Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
515 Alive
Jul 30, 2006 by Relsi

Did anyone else go to this? They were supposed to have soapers and all, but they had 1 rail and only one guy rode it at all, and he only did it like, twice. Just wondering if anyone else caught it and was as disappointed in it as I was...
Replies

Jul 31, 2006Surfaced

Well the Alive Festival is a huge event. Even if the Soaping factor was lame (quite predictable, actually), I'm sure there was some great music.

Jul 31, 2006AnthoFlex

what are you talking about?

Jul 31, 2006Relsi

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, they had a couple of decent locals as far as BMX and skateboarders. The music was pretty awesome, they had some amazing DJs there as well as some dancers. You're right in that area.

Antho - 515 Alive here in Des Moines is like a big rave, only more organized (this is how it was explained to me before I went). They have a bunch of DJ's at like, 9 different stages i think. Earlier in the evening they had some kids doing BMX and skateboarding.

Aug 3, 2006broox

Ha, why didn't you wear your soaps out? The reason there wasn't much grinding is because it was a Heelys event. The guy you saw grinding was probably me. When did you show up? We were hitting it quite a bit for a while but you're right, it was pretty slow most of the time.

Part of the problem was that we were right next to the skaters and everyone was more interested in them.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Paul (JMC) hittin a Farfegnugen
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside at John Deere Pavilion
Gabriel hittin a Frontside
Louis hittin a Frontside
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge