Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Tampa Skatepark vid coming!
Sep 3, 2006 by SapAuthor

It's not an official nor high quality vid, but i just got back from the skatepark of tampa, and did some soaping, and i'm putting them together in a small collection video for my site, i'll link it here hwen i'm done, i got a couple good moves on there, and impressed a couple ppl. I'm also working on my skateboarding, since it gives me another thing to do while i'm there. Some kids were even intrested in getting some themselves. Anyways, i'll post the link soon. I also got a pretty nice battle scar, i found stoping forward motion on pavement with your arm skin is a bad thing (fell trying to do a 180 with my soaps, when i landed my feet were to close together and flew out).
Replies

Sep 3, 2006AnthoFlex

Its all good man.....If thats the world famous indoor sk8park im thinking about, you may have just did Soap a HUUUUUUUGE favor. All the pros of ANY sport go there and if they saw that AND they were impressed, you bet ur ass is on footy all over the place now. Great Job Trev, just great. My hat is off to you.....Yo, you think you can Email the footy to me? AnthoFlex@yahoo.com

Sep 3, 2006SapAuthor

Not sure if it's the world famous one, but it is rather large, and there are a lot of kids who are good, and some adults too, the park's site is www.skateparkoftampa.com. As for the video, it's here -> http://sonicandpals.buzznet.com/user/video/50731/
It's nothing too big, but it was my first good Ollie, a nice rail to box continuos grind thingy, and my first time i did a stair rail successfully. And a pretty nice spill that was all worth cuz i was trying to pull off a soap move, even if it was an easy move and i just screwed it up ^.^ tell me what you think! I put hte link on my site as well, hopefully the viewers will enjoy, i've already talked with a bunch of them who are interested in soaps.

Sep 3, 2006Wesker

lol, fun stuff Trev

Sep 3, 2006Mart

Those two rail grinds were pretty damn nice man, nice work! Next time you put an edit together though, please focus on the grind/trick/whatever in that clip; there was an awful lot of shit that you could have cut out of that, like you walking up to the camera, waiting ages for that second attempt at the bump, stuff like that. I reckon you could have cut down the length of the video by about half if all that wasn't there

Check the videos Derek uploaded to this site, especially the ones featuring the Relate crew, everything's cut nice and tight and it keeps the up the pcae of the video

Sep 3, 2006AnthoFlex

As for me, (i already said this in my email to you) i liked the video, expecially the curved rail to box. Everyone went crazy when you landed that haha. But dude, you put waaaaay too many subtitles with too much time in between. That slows the video down (in terms of intensity) other than that, it was a really cool video, Looked MAAAD fun

Sep 3, 2006SapAuthor

yah, like i said it wasn't a big video, the reason why it's longer, etc is becuase it was late at night, i wnated to get it uploaded for the viewers, and my laptop was overheating (literally, first time my laptop shut down from overheat O.o) Otherwise I would have made it a little shorter and better, plus i didn't have a whole lot of material becuase most of hte day i spent trying to get htat ollie down. My next big goal is to get more comfertable with that stair rail. I was going at it from the side, cuz on the other side of the rail were steps instead of a slope, still afraid i'll fall that way and get hurt, i have to get over that fear.

Sep 10, 2006mgm

I gave up trying to learn to skateboard. It's too hard to get off the ground. I switched to inline skates.

Sep 10, 2006AnthoFlex

People these days....give up tooo easily
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Orr Whartman hittin a Dragon Makio
Daz Burt pulling a frontside 'nugen during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide
Jeff Hites, a Moline Police Officer doing a frontside