Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
"Royaling"
May 11, 2008 by MiTcH1337

I have trouble doing royales. I can't seem to keep my feet tweaked backwards, its far too slippery, and i end up sliding off. Do i need to create a groove in it to work better?
Replies

May 11, 2008wyattpeterson

yea, it makes it easier and u can tweak better

May 11, 2008MiTcH1337

Where should i make the groove and how big?

Should i make it by cutting the plate?
Rubbing it with stone?
Rubbing it against the rail constantly?

May 11, 2008Joshua3109

be carefull about rubbing it off things to make a groove, you may mess up your plate

May 11, 2008sam

Just keep using your plates on stone ledges, etc.

May 11, 2008Spano565

Yo, anybody remember that thread where broox posts on how to get master grooves in your plates.He had great info about that.If you can't find the thread, then yeah just grind some stone /concrete ledges for a bit. - Joe

May 12, 2008MiTcH1337

If anyone could find this, itd be great.

May 12, 2008sam

method 1: the first time i did it, i found a peace of "dragon skin" it's this super super rough metal "sandpaper" with 1 sticky side. i wrapped the dragon skin around 2" rail (most rails are 1.5" so i wanted it to be a little wider). then i just rubbed my shoe across it in both ufo and royale positions until it was down far enough.

method 2: just find a really rough ledge and do the same thing.

^ dereks post

If you want i can take pics of what REAL grooves are supposed to look like.

May 12, 2008MiTcH1337

Yeah thad be great!

Ill do this to my Expresses as ill be using them for ledges, and my Vectors for hand rails.

May 12, 2008sam

You'll probably want to get good grooves in your vectors as well if you want to be hitting up hand rails with them.

May 12, 2008MiTcH1337

Ill wanna be positive i made the grooves correctly though

May 12, 2008sam

The only way to be positive you made your grooves correctly is by grinding as you normally would on a rough surface.

May 12, 2008MiTcH1337

Ahh ok.

Could i please get a picture?

May 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Royale a lot on rocky ledges. Grooves in your plate should look like giant bites taken out of your plate.

Remember, the more fucked up your plate is, the better its going to perform

May 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Also, theres no such thing as a "correct" groove.

The only "correct" groove would be the one that fits your grinding style perfectly.

Most people go for the groove that goes directly down the center of the plate and up the center of the sides. This won't benefit you if you don't tweak directly down the center.

Like me, if you look at my right shoe, the outside edges have grooves that slant to the left. Those benefit my natural grinding more than straight center grooves
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Cheese Grater
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at WIU
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Sidewalk
Darren McCall hittin a Backslide