Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Because of Kain...
Feb 5, 2008 by rhinoskater30

Why do Heelys seem so sissy to you?

Why is Heeling when you're 20 year old and up, not cute?

Why is Soaping, well, better?

(Just to take the heat out of the Express column.)
Replies

Feb 5, 2008RamenRadio

Most heelers on team heelys are little kids, and the kids on team heelys don't know anything about the shoes.

They are KIDS. They don't know what to do about a product, or what would be better wheel design for a product.

So not only are team heelys unprofessional, I don't see them doing anything new to make heelys interesting.

Something fucking new, a new look, a new grind plate (grind this grind plate sucks COMPLETELY). With the grind this grind plate, you slide right off the god damn rail.

With the fats wheels that are used on grind this, they hurt your heels so god damn badly.

With the evolution wheels, they are great, but they are slow.

With the wheels in the torches, they are OK, but they break easily

And etc. etc.

DO YOU SEE ANY HEELERS BESIDES SETH, HEELY HAILEY, OR ANY KID HEELER ON TEAM HEELYS THAT WILL KNOW SOME OF THAT INFORMATION

NO! Because they are barely old enough to make one decision after another.

Maybe that's why the grind this, rails, and 5-0 suck so much.

Feb 5, 2008RamenRadio

And Kain, tell Brooks or whoever at HSL that they are fucking crazy to yell at us, and allow their stupid little kids to make fun of us.

It's not our fault that HSL hired a bunch of kids on a team and they can't help but yell at us because we can do something that catch people's interest.

It's HSL fault that they are ruined in the stocks, that they make such sucky models (ugly models), such uncomfortable ass shoes for 90 bucks, and that they aren't making even a decent grind plate or good wheels for a shoe.

Feb 5, 2008rhinoskater30

http://www.heelys.com/product.aspx?product_id=113&;color_id=62

oh

my

God

sorry to be a little racist but

Heelys for black people!

Yea dawg...

Feb 5, 2008RamenRadio

In fact, I should complain to HSL about how we have so little. They haven't even stocked up our new express yet!

And they are just releasing another grind this model look alike and thinking that's going to bring them back the stocks?

yeah right! I could market better than them.

Feb 5, 2008AnthoFlex

Actually, Seth and Heely Hailey only know "so much" about soaps because they come here and study their asses off

Feb 5, 2008RamenRadio

I meant about heelys, but who cares what they think man.

And I meant the shops soap shoes, not "ours".

When I said that, I meant for people who want soap shoes. I dunno, I was typing fast, and I'm pissed at HSL for doing a sucky job

Feb 5, 2008Revengasaur

I do not argue on the Internet... I'm not putting anyone down, or trying to start shit, I just don't enjoy any kind of interpersonal struggle unless it's face to face. It's just that this argument has got me thinking, and disclaimer in place here's what I think:

It seems like the "Heel/Soap debate" is mostly due to our jealousy clashing with the heel kids immaturity. We're jealous because we see the marketing of (what we see) as an inferior product (an opinion held by some, not all) while the superior product that is directly responsible for creating heeling is being sidelined and ignored. All the while HSL makes questionable marketing decisions and alienates more potential customers. I would never wear Heelys... they do not appeal to me in any way, because they are, like it or not "A little kid shoe" It's all in the marketing. I know you hardcore heel dudes are gonna get pissed about that statement, but hear me out.
HSL is trying to capture the kid market, just look at their commercials and website. They want to appeal to the "mommy dollars" 7-13 demographic. They are the ones who buy products that have little practical application (you don't need to spend more money on a shoe with a wheel) followed by the much harder to capture 14-18 demographic... for this demographic your product needs more “cool factor” not just “fun factor”. Soaps have a very high cool factor, they appeal to an older crowd (just look at the not-so-subtle featuring of Mike Metzger in "Shag This" +30 cool points) heelys have a large fun factor, but are seen by 80% of the 14 and over crowd as simply retarded due to the goofy kid crap heelys mercilessly associates with their product. (A demo at Disneyland?) So the 14-18 crowd, (who are more likely to be spending their own money, not mom&pops) are reluctant to drop the cash on something they don't need. (And if they do it's probably an impulse buy... I see adds on my local cragslist all the time “Heely's, mens size 11, barely used $30”) Maybe that's an outright lie, because most people are so materialistic they'll spend their money on just about anything, but that's besides the point for the most part. Okay, here's the kicker that ties it all together. Soap is on the outs. To the masses, soaping is not cool. Soap was huge for a while, then within a few years... nothing. Soap went for the older demographic, and couldn't hold on to the rapidly changing Idea of “Cool”. Was that their fault soap's fault? I think not; I blame the fickle nature of kids these days, always deathly afraid of looking uncool, and fully willing to compromise something that they enjoy in order to stay hip. HSL watched this happen, and has sworn not to make the same mistake twice. Instead they have decided to take the easy way into success, thorough the pockets of the easily controlled and oblivious kiddy demographic. Make sense? This is all theory and conjecture... but I'm pretty convinced that it all makes sense on some level. So heely dudes, don't get mad when we say “HEELING IS FOR LITTLE KIDS” because in our eyes... it is. All we see is demos at Disneyland, and commercials that couldn't be more cheesy unless they featured “Who let the dogs out”. I geuss it's your duty to show us and everyone else that you can be seen however legitimately as you want to be seen, despite HSL's marketing blunders.
I personally look at heelys and go “whatever, I honestly hope you are having the time of your life” because in the end it's not about anything other than FUN. We'd all do well to remember that.

P.S. HSL is blowing it right? Maybe it's time we give up on them, pool our resources and start our own grind shoe company... :P

Feb 5, 2008Soapdreamer

I agree I mean if someone told you that there is going to be a heelying demo set up.
They think its as cool as disney channel movie.( which is not cool ) They don't want to see brats rolling around on a mini ramp barely getting air.
Plus those demos must be making the protective parents think that heelys are to dangerous to have their child wear.
Now I think that even many kids think that heelys are uncool.

I many only be 15 years old but I can have good ideas also. The heelys team on the other hand Have the horrible idea of using shoes that dont exist anymore making some kids feel like heelys is holding back on them.

Heelys Marketing is messed up and needs fixing what are your ideas?

Feb 5, 2008AnthoFlex

I like everything you said revengesaur, but i gotta put my 2 cents into why soaps died.

It was the switching between 3 companies in a matter of a year in a half. And HSL not exactly releasing the best looking model. I'm glad they kept the Express going. I would've liked the Scam too, but what can ya do.

Way too many models at one time that looked way too similar. Most people know this already, but i'll just say it for those who dont:

2 of the 6 models that HSL released were the same shoe, just different colors under different names. 4 out of the 6 had the same midsole. 5 out of the 6 had the same plate, and 1 of the 6 (which was totally different from the others) was a wtf shoe....A half-sole plate? (T-bones) AND was factory defective

Feb 5, 2008Soapdreamer

I just read the Express arguement And have to put in why i think heelys is kiddy.

When that person posted here saying that See what heelys can really do.
I saw a bunch of kids doin things that i thought were pretty lame.
Airing up onto a rail is STUPID to me

Feb 5, 2008Revengasaur

Yeah, changing hands so many times like that must have been brutal, A few months of inactivity for a company usually means instant death. I'm glad that HSL is trying to do anything at all, because they don't have to... they could've just shitcanned the whole soap brand on arrival and just used the plate patents. But, my opinion is that if you're gonna do something, you need to do it right, and releasing all those models that were basically the same shoe was not what I would term "right". I hope that soon HSL will get the picture that people haven't forgotten about soaps completely... they just need to be reminded. The other day I showed my expresses to a friend I used to work with and he was like "HOLY SHIT! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE SOAPS!" Turns out he used to have a pair of squeakys back in the day, but the upper ripped and he tossed them out when he moved out of his parents house. Now when the new order comes into SSS he's gonna grab a pair.

Feb 5, 2008Kain

oh wow......

RamenRadio,
You don't pay any attention at all. Most of the ppl on Team Heelys, especially on the national pro team, are adults. I agree with you about the quality of the equipment such as wheels and plates, that's what all the heelers are working to improve. Hence, the megavert wheel.....HSL is crazy, but they're not making us come on here. idk why seth or H2 came on here, but I did b/c I think soap shoes are cool. Heeling is catching ppl's interest....that's why a bunch of ppl at the skate park, even adults, want to try our heelys. The reason they're not putting more soaps on the market is b/c they're a HEELYS COMPANY. No matter how much any of us want more soaps, they're gonna focus more on heelys.

Revengasaur,
I couldn't agree with you more. HSL has completely screwed up their market and reputation. They're the best skating-related thing I've ever tried, but as you said, they appear to ppl as a "little kid shoe". The problem is the ppl at HSL are too busy worrying about selling to little kids b/c it gets more money in their pockets, unlike the good SOAP ppl you had that actually cared about what ppl thought of their sport.

Soapdreamer,
Disney channel movies are cool...my whole family thinks that....but anyway....
We aren't brats just rolling around, and the most air ever gotten off heelys was on a 7 ft. ramp, about 5-6 feet of air straight on and off the wheels. A lot of ppl think heelys are cool, and with the team spreading the word about the aggressive capabilities of them, they're even more popular. You're right about HSL messing everything up. That's why they're consulting the team, and actually listening when we tell them to make models with better wheels/plates. Most of us heelers do something else like skateboarding, blading, or soaping....like me......so we don't see heeling as "moving down" from those things.

AnthoFlex,
the HSL models look fine to me, but they should still make more broadsides. Now that they have the patent, they have an obligation to keep soaping going for the ppl that don't heel. And yeah, heelys have been accused of making their models like that, and most of us agree. If they would just come out with a few good quality styles, all our problems would be solved.

Soapdreamer,
you jump up onto a rail to grind it just like us. If you think it's lame, I'd like to see you do better vert on a pair of soaps.

Revengasaur,
HSL fortunately is starting to get the picture about their marketing flops thanks to a lot of letters from heelers. And yeah, I think we're all glad they didn't just scrap the soap idea.

Feb 5, 2008seth1230

I prfer my soaps WAYYYY over my heelys for grinding. They are just alot more suited for it.

too bad mine are small.

@AnthoFlex, I don't study my ass off learning everything about heelys and soaps, i just keep it all in my memory, if i hear like someone talking about some wheels or something its in there. i cant get it out i wont ever forget it again. I think the same goes for hailey.

yes, i agree heelys should make better looking heelys, the torch isnt such a great looking pair, and the evolutions side tears up pretty fast but hey i like to roll on my heelys and grind, i dont see why i cant do both and why im hated so much for using heelys. I know HSL screwed up with the marketting i mean my cousins have heelys with fire on the side (i got a pair too to try em out) and they look like hot wheels shoes i wear them probably once or twice in my backyard never out in public lol. but think about it. HSL and SOAPS started the same, both were marketting for teens and older people with sizes made up to 13 soaps just got a better path (although i still see the occasionally "wasnt soaping for little kids in the 90's" comment on youtube) i mean heelys arent even made in a 13 anymore any now theyre made from 12c. the thing we need is less little kids more adults.

*prepares himself to get flamed*

Feb 5, 2008seth1230

(and btw, 5-o's, grind this and rails DO suck) i just like the plates on my rails better then the express on my torches and evolutions because theyre alot less arched. i dont like the whole biting off of DC style though.

Feb 5, 2008RamenRadio

You had to get an account just to try and prove something?

Why can't you guys get real? It's supposed to be about having fun, not being technical and political. You guys just don't know when to stop.

Feb 5, 2008AnthoFlex

Bro, you cant take it so personal....The name "Heelys" doesnt exactly sound like a teen/adult thing.

Honestly, how many people hear "HEELYS!!!! YAY!!!" in their heads in a little kid voice whenever they think of the word "Heelys"?

Feb 5, 2008AnthoFlex

yea, HSL totally set themselves up to get flamed. That whole DC, Timberland, and Vans rip-off wasnt exactly too smart

Feb 5, 2008seth1230

Nope, i had an account i tried joining just a little while ago but it said the name was taken so i tried loggin in and turns out i was part of it, when i wanted to learn how to grind i had taken a big interest in soaps so i probably joined back then.

Feb 5, 2008seth1230

im not trying to make enemies, i see your point in how you think heelys are for little kids, and i think soapers have ALOT more style then heelers when it comes to grind, but i really dont like all the hate we get from soapers though. i just dont get it, why cant we just coexsist and thats it?

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

It says you're a member starting TODAY dude.

I'm just going by what your profile says. And not every soaper hates on heelys. Just because we don't like it, doesn't mean you have to force it upon us.

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

The day HSL treats us soapers with the respect we deserve...THEN we can co-exist. Until then, my bad but no.

I know what ur thinking. "What does HSL's thoughts towards soapers have anything to do with co-existing"

heres the answer:

figure it out, its not that hard. Also, dont take it personally. Its just the way things are

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

@ramenradio, idk why it says that but i just logged in, i thought i didnt have an account and i think i logged in for the first time today, ask a admin to check it out if you dont believe me but even im not sure of that.

@anthflex yeah i see where your coming from . i dont know what kain did to make it seem like we're forcing you to like us but i respect your opinion and im sure as hell not trying to force you guys. and yeah i think you guys deserve beter soaps then freaking expresses, I mean i love my sylons and all but theyre small on me and i dont like the expresses so im usually just using my heelys to grind. but yeah, i hope i dont become a bother or anything to you guys just because i heel as well as soap. but im going to be coming on here alot more, watch some vids, look at some pics.

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

No offense to you bro, but i just don't see you promoting soaps. If you say you would, then thats cool, but i don't really believe you. I could be wrong, but its just something im feeling

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Seth, I don't care about your account.

You don't seem to be getting the point that we aren't for arguing about stupid shit like this.

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

well i work for heelys so ofcourse you dont see me doing that, and i havent seen soaps anywhere oustide ecept for once when i saw some kids on some benches outside my mall and at the thrift store i got mine so i dont see how i would send anyone that wants soaps to anywhere but online stores and not many people have full confidence on buying online. The day after i got my sylons a few of my friends asked me where the hell i managed to get soaps with removable plates and i told them at a thrift store, and to just go look around in stores or anywhere but they havent found any. their parents wouldnt let em order online (so ebay was out of it) and they want a pair with removable plates.

one thing heelers and soapers agree on, HSL has to shapen up.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

That's HSL's fault for not selling soap shoes anywhere but online.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Actually, it's a HUGE pain in the ass.

I'd like to see the gamer being sold only online, see how much worse those shoes would sell.

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

If you Heelers really wanted to support soaps, you'd all ban together and go tell HSL that you wanna see retailers that sell em along-side Heelys. Because HSL doesn't listen to us. They'll probably listen to you guys

But we all know you guys wouldnt do that. At least i know you wouldnt do it. Just a thought, thats all

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

"Because HSL doesn't listen to us. They'll probably listen to you guys "

i remember telling a soaper that. he told me to stfu. and ive done it. ive told hernando on a trip to key west for a demo. just got to get it to the head of everything somehow. too bad im only on regional team and the highest contact ive got is david chau....i think i might have brookes contact information but shes marketting head manager for heelys so idk, i'll try and find out.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

888-428-2099

So while you're online, give brooks a call? That's her number, exact extension I believe.

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

Leave brooks alone, shes been super busy lately with Heelys shit.

Have David Chau talk to brooks if push comes to shove

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

@ramenradio, i dont think thats her number, i found the card she gave us from a national practice we had in september...not the same number but i'll give them both a try

@anthoflex,
"You are the FIRST and ONLY Heeler who has recognized that soapers are indeed the superior grinders."

i love how you said that to kain after me and hailey have commented numberless videos saying we WISHED we can grind like you guys. you guys have alot mroe style in your grinds, and ive told you the same thing over myspace i believe.

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

Kain was the only one who sounded sincere, thats why

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

i think dave is a bit busy with the national pro team stuff coming up aagain in disney and now theres another commercial going to be shot so its going to be busy, if anything i'll harass their hotline thingy and emails. i want me new soaps.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

That's the number I called, and it led to brooks

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

You know, better yet, I'm going to call HSL and tell them that you guys are interested.

Brooks is always checking out solidgrind. Just ask Renny.

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

@ramen, mmkay, i'll give it a try, in a day or two maybe some stuff will cool down with the heelys and give them some room for other stuff, i'll also email her if anything cause if she doesnt recieve my calls, she'll recieve the emails, i'll keepyou guys filled in on what she says.

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

And HSL yet again can afford to spend $1000+ on a Disney demo, but they can't just LEND me like $300 to get shirts printed and pay for Trevor's flight right?

Such dicks

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

I dunno, but it is odd for the HEAD OF SOAP PROMOTION has to pay for everything instead of the company.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

HSL should at least try to give him SOME budget money, don't you think?

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

Allow me to rephrase that:

And HSL yet again can afford to spend $1000+ on a Heelys demo in Disney, but they can't just LEND me like $300 to get shirts printed for our soapshoes demo and pay for Trevor's flight to get there right?

Such dicks

I didnt think i was specific enough

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

I knew what you meant nonetheless

Feb 6, 2008Megashadow77

Goddamn Heelers.....

I don't hate you guys for heeling, that's your thing. YOU'RE ALL JUST SO FUCKING ANNOYING! OH MY GOD! AHHHHH! My ears bleeds from READING your posts.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Seth,
thanks for the backup lol. But I wasn't trying to force heelys on them. I'm just trying to make them not hate heeling the way we don't hate soaping.

Antho,
you're right, they should put more time and money towards soap shoe related things. And yeah, I do sound sincere a lot.....lol....

RamenRadio,
next time I talk to one of the managers, I'll ask them about promoting soap shoes/making new styles.

Megashadow77,
you think it's any easier for heelers to read your hate messages?

Feb 6, 2008Megashadow77

think I care? Do you really think i give a shit about you, and your roller shoes?

Well, I don't.....and quit posting, my ears cannot take much more punishment....

besides, if you hate the arguing, get the FUCK OFF SOLIDGRIND.

Feb 6, 2008Jard39

megashadow shutup and stop hating so they roll around on their shoes who gives a shit its fun to them like soaping is fun to us

Feb 6, 2008Kain

why don't you get the fuck off, you're the only one still arguing with me.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

@Jard39 that was directed at Megashadow, not you

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Kain, it's not new news about how you guys lurk around here. Despite how sick it can be, you guys do it every day.

ESPECIALLY from HSL. HSL reads everything that's ever posted on solidgrind.

And instead of saying something to derek brooks, they yell at us for talking about how we don't like their products, how we think don't like having a wheel in a shoe, how the models are ugly, and how uncomfortable their models are and practically always will be.

If they had actually wanted to make some cash and put some thought into their product, they would improve it, not destroy their own product.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Ramen,
I know what you mean. But the problem is you soapers keep bashing heelys. You can have an opinion, but you don't have to blurt it out to every heeler you see.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Kain, I'm not trying to argue, but we're all a little sick of what you guys are doing.

