Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soap Demand Isn't As Low as It Appears
Apr 18, 2006 by Surfaced

I was just taking a browse through eBay this evening, and I found two pairs of Scabs... both size 12.

On eBay for about the past 3 years, Soap shoes sick at less than $25 even after their end. Well, this should not decieve anyone.

The thing is, these shoes are usually size 6... maybe a 7 or occasionaly an 8. With these two pairs of Scabs, even though they had discoloration, both pairs went for over $70 shipped.

What this means is that Soaps are more popular than we may think... I actually tried to snag the Moss Scabs for $71 at the last second, but I was too late. There was 20-some bids on both.

Ah, so to those of you who already have your Soap shoes, keep spreading the word, and keep grinding in those populated areas.
Replies

Apr 20, 2006AnthoFlex

I agree dude....Fuking completely lmao

Apr 20, 2006Wesker

Yeah, definately those with a size 9 and above are the major Soap shoe enthusiasts.

HSL is too used to marketing Heely's to kids that they don't realize who really want Soap's (i.e.- Abundance of size 1-6 shoes and even size 1-6 specific model colors)

Apr 20, 2006Louis

Its so bloody annoying. Over here in the UK heelys appear to be doing fairly well, seeing as theyre stocked in alot of highstreet stores, and also alot of skate/blade shops (minus the real independant skateboarding shops). I've seen quite a few places in london displaying heelys on a stand in the front window, but i never seem to see the ones with grindplates. Why cant HSL just send these shops are bunch of old stock soapshoes as well?! I'm prepared to bet that for every few pairs of heelys some little kid buys theyd also sell a pair of soapshoes.

Apr 21, 2006Wesker

Like I said, HSL is too focused on Heelys (I've begun to think that the reason HSL bought Soap's was so that they could use the grind plate technology without any lawsuits or copywrite infringement) to promote Soap shoes properly.

They've made a lot of mistakes, and now when they're ready to try and fix things, they want to do it without spending any money.

The best thing we can do as Soapers is to continue to support the product anyway we can (Just as we have since '97) by telling people about it and trying to get them into it.

Another good way is to email Soap shoes and ask them whats up. Just asking "Where can I get Soap shoes?", is enough to show them that there is a demand for Soap shoes.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dude sliding a rail on the Soap Van at the Summer Slam demo
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Sliding a pink handrail
Thomas Lay's drawing of a sidewalk
Stefan D hittin a phat farfenugen