Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
NO PLATES
Jan 10, 2013 by owgo124

man where can I find some extra plates these days besides the 5/6 on ebay????
Replies

Jan 10, 2013Relate2Videos

they'll be put up on ebay soon don't worry.

Jan 10, 2013owgo124

Yea i hope because i want to get the clean sand soap shoes on ebay but i hear those original plates need to be replaced so if not ill end up getting the squeaky cleans

What size do you need? I know the person putting them up.

Jan 10, 2013owgo124

I think a 7/8

you're gonna have to contact steve deel about that one, those are hard to come by nowadays.

Jan 10, 2013owgo124

yea Thanks man. where do the people on ebay get soap shoes new? they dont still make soaps right?

I'll get some links for you just a sec, Soap shoes aren't being made at the moment. Heelys thought it was pretty wise to ruin themselves instead of just give the people what they wanted.

Any new soaps are left over in skate sites in the UK, some new pairs are being put up on ebay but definitely not in a 7 or an 8. At least not from anyone I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SEuUIAZ1Yw

https://www.facebook.com/The.Kates.Skates

http://www.rawk.com/c98/soap-shoes/

See if you have any relatives in the UK. There's also instructables online how to make your own soap shoes, but you need to be careful. If you have the grind plate sticking out too far, you'll slide and hurt yourself when landing.

Jan 10, 2013gongon1037

I'll probably get my hands on a pair before there gone.

Jan 10, 2013owgo124

yea ill buy some on ebay i tried making them once. it was like a couple years ago and they were the most sketchy shoes ever i probably just didnt put the plate in the right place

Jan 10, 2013owgo124

yea ill buy some on ebay i tried making them once. it was like a couple years ago and they were the most sketchy shoes ever i probably just didnt put the plate in the right place

Jan 11, 2013Revengasaur

Go forth and get you a pair of each, son. Collect bottles and cans from around town, mow lawns, work extra shifts at work. (depending on how old you are, haha) If you're a size 8 you're stoked. Just remember that the soaps listed by SkateSaleStore(rawk) on eBay are in UK sizes, so that means you want to order one size smaller than your US shoe size.

Jan 12, 2013docjonez420

hey so i have this old pair of soaps.. im now 31 and soaped when it started..my shoes are in great shape...however i need new plates where would i look. i haven't seen anyone else have any info ,me and a friend are the only ones in a 50 mile radius that even own a pair of soaps and surprisingly they still fit me 13 years later

Jan 12, 2013Revengasaur

What size shoe do you wear Doc? This is a problem The soaping community has been trying to solve for some time now, and hopefully we will soon. Sadly your best bet for the time being is to shell out $85 on eBay for a whole new pair.

Jan 12, 2013Relate2Videos

Docjones let me know your shoe size and maybe I can help you out

Jan 16, 2013docjonez420

ill dig them out tomorrow and get accurate size but i kno i wear a 10/11 in us size,i kno that the plates on them are slo bros ,and are worn down on the inside edge almost to the shoe sole and i wanna get new ones so i can keep rockin these

Jan 16, 2013Relate2Videos

Tell me the size of your soap shoes and if they still fit. Its imortant to bave your soaps tight, not loose. You dont want floppy shoes if youre grinding a 7 foot rail

Jan 17, 2013owgo124

hey can you get me some plates I found out im a 8/9

Jan 18, 2013owgo124

i meant 9-10

Jan 18, 2013Relate2Videos

It's going to be a while before I can do that brother, I moved and left some stuff in my old room. We can keep in touch during email though and I can give you tips and stuff.

Jan 20, 2013owgo124

okay thanks man.

Jan 21, 2013gongon1037

since we're on the topic, I want to get a new set of plates also. 9/10 black or white.

Jan 21, 2013owgo124

honestly i dont really care what color i get i just need a 9-10

Jan 21, 2013Relate2Videos

I definitely have like 5 pairs of 9/10, only one pair in white though. Plus I have a pair of 7/8 curb busters that barely fit into the 9/10's :)

Jan 22, 2013gongon1037

can you grind rails with curb busters also?

Jan 22, 2013zelda

i think so

Jan 22, 2013Relate2Videos

yeah you can, but your feet are going to be tweaked in a ufo position.

Jan 23, 2013owgo124

yea ill take some of those 9/10s man haha whenever I grind a curb i think i shouldnt be using them
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Sean Fillenwarth hittin a Frontside
Derek hittin a Cheese Grater at the Cedar Rapids demo
Mart hittin a Royale on one of the huge rails at Beaumont School, St Albans
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside