Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Video Comments
Jun 30, 2006 by broox

Man, yall didn't tell me the video comments were broken. I got them fixed.

Plus, admins, i got the comments sections mostly updated so you can hide spam, flaming, and irrelevant "chatting"
Replies

Jul 3, 2006Surfaced

who the fuck is an admin?

Jul 3, 2006dunk

Me, mart, louis...

Jul 3, 2006Mart

Solid Grind is now offically 3/4 English

Jul 4, 2006Go2Crew

Broox and Mart,
I've been digging through the locker and have the "4 Fathers", "The Big O", "Clinic in a Can", and "tWo teaser" on VHS. Can't find what I did with the "One" tape. Think anyone's interested in porting these over to video for the site? Just let me know.
Steve

Jul 4, 2006Rick

If you can get those up I'd love to see them.

Jul 4, 2006Mart

You should check out http://www.soapshoes.info">Soap Shoes Online Steve, we're already doing that ;). Not sure if Dunk's got Clinic in a Can, though

Jul 4, 2006dunk

Nah, I don't think I have 4 Fathers either. Which is the one where Bryndon's dressed up as Abe Lincoln?

Jul 5, 2006Mart

I thought that was Four Fathers, myself

Jul 5, 2006Go2Crew

Right Mart, Four Fathers is the one that has Lincoln, the Bunny, etc. I saw on the Soap Shoes Online site the "One" video out-takes. Nice.

Jul 5, 2006broox

I have those vids as well. I've been meaning to rip them for this site for quite some time...

Jul 5, 2006broox

Isn't "4 fathers" also called "the big o" ???

I thought they were the same video

Jul 5, 2006Mart

I thought The Big O was the one that started off with the air raid siren and the grainy split-o logo fading into view?

Either way I've seen the one with Linclon, the bunny, Po and whatever the other one is and I'm pretty sure it's called Four Fathers. We watched all it in St Albans '03, Dunk

Jul 5, 2006Mart

Anyway, Clinic in a Can? Never even heard of that one Steve, did it preceed oNe or is it older than that?

Thinking about it, it'd probably be a good idea for both Solid Grind and http://www.soapshoes.info">Soap Shoes Online to host these vids; nothing wrong with having a mirror in case one goes down, right?

Jul 5, 2006broox

i had a little bit of clinic in a can on broox extreme. it is mostly just a super in depth look at soap shoes. how certain models are made, what materials are used, etc.

plus there is some funny commentary by chris morris. very little soaping though.

Jul 5, 2006dunk

Word... Derek is right. "4 Fathers" is "The Big O", or put it this way, Bryndon dressed as Abe and the pink bunny etc is all in the Big O. Kinda confusing...
I'll bring all the videos down to Fleet with me Mart.

Jul 5, 2006Go2Crew

Hey guys, no big deal .... I was just shifting this stuff arround here and thought I'd see if anyone was interested in filling in the gaps, if any. Derek, did you get the CDs?
Steve.

Jul 5, 2006broox

yeah, i got the cds, but i haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

my new sidekick iii comes in the mail tomorrow, so i might not get a chance to look at them for a few more days... ;-)

Jul 6, 2006AnthoFlex

Hey MArt, correct me if im wrong....You help run Soapshoes.info right? The site is really cool....props on that.....i just had a thought though, dunt u think maybe the vids would be in better quality than Quicktime? i know quicktime loads a bit faster but a lot of the Quality goes down the toilet....maybe im wrong....its just, thats what happens to me when i put a video together

Jul 6, 2006AnthoFlex

OMFG......i skipped the whole Windows Media format thing.....sorry about that....thats what i was saying it would be better in...sorry about that

Jul 6, 2006Mart

Sorry Antho, that's completely wrong. If you know what you're doing, Quicktime videos look much better than Windows Media Video files. Also, they can integrate seamlessly into any design, whereas WMV files will always have a stupid miniplayer on display if you embed a video on a web page

Jul 6, 2006Mart

Also, the quality is low to facilitate the fast loading times; a wmv would look much worse than a quicktime file of the same filesize

Jul 6, 2006AnthoFlex

Whoops, my bad dude.....

Jul 7, 2006broox

Not to get into a debate. But I've always had much better luck with the size:quality ratio in WMVs than MOVs.

Jul 7, 2006AnthoFlex

Thank you Broox for agreeing with me ^_^

Jul 9, 2006Wesker

Hey Go2Crew, im gunna port over oNe and tWo to the computer sometime later this month, i'd be happy to port over those other tapes.

Jul 10, 2006broox

as long as bryndon still has copies to sell, i'm not going to steal his shine. so they won't be posted here...

Jul 10, 2006Mart

As far as I'm aware, oNe sold out. I'd love to get my hands on a new copy of that

Jul 10, 2006Wesker

Well Bryndon posted last year on Myspace that he was making an ultimate edition for dvd and would sell it for exactly the costs of making it just for the purpose of getting the word out.

Not everyone is out for money, Derek.

I don't see how some lower rez copies of the original videos could steal any shine as the ultimate editions would boast better quality and the full copies of the originl soap shoe videos (big o, clinic in a can and such) as well as interviews with the key people involved and other random footage.

Bryndon even said that when that came out that he would encourage people to go out and make copies of the thing to hand out to friends.

For the projected 5 bucks, I am not sure why anyone would not want it, especially with all the added features.

So the whole reason is to promote, why bother leaving people in the dark.

Jul 10, 2006broox

you got my point 100% wrong. judging by the work i've put into this site and its content over the last 7 years, do you think i am against promoting? do you think i am in this for the money? please. i have dumped way more cash and work into this than i have ever expected or hoped to be rewarded for. and it has all been fun and well worth it.

so. my point was that oNe and tWo are his and he is a friend of mine. i'm not about to do anything to swipe any business from a friend, ever.

if bryndon isn't making money or worried about covering production costs, AND gives me permission to post them, of course i would - they are solid videos. i even have a lot of the raw footage from tWo at home on my computer. but while i don't have permission, i'm not going to post them.

thanks for trying to make me look like an ass though.

Jul 10, 2006AnthoFlex

Guys stop it....please.....i know this sounds stupid but ur both on the Team....you guys should be helping each other out.....stop fighting.....damn....im pretty sure you guys just took each others comments the wrong ways.....geez.....whatever happened to the Team being like Bros...?

Jul 10, 2006Mart

Dude, they're hardly fighting. Dario posted, then Derek posted. Hardly a fight man, just a discussion

Jul 10, 2006AnthoFlex

Just a thought i thought it was gonna turn into a fight....better safe than sorry dude

Jul 14, 2006Wesker

I haven't faught in a Soap shoe forum for well over 2 years.

Way to get defensive Derek. If I was trying to make you look like an ass i'd of done it with more than a single sentence.

Bryndon already gave permission on that myspace discussion saying that he just wanted to get it out there, if he decided to go back on that then I think it would be pretty messed up.

Mart's got the right idea, no one's fighting here unless Derek thinks so.

Jul 14, 2006Mart

Derek doesn't think so, I already spoke to him about this. But Dario your tone did imply that Derek was trying to stem any promotion on the grounds of profitable gain. And from his point of view, you distributing copies of Bryndon's work doesn't sit right with him since he's good friends with Bryndon (we'll overlook the fact that you had permission, since Derek didn't know about that). Also, free low-res copies, to most people, would be more appealing than a high-res DVD; take the mp3 vs CD scenario for a direct comparison.

And really, you didn't have to reel off six paragraphs about it when Derek only typed a sentence. Not trying to stir things up here, but it was a bit unnecessary

Jul 14, 2006Wesker

I figured Derek already knew considering Bryndon posted it in the same thread that Derek had been posting in on MySpace.

As for the free low-res over the high-res DVD. The DVD is supposed to have way more footage than the VHS but if your comparison holds true and what Bryndon says is true (That he would want people to copy it and distribute it) then I have no problem once again buying a copy and uploading it online for the masses considering no profit is meant to be gained from this.

As for reeling off six paragraphs, on forums I tend to type more and explain things as much as I can when it's on something that might be understood or need further explaining.

Maybe unnecessary, but it helps other people out with replies.

Jul 14, 2006AnthoFlex

I guess this was my fault too.....i apologize to both sides....ma fault dudes

Jul 14, 2006Go2Crew

Mea culpa! My apologies also, if my comments kept this tread alive. I was only trying to be helpful on the old videos.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
mark hittin a frontside at work
Louis Selby busting a frontside 'nugen during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich.
Jordan Muck hittin a Backslide at Canton
Louis Selby styling out a tweaked UFO for the cameras during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf