 by zelda

Hey guys,

This is not directed at anyone in particular, just a friendly reminder that we should try to avoid flaming. If you check out the past of this website, it was flaming that really brought soap shoes down. HSL played a huge role in it, but members arguing didn't make it better.

So just do us all a favor and each one of us try to be a little more understanding of each other. One of us might seem like a dick, but I'm sure we're just kidding with each other. We're all kids for Christ sake we're playing with ourselves ;)

Thanks all.
Replies

Jan 31, 2014kowalski

1. Flaming did not bring Soap shoes down. If you think that you don't understand capitalism. If Soap was making a profit, no amount of flaming on a commercially insignificant internet forum would stop their production.

For real.

2. Everyone here needs to chill the fuck out a bit. There has been no flaming. I think you need to google check what flaming means.

3. I don't care for anyone else's offendedness, that is each person's individual responsibility. People can either choose to be offended and waste their lives on that or they can choose to grow-up and get on with life. I don't care, it is your life to be wasteful or productive with.

Trust me, if I decided to come at any of you, you'd know about it. Just like if any of you decided to hate on anyone else here it would be obvious to us all too. But, blatantly, that isn't happening.

4. Getting butthurt on behalf of some random douche is baby behaviour and will be ridiculed heavily by me.

I know most of you here are children, but you are interacting with adults too and in an unmoderated public forum. I'm an anarcho-syndicalist at nature so this lack of moderation suits me fine. I don't need a higher authority and can find peace and harmony with my fellow man perfectly well through the linguistic exchange of ideas. If I think someone is a douche, I will say so and so should you.

Flaming is an entirely different thing from stating your opinion. Stop being little faggits and just use the forum.

Grown up talk.

Jan 31, 2014mindreader

What he means that flaming on the forum turned a lot of people away from the website,so it might be beneficial to avoid arguments over something silly, especially at such early stages of the return of soap. Also the thread just seemed to be a reminder, not a post for debate.

Jan 31, 2014zelda

Not only that, but I'm not sure if you realized how minimal the profit was for Hsl having the express made. For the return of the express, I remember a total of 2 shipments, but no more than three for the three years the express were brought back. Lol I mean kowalski, you have talked about capitalism several times as if it's one of the greatest evils of men, but those evils don't necessarily apply to every single business (small business in particular would be my point). The only reason hsl bought soap or the other patents was so they could use these ideas for their own shoes, and for no other. Soap shoes demos would feature heelys before being replaced completely.

I know you like to debate a lot bro, but come on, be real lol. Yelling at one another turns people away, not that I'm insinuating you were yelling but not the best way to start soaps comeback. So relax man, I think everyone is good now.

Jan 31, 2014kowalski

By reminder and not a debate you mean dictatoin and not consensus, but zelda isn't the forum's dictator and neither are you. So if others want to debate and disagree, they will. It is not only healthy for any discussion forum to discuss things, but also essential or it isn't a discussion forum.

(Also, if you don't think this is a thread for debate why are you debating? Irony abound.)

That is part of the beauty of an unmoderated, public forum. We necessarily solve things through debate not dictation. I won't be dictated to and, if you respect yourself, neither should you. I will, however, gladly debate to reach consensus.

I don't think that when he said "it was flaming that really brought soap shoes down" he meant " flaming on the forum turned a lot of people away from the website". They are two completely different claims.

Jan 31, 2014mindreader

Time to let this thread sink, shame there's no mock button

Jan 31, 2014mindreader

Lock*

Jan 31, 2014kowalski

If Soap was profitable, they wouldn't have stopped producing. I haven't said it is evil in this thread only that you clearly don't understand market forces if you think that some children calling each other "smelly fart breath" and "gay chutney chugger" on an insignificant internet forum brought down a profitable industry.

That is seriously hilarious.

HSL may have had their own plans to do away with Soap and add grind blocks to Heeleys but that is a completely separate claim to the claim that forum in-fighting killed Soaps.

Don't get it twisted.

Jan 31, 2014kowalski

No, mindreader, it isn't a shame there is no lock button. You might need to give a small group of people denomination over others to make you happy or protect you from your ideas being exposed through debate, but personally I like to live freely and let my ideas run the gauntlet.

Lol.

Jan 31, 2014mcgrinder2011

Wow... Lot of debate started over here. I just can't help but get the feeling that this was somehow my fault for arguing yesterday.

Jan 31, 2014zelda

nah don't worry about it bro.

kowalski my argument stands as it is as I know you have like two PHD's in philosophy and are the one in fact twisting my arguments around ;P

in response to your argument about a forum bringing down an industry, HSL brought down themselves. You're lumping together HSL's business with SOAPs business.

But you know what, I'm not going to go on about it on the forum. I lost your email Jack and actually meant to email you so we could talk about it some more., if you'd like post it again in your profile temporarily and I'll send you an email. Who knows maybe you'll teach me something lol. It's 10 AM here (do you know where your children are).

Feb 1, 2014grug250

how about we all just band together and soap and beat up scooter fags

Feb 1, 2014gongon1037

Hello, how is everyone doing :)

Feb 1, 2014gongon1037

The only time I like scooters is when I see them bust some rad grind tricks on hand rails, which is rare since most people that ride scooters are little kids :P

Feb 1, 2014mindreader

Doing well! And sounds good
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides
Dario Nieva with a Backside UFO
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Frontside
Ryan Armstrong, Maxwell, and Casey Faris with the double FS and double flip
Mike Dean hittin a UFO at the skatepark