Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Starting Out
Aug 20, 2006 by BladeZ

Hey i ordered a pair of soaps earlier and they should arrive in a couple of days, any tips on how to do some basic tricks and what obstacles to start out on wud b apreciated thanks =]
Replies

Aug 21, 2006screwheeleys

start on lower things like curbs then try benches eventually u can try rails

Aug 22, 2006AnthoFlex

Dunt try curbs first, try a practice rail

Aug 22, 2006AnthoFlex

Dunt try curbs first, try a practice rail

Aug 22, 2006AnthoFlex

shit.....double-click

Aug 22, 2006Mart

That isn't necessarily the best advice Antho. Curbs force you to jump to get any speed/distance on the grind, with a PVC pipe you can practically step on it and slide

First things first, head over to http://www.soapshoes.info">Soap Shoes Online and check out the tutorials, there's some good advice in there for beginners

If you do grind curbs and ledges alot to start off with, be careful about hitting up a rail of any height for the first time; rails slide alot easier that curbs, especially painted rails. This is also another good reason to start off on curbs and ledges; there's alot more friction, so your foot isn't likely to slide out from underneath you if your balance is dodgy

Aug 22, 2006SapAuthor

Mart's right on this one, get a 3 inch diameter 10 ft PVC pipe, it's like 10 bucks. They work well and you can get hte basics done on it, and if you have a ledge you can practice jumping up onto it, or also put it on a slanted hill to try slants. Best part is if you fall, you are right at the ground so no worries of pain or injury, cept hte rare sprained ankle or bruise.

Aug 24, 2006AnthoFlex

Yo Mart, were you talking about curbstones or those horribly WIDE, ROUND metal curbs....If ur talking about the curbstones, those are definetly a good curb to start out with....I guess i thought you were talking about the wide, round metal curbs cause thats mostly whats here in NYC.....Curbstones are the shit to grind down in Main Street though

Aug 24, 2006DeanSoaper

wtf dude this isnt fucking runescape, thats kinda gay, Diablo and WarCraft are REAL computer games, but this sint even about that, talk about soaping or stfu.

Aug 24, 2006DeanSoaper

shit not sint, sry

Aug 24, 2006Mart

Don't fucking start, nobody wants to here this shit

Antho, I'd have thought curbstones would have given it away ;)

Aug 24, 2006AnthoFlex

yea..hehe.....but those round ones i was talking about are a fucking bitch to grind, ONLY my express have been able to actually slide what little grind ur able to do on them....perhaps i should give these broadsides a whirl then...so Mart, how was that lemonade vodka?

Aug 24, 2006Mart

Vodka lemonade. It was good, I had a good night

Aug 24, 2006JAK88

YOUR MOM AND I HAD A GOOD NIGHT 2

Aug 24, 2006JAK88

MART, SUK MY TIT!
MY PUSS IS A LITTL WET THO
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Dunk's 'Take My Shoe Off' Backslide on the Alexandra Park handrail