Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
New girl coming in!
Apr 15, 2008 by Kingyo

Hey guys, my name is Stephanie and I recently gained an interest in shoe grinding. I guess my life is just a bore and I want to try something new.

Although does anyone know where I can order Express SOAP shoes from a trustworthy online store and that can ship to Canada? Thanks!
Replies

Apr 15, 2008Joshua3109

www.sssoapshop.com

Apr 15, 2008Joshua3109

Welcome to solidgrind by the way. Im also from Canada so ya Canadians rule! haha

Apr 15, 2008MiTcH1337

SSsoapshoes.com

I ordered mine from their. Very fast delivery.

Welcome to Solid Grind by the way.

Apr 15, 2008DarkVermillion

If you need any help with tricks you can ask me, I've done it for about a year, so if you have any questions on tricks just mail me on myspace.
My address is WWW.Myspace.com/Darkvermillion.
Good luck with you soaping. :]

Apr 15, 2008xJeremiahx

Welcome! We definitely need more female soapers.

SSsoapshop is the place fore sure. The express is a great shoe and the price is cheap compared to what I remember them going for back in the day.

Apr 15, 2008wyattpeterson

SSSoapShop.com i just got a pair of white expresses and some shirts

youtube.com/lambbone24

Apr 15, 2008Kingyo

Woah! Thank you dudes! It feels nice to be appreciated and thank you for all the help and info.

Unfortunately I have to wait for my next paycheck until I can order myself some SOAPs.

Another question, which SOAP model do you guys recommend for a beginner?

Apr 15, 2008MiTcH1337

Im still a beginner, And I use the express. They work great. Id start off on small round rails, just normal frontsides.

Apr 15, 2008xJeremiahx

Even for more experienced soapers the express are great. Currently the express is the only model available unless you look on ebay.

P.S. your profile says you are 25. finally I'm not the only "old" person here. haha

Apr 15, 2008matrix8967

Nice to see a girl here. except I know more girls in my town who like soaping than guys @_@

I even got the German foriegn exchange student to soap. :P her and I are going out for a session sometime soon, i'll post pics.

Apr 15, 2008Kingyo

Mitch: Thanks for the answer, the Express looks sweet, I fell in love with the black ones. As for starting, I had no doubt I have to start small to improve balance and get the feel of grinding.

Jeremiah: Age is only a friggin number! ;) Youth is in the heart.

Matrix: I have never seen SOAPers in my area. =( I am sure they are around I just havent looked hard enough yet.

Apr 15, 2008xJeremiahx

PVC pipe is great to start off with.

Apr 15, 2008matrix8967

i taught all the girls how to soap :P

yeah, what state do you live in? I'm sure there are some guys here that would love to come soap with you.

Apr 15, 2008Kingyo

I'm from Canada, Quebec. I live in Montreal city, which I am sure there are some nice spots to SOAP. =)

DarkVermillion: I am known as AiKingyo on MySpace, feel free to add me if you want.

Apr 15, 2008Kain

it doesn't really matter what style you get.....they're all good. Every style is good for beginners :)

Apr 16, 2008rhinoskater30

Just don't get Heelys with the grindplates. I don't know of any Canadian sites with Soaps, but definately the "soapshop."

I love the black, too. HEY! That's something we both have in common...hmmm...

By the way, how did you get intrested in/find out about Soaping?

Apr 16, 2008Kingyo

Well... it's a bit embarassing to say but... I am a big gamer and love Sonic the Hedgehog. His shoe grinding made me wonder if the actual sport and shoes were real.

Then I got on Youtube and found videos of actual grinding and it seems rather fun and challenging. Of course I also saw the painful falls but, as they say "no pain, no gain". Besides, I did fall on my butt many times when I used to rollerskates. A little pain should toughen me up a bit.

