Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Heights
May 23, 2013 by LIGERZERO7

... Sorry i know this topic is a little stupid but any tips about high rails? Or tips about getting onto rails without slipping out? Im still a little new to soaping and wanted some tips to get onto rails cuz in kinda aftaid of heights...
Replies

May 24, 2013Relate2Videos

Sorry dude, youre not going tobkike the answer. Each person does this ddifferently and you just need to figure it out for yourself. Some people do it regular, some do it goofy, some just jump on a rail altogether. Dont forget to keep your feet spread apart for your balance. Also watch oNe and tWo to see anything you like.

May 24, 2013Revengasaur

Try jumping up to big ledges first, then you'll realize it's all in your head. I need to go for it more too, I have trouble with higher rails.

May 24, 2013camaro126

It is in your head but it's really hard to get over that. I still am trying to get over it and it may just be one of those things you just need to fall a few times before you get it... :\

May 24, 2013Revengasaur

I have eaten some serious shit in the course of my soaping career. I overshot a rail and slid down a hill covered in stupid bushes once. A hunk of branch stabbed into the palm of my hand. I banana-peeled super bad on a taller rail and racked my gooch severely in the same session. It was a bad day for soaping. I pulled the whole rail later that month though, it was one of my first real "vertical" grinds. Later my buddy Phil broke his wrist soaping that rail. We sessioned it quite a bit, because it was just up the block from my house at the time. I tripped on the lock-in jumping up to a backside on a tall skinny concrete ledge, stepped over my front foot and went face first into the asphalt parking lot on the other side. I rolled out of it but jacked up my shoulder pretty bad. Put me out for a few weeks.

May 25, 2013LIGERZERO7

D:

Jun 5, 2013camaro126

I would suggest wearing protection to have more confidence and using maybe a chair or something that you can step onto before grinding. That way you don't have to jump very high and can get used to higher rails.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at WIU
Joe Fitzgerald hittin a UFO
Steven Lam hittin a Frontside on a sick rail
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Acid Soul