Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
SOAPing for starters
Jan 22, 2010 by Tedd

If any of you ate interested in SOAPing and are an absolute noob at it, fear not! There are two links I can give to you for this occasion.

First is the grinding shoes. Without the shoes, you can't grind. And what's SOAPing without grinding on shoes? Right. Walking. LAME. What? Don't have SOAPs yet? Don't want to ruin your new SOAPs (yet)? Fear not! For this link will give you a tutorial on how to make your very own homemade SOAP shoes, granted you have a pair of shoes you're willing to.. Ahem, dissect. The materials are easily obtainable at any hardware store or maybe even Wal-Mart!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Soap-Shoesmake-your-own/

Now for the second link. This allows you to grind and practice safely (for the most part) and in combination with your homemade SOAPs, you can practice without fear! It's grinding on a short pipe build with either PVC or and actual metal pipe on planks of wood that you can set on the soft grass (if you have it) so injury is minimal (hopefully). Again the materials are easily obtainable at a hardware store or Wal-Mart or what have you.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Grind-rail/

With this, you can practice for when you get your own shoes, or if you can't get any, then you have some of your very own homemade ones! Best of luck to all of you!
Replies

Jan 23, 2010CheElmo

Sweet! Thanks for the links. The rails in the UK suck, as they have "joints" every 2-5 feet of pole. And I'm failing using corners of small walls and curbs. I keep stepping instead of sliding.

Jan 23, 2010Tedd

Yeah. That would ruin a SOAP session if all you had were tiny spaces for grinding then joints. If you had the skills and access to welding equip., then you could make your own grind park/tricked out training area. Bends and downhills and all.

Jan 23, 2010Brad

I've seen these before, but never bothered making them. I might get around to making that practice rail though.

Jan 23, 2010CheElmo

Unfortunately I don't have the skills nor the equipment to build a full metal grind rail. However, I have access to woodwork equipment. I could make grindable "joints" to keep a metal pole steady when grinding.

Jan 23, 2010Wesker

I've seen these build your own Soap shoes tutorial before, thanks for reminding me- now I have a fun project for the weekend.

Jan 23, 2010Tedd

Good to see this thread getting some attention. I might have to do this myself if I wanna try grinding before I use my new SOAPs. Should be interesting with all the snow outside and such. Heh.

Jan 24, 2010Brad

Man, you're lucky you have snow. All we have is rain. Day in and day out.

Jan 24, 2010Tedd

It's mostly gone now though. Bits here and there. That's about all.

Jan 24, 2010Brad

Jan 24, 2010Brad

Goddamn it.

Yeah. I still wanna go snow soaping though.

Jan 25, 2010sylonbroadsides

deeeeewd! haha I gotta try this.

Jan 25, 2010Tedd

Ghetto SOAP shoes ftw. Anyway, mine should be coming in soon hopefully. Most likely today or tomorrow. Either way I can't pick them up until tomorrow since I won't be home soon enough to go to the post office. I work until 10 today. x.x

ted: YIKES!!

P.S. Welcome back bro!!!!!

dude I'm definitely making a pair of these to tear up haha

Jan 26, 2010sylonbroadsides

bump

Jan 27, 2010Tedd

Yup, they are pretty good instructions if I may say so. I'm most likely gonna make my own, but I need to find suitable shoes. Unlikely, but I have a pair I MIGHT be able to use.

Jan 27, 2010sylonbroadsides

chyeah dude, try getting a pair of sketchers or something.

Feb 1, 2010sylonbroadsides

bump

Mar 16, 2010Timuukun

Bump.

Mar 18, 2010Wesker

Bump
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
If you own a pair of Soaps, you've seen this Sticker
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Darren McCall hittin a Backslide
Bryndon with a frontside (about to jump from rail 1 to rail 2).
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside at John Deere Pavilion