I really want to try out a new sport and make my outdoor walks let's say... entertaining. =)

Apr 16, 2008Kain

lol.....

well, I'd suggest a helmet when you're learning, b/c the falls are WAY worse than just trying to go forward on roller skates.

Apr 16, 2008Kingyo

Sure no problem, I have a good old bike helmet I can use and knee pads too. =)

Apr 16, 2008AnthoFlex

i never used a helmet soaping

Apr 16, 2008Joshua3109

Same here, your best off wearing shin pads if anything actually haha

Apr 16, 2008AnthoFlex

Although i've never used or had one, i would recommend using a nut pad (i dunno if thats the correct term) if ur a dude thats gonna go hit some really high handrails

Apr 16, 2008Kingyo

Any shinpads for girls?

Antho: I aint a dude but a dudette my friend. =) Although getting hit in between is painful for us girls too... trust me, it happened to me once... excrutiating!

Apr 16, 2008xJeremiahx

I would recommend some soccer shin guards and wrist guards. Maybe ankle supports if you have bad ankles like me.

Apr 16, 2008Kingyo

Jeremiah: Yeah ankle support is on my list... I have a bad left ankle since I twisted it so many times.

Apr 16, 2008blakeashake

well be careful loading up on pads because it can make it harder to move around and could throw you off when you try and grind stuff.

Apr 17, 2008Kingyo

I think I'll just go with ankle supports and something for the shin, that is if I can find something. Besides, I wont be jumping onto the highest rail anytime soon. I'm gonna start mostly on low rails and benches. =)

Apr 17, 2008SapAuthor

*hands Kingyo* you may have to start beating off the guys with a stick pretty soon. It's not often we get a female around here, lol, i think they are starting to swarm you.

Apr 17, 2008SapAuthor

*hands Kingyo a stick* you may have to start beating off the guys with a stick pretty soon. It's not often we get a female around here, lol, i think they are starting to swarm you.

Apr 17, 2008Kingyo

Haha! Thanks Sap! Maybe I should sharpen the stick real pointy so I can stab those who get too close...

...just kidding! =P

Nah alot of you guys are trying to help me with advices since I am a total newb. I am very grateful!

Apr 17, 2008Altman

Welcome about the USS Homestar Ru-...I mean nice to meet you Kingyo. I'd suggest you pay close attention to Trevor's(SaP) advice. Soaping girls tend to get the guys here riled up some. Anyway, can't wait to see what you can do.

Apr 17, 2008iwantsoapshoes

Not related 2 post...

Im sorry Americans, but the "soccer" you all know is actually "football". And the "football" you know is "rugby, but with steroid-using faggots who are too pussy to play without helmets and shoulder guards(aka Tom Brady)"

We came up with them, stop changin' the names!

Apr 17, 2008misterterse94

lol tru. hey kingyo, im new, too! just ordered my soaps from sssoapshop.com. lol 2 bad ur in canada, is anyone here from new york? well anyways, i just wanna say welcome, and that i hope you enjoy soaping. (PS- i found out about soaps thru sonic, too! Sonic is awesome)

Apr 17, 2008blakeashake

where in new york are you?

Apr 17, 2008xJeremiahx

I am really surprised that there aren't more soapers here in southern california.

manhattan upper part. im usually down in 59th when i go skating(not soaping). skatings gotten kind of boring for me. (well evr since a bus ran over my board, and my expencive bearings shattered) im still waiting for my soaps. the david dude in sss is at a meating is coming back this weekend, so thats when they START shipping. we'll have to see when they come.

lol i said 'meating.' meant meeting

Apr 17, 2008Kain

SapAuthor,
if that's really the reason everyone's paying so much attention to Kingyo.......that really says something about their love lives

XD

Apr 18, 2008Kingyo

Kain: That's funny but to let everyone know, I am a taken girl.

Misterterse: I am from Quebec which is above New York. New York is about a 6-8 hours drive from my city.

Apr 18, 2008Hattmac02

srry too late comment but welcome

Apr 18, 2008anaholaboys

if i had heelys
id prolly jag off everyday
lulz

Apr 18, 2008anaholaboys

to ghey pr0nz

LAWLZ

Apr 18, 2008Kingyo

I have a few more questions that I have been meaning to ask.

First one is about shoe size. Usually my shoe size varies depending on shoe model but I usually wear woman size 9, sometimes 9 1/2. So if I order myself a pair of SOAPs, should I get a men size 8?

Second question about shipping. Is Priority Mail that costs 12$ can apply for Canada? I am asking because Priority Mail International (35$) pretty much is gonna burn a big ass hole in my wallet.

Apr 18, 2008sam

If your a 9 or 9 1/2 you should go with an 8. On the shipping, i think that may depend on where you live in canada. Not too sure though.

Apr 18, 2008Kingyo

I am from the Province of Quebec, Montreal city if that can help any. =)

Apr 18, 2008SapAuthor

the 35$ was an estimate to the UK. You do need to use priority mail international, but on USPS it only showed like 20$ shipping, so go through the process and it will auto-find the shipping costs based on the shoe weight that it has entered in the system ;)

If you are a 9 1/2, i would round up to a 10 women's which is a size 9 mens. I would not go to a size 8 because that would be a size 9 womens, but that seems to be a snug fit. If the shoe is too small, you have to pay shipping back to return it, so it's always safer to go larger than smaller, i'm a 13 but easily fit a 14, but can't fit a 12, ya know? I know it's the next step up in price, but i would pay the bit more for comfert, ya know?

Apr 18, 2008sam

thats what i was thinking, but when i looked on your website it says:

For Women:
Size down by 1. If you are a Womens 7, size down into a 6. If you are a 7 1/2, size down into a 6 as well. We've found that this works best.

Apr 18, 2008Kingyo

Sap, thanks for the info man. =)

As for the shoe sizing, I think I will go to a shoe store and try out men's running shoe to find out if I am better off ordering an 8 or a bigger size. Now I just need to find the free time...

Apr 18, 2008Franticfred

so if i'm a size 11 in mens i should size up to a twelve? like i'm comfy in an 11

Apr 18, 2008wyattpeterson

no you should get the same size "11" because i wear a size 10 running shoe or skateboard shoe and weara size 10 soaps

Apr 18, 2008Franticfred

aight thanks bro

and for the pads i suggest you only wear shin pads and possibly knee pads from my experiences :P

Apr 18, 2008Franticfred

nah pads arent for me besides pain is a great teacher haha i realize how ignorant and cocky that sounds but ya i'll live haha thanks for the advice though

that statement was more to Kingyo but its straight lol

Apr 18, 2008Franticfred

hahaha good call i thought about that after i had hit the comment button haha

Apr 18, 2008Kingyo

Even though that pads do not maximize safety, I will wear a few (mainly the shin and knees) along with ankle supports (I have clumsy ankles...) to minimize as much fatal injuries as I can. Thanks Wyatt. =)

fred i added you on myspace so add me!

oh and kingyo whats your myspace url

Apr 19, 2008Kingyo

I added you guys, thank you. Another question... I have read that some of you use wax on rails at times to grind better. Just where do you get the wax? Can you find it in any store or is it special wax made for SOAPs?

Apr 19, 2008sam

You can generally pick up wax from just about any skate shop, use a candle, or you can buy some wax off of me. :D

Apr 19, 2008xJeremiahx

Most candles will work well. Wax will definitely be your friend while you soap. I've been using candles while skateboarding and soaping for years now.

I hear Sam's wax is good.

I just picked up some "gulf Wax" but I haven't tried it yet.

Apr 19, 2008anaholaboys

sam's wax is the best
trust me.

Apr 19, 2008blakeashake

i like gulf wax.

Apr 19, 2008wyattpeterson

yea gulf wax is as good as sam's wax
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City