Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Montage of Xtreme Wheels Soap Demo 1 Finally Released
Feb 27, 2009 by AnthoFlex

For a while I thought this video was gone from my computer. I had made it a month before the second Soapshoes demo at Xtreme Wheels Skatepark (9/20/08). Today I was looking through some old files and videos to update my website when I came across my lost gem.

This is a montage of the 1st XW Soap demo that took place on March 2nd, 2008. The video had a twist at the end to tease for the upcoming (at the time) 2nd XW Soap demo. It was supposed to catch you off guard like "There's gonna be a second one?!" I’ve always had this saying “The best is yet to come”, and the montage was my way of showing it.

I want to apologize sincerely to everyone for this. Why is that? Many reasons...First off, I didn't upload it when I should have. There was one thing in particular that I could not just get into the video, and it bugged me to hell. And then out of nowhere, the video was thought to be lost forever, in the darkness that is my computer's hardrive.

Secondly, I've thrown 3 successful soap demos and a 4th is on the way, and two of them were MASSIVE and went beyond everyone's expectations...yet, where's the footage? I'm sure by now everyone has seen the news footage from the first XW demo....But I feel it doesn't 100% show the atmosphere, the energy, the love, excitement, the very heart and soul of the actual “Demo”. No one actually knows except those who attended really know what happened at these demos. They don’t know about the exposure, the excitement, the hard work that was paying off right in front of their eyes…Why is that? Because whoever has footage hasn’t released it, or can’t release it…I know it might not seem like a big deal to anyone, but I personally take it very hard. I feel like I’ve let people down. And this is not to mention the footage from the SECOND XW demo that hasn’t been released yet, which completely outdid the first demo.

As you watch the video, take note of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Not just the insane soaping/soapers and tricks, but the environment, the people in the background who stare in awe, the crowds of people gathering around to see the action, and the new generation of soapers being born right in front of our eyes. Take note of brotherhood.

If it does not show up in the browser, add “fmt=18” at the end of the URL to add High Quality to the video. It frame skips in low quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNuGrKD5aTs&;fmt=18

Enjoy it, because the best is yet to come, and you can bet it’s going to be big.
Replies

Feb 28, 2009Revengasaur

Epic.

Feb 28, 2009AnthoFlex

I have eased some of my regrets....Theres more i need to release, not only demo related in the near future

Mar 2, 2009Wesker

Cool, good to see a video from that.

Mar 2, 2009AnthoFlex

Good to hear from you bro. Whatcha been up to?

Mar 2, 2009Wesker

You know me man. Always keeping busy with work. Hoping to slow down a little soon.

Mar 2, 2009AnthoFlex

Spring time soaping, expect to hear from me soon bro. Simeone and the rest of NYC needs to be hit once again

Mar 2, 2009Altman

You planning on doing some spring sessions without me? I'm gonna go kill myself. XD But seriously, ever since going back to the Temple on New Years Eve....Eve I've been aching for some more city spots.

Mar 2, 2009AnthoFlex

First things first, I need a camera thats Renny proof....I need to catch up on a lot of things. There's too many things soap-related in my life that I have put off for too long

Mar 3, 2009Altman

Word, especially seeing what happened to your old camera.

Mar 4, 2009Joshua3109

I liked the video good job man but theirs one thing I didn't like about it.. The music didn't really seem to fit it..

Mar 4, 2009AnthoFlex

It's supposed to be symbolic, but whatever

Mar 5, 2009Joshua3109

Aha, no im just trying to leave some critical feedback so your next video can be perfect. Oh and bump

Mar 7, 2009Joshua3109

uup

Mar 7, 2009Louis

up and over ; )

Also, thanks for bumping up all the topics dude. I see you bumped the important ones, thats a good thing. I wanted to stay away from doing so myself because i didn't know what people would want to see

Mar 7, 2009AnthoFlex

I wanted to bump : [

Mar 7, 2009Joshua3109

Ahah thanks dude and sorry Antho, not everyone can be cool and bump the topics up =D
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge
LixF hittin a fresh track grind
Jordan Muck hittin a Backslide at Canton
Dude sliding a rail on the Soap Van at the Summer Slam demo
Derek Brooks hittin a Makio across the newspaper stand