Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Tips For a Beginner
Sep 30, 2011 by Pepsiman98

I finally snagged a pair of Soaps off of Craigslist. Before I attempt to grind anything and get myself killed/seriously injured, does anyone have any tips for someone who hasn't soaped before?
Replies

Oct 5, 2011Brad

start small. when i got my first soaps i hit the biggest rail i could and nearly broke myself haha. but seriously, start with curbs or practice rails and move up as you get more comfortable.

Oct 5, 2011RamenRadio

start doing rails after a month, no more no less. Otherwise you'll never move forward my friend.

Oct 6, 2011Pepsiman98

Now that I've broken in the shoes and practiced with them a bit, anyone have any tips on landing on the plates when I jump?

Oct 6, 2011RamenRadio

lol you never heard of regular or goofy foot? One foot at a time, either your front foot first then your back foot, or vise versa.

Everyone is different, I used to be goofy foot then I started again with my backfoot and found it better.

Oct 7, 2011Pepsiman98

^I didn't mean that, I've got that all figured out already. I was talking when you jump on to a curb/bench, I end up landing on my sole a lot, so I was wondering if there was a trick to landing on the plates more often.

Oct 7, 2011RamenRadio

Ancient hawaiian secret: practice my friend lol.

There's no trick, you just need to keep practicing your aim until you get it right. I do know the issue that you are talking about, especially with the shoes you bought. Don't get me wrong,

Express are a good shoe, always have been and always will be. The one problem is that there's a layer of rubber where I would normally try to grind on with my bbks. So instead in a weird way I would try and aim a little lower than I usually would with the bbks. If I ever hated on the express, it was because of that reason which really turned out to be no big deal over time.

If this confused you in any way, I'm afraid you need to keep practicing until you figure out your own style. That's pretty much what everyone else did bro.

Oct 7, 2011Pepsiman98

^I difinitely see what you mean about aiming a bit lower, and I figured as much about the practice part. They'll probably lock all the doors to the gym at my school over the weekend, but if I can get in, I'll certainly practice as much as I can.

Oct 8, 2011RamenRadio

good luck!

btw please tell me bro, what made you login after all this time? This site was inactive for like years until now haha

Oct 8, 2011Pepsiman98

To be perfectly honest, I wanted to know where I could find a pair of these things. XD

Oct 8, 2011RamenRadio

lmao cool man hope you get good real fast, it'd be great to bring back the soap scene

Oct 11, 2011zelda

welcome bro

Oct 14, 2011Brad

cant count how many times ive posted this link, but ill just leave this here

http://www.kateskates.co.uk/store.html?x1=2060188473&;x4=soap&x=8&y=7

Its great, cause theres world wide shipping! i plan on getting myself some squeaks here shortly

Oct 15, 2011RamenRadio

does kateskaes actually sell soap shoes and not screw people over?

if they actually do sell soaps, i'll buy them out and bring back soap shoes myself. i don't care who i have to contact hsl to make it happen haha

Oct 16, 2011Brad

I dunno bout them not screwing people over, but I guess we'll see.

Oct 21, 2011Riqs

lol ah there goes one question thank god they ship internationally because a few of my friend and i been looking for them forever. they better still be selling these -_- its retard not to continue the production of these epic shoes.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Theo of Athens hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.
Herr Blunt hittin a Frontside