Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Favorite designs
Sep 13, 2013 by zelda

Hey guys, just thought I'd post a poll for your favorite soap shoes. It'd be helpful if you actually wore the shoes for the poll, however I'll give you guys an idea of each shoe.

Broadsides

Scorchers

Sylons/Boltar

Scab

Groove

So for those that don't know, all grind shoes that were made to have grind plates replaced are actually kind of heavy shoes. That goes double for the cleans and scabs, they were just made with a material that weren't too light. That's why Chris Morris made shoes that were lighter, such as the sylons and boltars. Even better, he made several more designs to be shipped at different stores; so people would see the many different designs of soap shoes.

Grind plates with replaceable grind plates don't always work the way you want, sometimes the rubber on the shoes would wear down to the grind plate. This would cause you to slide when you try to land after grinding off of something. So just an FYI, after buying replaceable grind shoes you'd probably have to buy another pair of shoes anyway (kind of defeating the purpose of that said shoe).

What's great about shoes like the scorchers however, is that they are extremely light. The scorchers are one of the perfect shoes, they are like running shoes. Broadsides are great because you can do many different tricks on them that you can't on other shoes.

So my top two choices are broadsides and scorchers, for those said reasons. My decision isn't based on how cool all the soap shoes look however, but I think scorchers look great.

What's your favorite pair of soap shoes?
Replies

Sep 13, 2013manofmisery

scorchers

Sep 13, 2013mindreader

broadsides hands down i dig the look and wanna do a mizuo lolll

Sep 16, 2013Revengasaur

I prefer the classic look of Scabs/Cleans. I have worn the same pairs for many years and the tread is going strong. (My old black cleans are starting to get pretty worn though.) Then again I don't really wear my soaps as casual shoes.

Sep 17, 2013zelda

not gonna lie, blue scabs were always a great look. plus those black/grey scabs are always awesome, but I prefer the newer ones as opposed to anything that came with UHF originals.

Sep 18, 2013Wesker

I always wanted a pair of A-Sides. I loved the red and gray simple look.

Sep 18, 2013Relate2Videos

Asides are definitely a cool shoe, personally I like the blue and black color more. That's just because blue is one of my favorite colors though, red and grey is nice as well.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Final Fantasy X hittin a Frontside
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
Mike Burke hittin a Sportin his Boltars
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides