Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Grooves in your soap shoes
Dec 13, 2009 by sylonbroadsides

OK guys, heres a general summary about putting grooves in your soap shoes.

You want your grooves to be mostly on the site of your grind plates, so it will be easier to do UFOs, royales, farfs, unites, all those cool tricks.

You also want to get it going into the rubber of your shoe, this will allow you to "break" and have a lot more control of your grind.

This is the way team relate has done it for years, Ryan Armstrong from team soap told me all about it, and he gave me some pictures to put up, which I will soon.

As for where to grind on to put some grooves in your plates, he said that he actually just started rubbing his grind plate on unpainted curbs. He said "the rockier, the better".

However, you can also use ledges to make some groves. Whatever you guys want to do is fine.

Keep sliding!
Replies

Dec 13, 2009Brad

I always knew you needed grooves for your plates, I just always figured you should do it on a practice rail or something. So the rockier the better huh? Those are the sorts of ledges I've always been avoiding. Alright, I gotta go now, I got some unfinished business with a rail that I just cant seem to land.

Dec 13, 2009sylonbroadsides

yeah you don't need to grind on them though, Ryan just went back and forth with is grind plate against it to get inside grooves haha

Dec 14, 2009Brad

Lmao, sounds good. I haven't had a chance to go out soaping yet though, so I'll try and get that done. I REALLY want to finish that rail.

Dec 16, 2009sylonbroadsides

I'm still looking for ryan's photo, I'll upload it soon.

Dec 16, 2009Brad

Sounds good.

Dec 22, 2009sylonbroadsides

bump bump

Dec 22, 2009Revengasaur

I like the "slide everywhere and die" feeling of new plates, but wouldn't love it if they stayed that way forever...

Dec 23, 2009Timuukun

I'm in the middle of that feeling right now. It's scary as hell...but still, lots of fun!

Dec 27, 2009Timuukun

bump

Dec 31, 2009sylonbroadsides

Bump

Jan 13, 2010sylonbroadsides

bump

Jan 14, 2010Brad

Let's just hope this page stays up long enough to get some new views.

Jan 26, 2010sylonbroadsides

bump

Mar 4, 2010Brad

bump just cause.

Mar 4, 2010Brad

bump

Mar 5, 2010Wesker

bump

Mar 10, 2010Wesker

bump
Login or sign up to reply
Username