Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
HELP!
May 17, 2010 by Brad

Ok, so I finally got my slo bros is the mail and I go and change the screws. Top two come out like it's nothing but then I get to the bottom screw. It's not exactly stripped, but more kinda caved in. The key wont fit in is what I'm trying to say. So to those of you who may or may not have had this problem, is there any sort of way I can fix it? 'Cause I don't wanna ruin my shoes by trying to like pry the plate off.
Replies

May 17, 2010HDCineman

Hey B.. I've had this many times before. Find something that is strong and pointy, and will fit in the lil hole. I think I used an ice pick before. You want to put the tip inside as deep as you can at one of the corners of the hole for the soap key. then keep pressure into the point and scrape up towards the head of the screw, like.. towards yourself. Do that in each point and you should be able to scrape out enough of the mashed metal to fit your soap key in. Hope the makes some sense.

The metal that gets mashed in around the hole is pretty weak and you can just kind of scrape it off, so that the key will fit in.

May 17, 2010Brad

I tried sorta doing that with a flat headed screw driver but was sorta reluctant because I didn't wanna screw them up or anything. I guess I could try it again though. Thanks Bryndon :)

May 17, 2010Brad

Niiice it totally worked :D

Btw, whats that blue stiff that's on the plates? When I first opened them there was a purpleish blue sorta thing on them

May 18, 2010SpiderSoaper

it's some sorta paint (not sure what it's really called) so that the bolts dont come undone by themselves

May 18, 2010Brad

No, not on the screws,but the plate. It was sorta powdery i guess.

May 18, 2010SpiderSoaper

oh my bad. i misread that.

in the plates???

i usually get dirt caught in them. pic?

May 18, 2010Brad

WEll, it's pretty much gone now, but I'll see if I can get a pic up tomorrow.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Royale
Aaron MacDonald hittin a Frontside
Louis hittin a Frontside