Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Question
Apr 16, 2008 by Franticfred

How are the express with like weather damage? like how does snow and water after the plates and what not cause i live in Minnesota so ya haha
Replies

Apr 16, 2008Joshua3109

well i have my expresses on right now and i have had them since the summer and they are mostly beat up from walking through rocky trails and such so DO NOT walk over rough terrain with them it really messes with the leather and grindplate. Weather dosent really bother them though from my experiences, but dont go soaking them in water for hours a day or they Will die haha

Apr 16, 2008AnthoFlex

Like i've stated many times before, these shoes are meant to take a beating. They'll last you an extremely LONG time. So do what you wanna do in them

Apr 16, 2008Franticfred

aight thanks guys.. much appreciated

Apr 16, 2008Franticfred

one more thing so does that mean if i soap in the rain or when its wet out i'm only endangering myself and not the shoes right?

Apr 16, 2008Joshua3109

well, consider this, you wax a rail, curb, edge etc before you grind it right? You want there to be as little friction as possible between your plateds and the surface theyre sliding over. So I would think you would be safe in the rain as it would be another form of wax in a way

Apr 16, 2008Franticfred

thats true well thanks for the helps guys i really appreciate it and also is it better to have the shoe tighter or looser? or is that just prefernce?

Apr 16, 2008blakeashake

what ever feels good to you. and i dont soap in the rain cuz you can slip and bust your ass.

Apr 16, 2008wyattpeterson

dude I live in illinois and the weather is horrible .... as for snow check out my video at youtube.com/lambbone24 most of my clips are in snow LOL mine are still holding up great

Apr 16, 2008Franticfred

haha dude i was watching you in sociology about an hour ago before you just said that

Apr 16, 2008xJeremiahx

This last winter I had to walk 3 miles in the snow while wearing my express. They kept my feet quite warm.

Apr 17, 2008matrix8967

i live in arkansas...if you want to talk bad weather, i'll fill you in...in fact, i'll post pics when i get home.

my express have gone through ankle deep mud, water, snow, hot asphault, you name it. it's been 2 years, and i'm just now thinking of getting new ones...

Apr 17, 2008AnthoFlex

I've had my original black express for 2 1/2 years now....and i'm still not considering getting new ones

Apr 17, 2008matrix8967

oops, missed one.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/IMG_0179.jpg

just fyi, this is my driveway...this happens when it rains...

Apr 18, 2008Joshua3109

hahahaha that is hardcore man, thats fuc*in hardcore (are we allowed to curse on this? :S )

Apr 18, 2008blakeashake

looks more like sum1 went mudding lmao

Apr 18, 2008matrix8967

yeah, that was almost a wreck because it threw me around so hard...@_@
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Long Handrail
Trevor G hittin a Front Side
Chris Corrado hittin a Steep Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Aaron MacDonald hittin a Frontside