Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Replies

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

Im most likely going to need to wax it good eh?

May 1, 2008Sakkage

Doooo it! (Wear a helmet!)

May 1, 2008Spano565

You won't need wax for that.The express grind fantastic on wood.If you do wax it you could slip out easily if you don't have good control.If you wanna do just go for it you could just bail on the grass it's not like it's a high drop or anything.Go for it but pr actice a little bit more on your prail first if you don't think your ready.

May 1, 2008Spano565

Post a vid. in the media section if you go for it.

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

Its not the hardest wood though, its kinda soft. It doesn't seem like the quickest sliding, ill wax it up a little. No video until Im good XD.

Might put a timer on the camera and take a pic.

May 1, 2008Spano565

Ok good luck to ya man, but really dude i'm telling you it dosen't need waxing it should work very well with out waxing it.And the wood on my house is "soft" wood so i know what ya mean.The reason i'm saying this is that you just started soaping and have practiced on a slanted pr or is that fanticfred i forgot, anyway what i'm saying is you have a very high chance of slipping out that's all.But it's your decision if you want to by all means do so and you don't have to post a pic, you could post a vid. trust me we won't laugh.If anything at all we'll help you that's what were here to do soap, and help guys out who want/need it.

May 1, 2008Kain

I'd go for it

even if you bail, it's short.

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

Thanks Spano. And Yeah both me and franticfred started on slanted PRs. Though I had mine in many different spots and angles, etc.

Ive havn't yet cured my "pussiness", but im working my way up to it. I decided to go for my smaller Pool (6 step) rail. Still wood. I started at the 3 step, basically landing on my backfoot and sliding off to get the feel of it. I then went up to the 4th step and did the same, and after a couple slides was able to put my front foot on. The only problem was I get nervous as I tend to lean forward too much?
(Pool Stairs: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/mitchman454/SOAPs/6.jpg )

Ive yet to jump from the top onto it yet, as it was starting to rain.

However, on the way in i went over to the deck stairs from the 4th step and grinded down it.

Ill soon be grinding both from the top :)

May 1, 2008Spano565

Cool man, but next time try to time th photo a little better but i know what you mean.Was i right that you didn't even need wax.What town do you live in and is it south Jersey.

May 1, 2008Spano565

*in

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

Nah i live in Wallkill, like an hour noth of the city.

However I am going to Howell NJ for a BMX Race in a few weeks. Not sure if your near there.

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

And that photo wasnt supposed to be of me, i was showing the stairs.

May 1, 2008AnthoFlex

I think you'll have to grind it like a ledge.

Also, lightly wax it so your folks dont kill you when it starts to deform from hitting it.

Also, where you live at? I wanna hit that :p

May 1, 2008Spano565

So what state is wallkill in Pa?And i'm in north Jersey, so i can't get a ride at the moment.And was a right did you not need to wax it?

May 1, 2008Spano565

Eehh.. a few grinds on it won't hurt the wood any, but of course if your gonna grind it reguarley then wax it.

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

I needed a little wax, i didnt want to risk not waxing it.

And Wallkill is in NY.

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

Besides, that pool deck is a piece of crap.

May 1, 2008Spano565

Are you up state ny.

May 1, 2008Spano565

It looked new to me... wow

May 1, 2008MiTcH1337

Nope, 2 hrs. south of Albany. I go upstate to go snowmobiling though.

The deck is new, however the pool deck is crap.

May 4, 2008wyattpeterson

the only response i can say is "NO PAIN NO GAIN"
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Loren dalla betta hittin a UFO on handrail
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Bryndon with a royale on some bleachers
Anthony Soto hittin a Frontside
Carter Bair soaping for the first time