Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Times sure have changed
Jan 27, 2009 by rhinoskater30

Soap is practically a memory now. But I remember when I first tried Soaps at the SoapMobile haha. Damn. I wish things were how they used to be. *sigh*.
This site seems so unlively (is that a word?) now.
I sure miss things :\

What about ya'll??
Replies

Jan 27, 2009Revengasaur

Yeah... pretty weak.

I broke my toe skating so I haven't been able to soap either.

It sucks because I don't want to destroy the soaps that I have for fear of not getting more.

Jan 27, 2009Kooksoaper13

I never even got the chance to soap and the sport thing is almost dead. NOOOOOOO!!

Jan 27, 2009Spano565

I still got my ords and express and luckily both are in great condition.....
All i have to do now is get laces for my express and then i need some wax after those two small problems i'll be set on soaping this small town of mine as long as i can and you know what i learned with my whole experience with soaping is that you do it cuz you love to and if you happen to see some handicap rail on your way home from school well then you slide the thing an from there you can do whatever you want.What i love about soaping is that if i hav my soaps on and maybe a small bar of wax and i'm set......virtually anywhere i go i can find somewhere to soap if i have 3 things my soaps,wax, snd a pair of balls lol.

But seriously if we really love to soap we can find somehow to make our own soaps if things truly are that bad or what some people have done is take a high arch running shoe, and Renny...... don't you know how to make plates?? Get the idea.....

Jan 27, 2009Spano565

And Revengasaur, would you rather remember having fun on say your last pair of soaps,or being overly conservative and not use your soaps to the fullest? But i understand your problem, and personally know how tough it is to decide what to do.

Jan 28, 2009Altman

Yeesh, almost a memory? The hell kind of talk is that. Go buy a pair of Heelys if that's your attitude. It's only a memory if you just sit there and not do anything. Go grind some rails and tell me otherwise that Soaping's just a memory. Soap shoes started underground and they will remain underground. A mighty wave is coming, you're all just to near-sighted to see it.

Jan 28, 2009AnthoFlex

Very well put.

Most people are unaware that soaping started underground, and always will remain underground.

Heelys just gave it a turn for the worst

Jan 28, 2009Wesker

Soaps has gone through this before, in the first dip there was a long period where their main site didnt' even exsist anymore.

Gotta realize this shit's been goin' on since '97. You can't stop it.

Jan 28, 2009azerate218

I hear you brothers...

Jan 28, 2009Revengasaur

I'm sure when my toe heals up I'll be grinding again, it's just hard being conservative with my soaps. I also forget that the reason my first pair of express are as destroyed as they are is from learning and making mistakes. I hope you guys are right... you give me hope for a soapy future.

Jan 28, 2009jackswhack

at least the guy posted something, doesn't seem like much has been going on here.

Jan 28, 2009Kooksoaper13

I will at least be able to keep the "memory" alive, because I now have some soaps! YAY!

Jan 28, 2009AnthoFlex

Like i said before, nothing happens on here like they used to.

But everyone who used to post here alot (myself included) still takes a look often.

Theres just really nothing to say

Also, Dario brought up another good point.

Its been around since 1997 and its still going strong. It doesnt seem that way with the way HSL is running shit. But its the consumer, the fans, and the users that count.

Without us, there is no Soap

Jan 28, 2009Kooksoaper13

Well said Antho

Jan 30, 2009xJeremiahx

What's up guys! I still soap as much as I can although I skate much more than I soap. As long as I have a pair of soaps I will keep going.

It does seem to be dead around here and in the soap world. Unfortunately HSL is also feeling the hurt of our crappy economy so I don't blame them to much for stopping production. I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I check here just about every other day unfortunately there isn't much to talk about these days.

Feb 3, 2009matrix8967

I agree with antho and dario. if soaps where going to 'die' it would have happened waaaay before now, and we'd all be on some other forum going "hey, remember soaps?"

Feb 9, 2009Joshua3109

im lucky I ordered a second pair of Expresses before my first pair gave out. Its too bad all of this is happening, maybe someday they will come back. Only time can tell..

Feb 12, 2009Revengasaur

My toe is feeling pretty much healed up... I think I'll go soaping today... There's a couple rails I've been meaning to hit.

;)

Feb 15, 2009DG

Well hay, we all tried our best, Soap had a good run and while im not saying its good, what goes up must come down, maybe some day they will strike up again and be amazing, who knows.

Feb 15, 2009NagoyaFox

If Soap belongs to heelys then is Soaps really dead? True, Soaps are not in its truest form but in an essence it still alive. perhapes if we pestered the Heely's company about it then maybe they would focus more on the Grind aspect...

Feb 15, 2009AnthoFlex

doing that pisses them off

Feb 16, 2009NagoyaFox

I think its a shame that Heelys is trying to kill Soaps. So then there is nothing that can be done? Maybe its not so much as a shame as it is lame.

Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Taraboletti sliding a square kinked rail at Drake University
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Dillon Morris hittin a Frontside
Zach Larson hittin a Royale