Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Beginner Tips?
Sep 8, 2006 by Tatacker

Well. I tried a slide today at my neighborhood's park. Didn't work out very well.

Main reason why was that it was too steep, and there's no way to run onto the slide in the first place, as the only horizontal part was about 1 foot in length, then went downward.

However, I'm doing the pipe just fine..
Replies

Sep 8, 2006AnthoFlex

Dude.........lean forward

Sep 8, 2006AnthoFlex

*sorryif that sounded a little harsh

Sep 9, 2006Mart

Which it did...

Next time you try the slide, jump up onto it and, if your plates are connected, immediately put most of your weight on your front foot. If you keep your weight on your back foot your feet will travel faster than your body and they'll slip out from underneath you

Sep 9, 2006SapAuthor

keep your feet spaced though, if your back foot goes past your center of gravity, your weight will push the plates forward resulting in a slide out and often painful end. Trust me, i know.

What I want to know, is it harder to royale with expresses? I can never seem to do it, i bend with the knees but my shoe either goes flat or it rubs on the material. Maybe i need to tighten my shoe so it doesn't move...

Sep 10, 2006Mart

There's no harm in it rubbing up the sides of the shoe, that looks sick because it's super-torqued. Just make sure you bend your knees alot with it

Sep 10, 2006Tatacker

Hm.. Thanks guys.

When you mean connect.. Do you mean that literally?

Sep 11, 2006Mart

...connected to the slide, or whatever you're grinding. Making and securing contact. Doesn't take a genius

Sep 11, 2006AnthoFlex

YEa man, thats the most important.....Otherwise you can end up hung up......That sucks......yo u think ur locked in but ur more focused on clearing the whole rail.....then you bail and cant have any more kids.....
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zack Ricky hittin a Frontside on a long, fat, kinked rail.
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale down the S rail at Wash U
Dario Nieva hittin a Fastslide
Wyatt Peterson sticking a backslide and throwin up Westsiiiide
Tanner Gregory hittin a Royale