With brooks saying how they have every single mold since the first models ever made in 1997, it's a little stupid how they decide to not make soap shoes, and continue with heelys.

The grind this plate was even worse than the macks grind plate. Although you don't skid as much on the rubber of the shoe as on the express, you fall off whatever you are grinding.

Unless you do frontsides on rails, and backsides on curbs and ledges, you are absolutely guaranteed to get hurt. Not that you won't hurt yourself doing what I said you CAN do, if you try doing lateral tricks, it screws up as well.

This is all beside the point though. HSL continues to make cruddy models of heelys, they have gotten SO much worse instead of improving, the models have gotten crappier in quality no matter how much they try using previous materials of soap shoes models the shoes STILL suck, their advertising is either not working, or it's just not interesting to WHOEVER the hell you guys are TRYING to get interested in heelys.

The point is that, it's not working, your stocks aren't worth spit, and that if you don't try to take in the interests of the CONSUMER, you guys aren't going to get anything done.

I'm not giving you guys free advice, because every time you guys try to find a new way of making a grind shoe, you take everything that we found distasteful in heelys, and turned it against us.

You tried to market and sell the grind this model thinking that just because the grey and red one resembled a previous soap shoes model, was made from SOME of the material of a previous model, and then decided to fool around with the dyes just to see if ANYONE would think the shoes looked nice.

But no, it STILL failed, and the 5-0 will probably be another failure too.

I'm done giving you guys free advice, and I'm sick to even think that HSL could keep soap alive.

HSL should be putting more interest in soap shoes, because there has been SUCH a dramatic change in the sales in soap shoes, people are interested, and even though the sssoapshop doesn't have much to advertise soap shoes, the shoes sell!!!

That's without ANY help from HSL. They pay the limited people who sell soap shoes, and they do a damn good job.

Heelys are sold EVERYWHERE. Journeys, whatever kind of store, ebay, online stores, almost ANYWHERE.

And what has happened so far this year, and for about the last 4 months last year?

You guys get KILLED in the stock market, you barely make any money, you're probably spending money that you don't have, and MOST importantly:

YOU STRUGGLE THE LITTLE THAT YOU DO, and you sell NOTHING

So HSL, please make some soap shoes. People really want broadsides.

Thank you and goodnight

Feb 6, 2008Soapdreamer

Kain:If you think it's lame, I'd like to see you do better vert on a pair of soaps.Kain

First ill need to get soaps but maybe i can give a good effort with regular shoes and a bit of am fsw. Dropping in from the outside rail into a parkour roll to running up the
other ramp jumping from the coping over the other side rail and roll out landing.

Ok so maybe thats just me daydreaming
but I actually think that someone on soaps can put up a challenge on vert with parkour.
Maybe Derek but he may have other things to do probably.

Its not impossible to make good vert show with soaps you know. Thats the point im getting at.

Feb 6, 2008Soapdreamer

Just nevermind the part about me being superman in that i was dreaming a bit.

However I Do really think that a cool vert combo can be made with soaps.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Ramen,
I'm saying for the millionth time on this site, I agree with you. HSL is doing crap with their market. I wish they would come out with new and better heelys/soap models. But you talk about heelers as if they're in charge of HSL. We're not any happier than you about this. We've been writing to HSL for months now, and they're finally planning on making some good mega/plate models that don't SUCK like the old ones. Hopefully once that happens, the new models will keep in stock and sell, b/c the only mega/plate models available now are running out and ppl are going mad over them.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

I think it's pretty stupid for HSL to lurk around here trying to see what's up, it's not like they care.

They are losing so much money and they don't care. There are over 500-600 people who are dying for broadsides, 600 people who are dying for scorchers, and with proper advertising for soap shoes, who knows how many shoes would sell?

Who knows how many Tbones would have sold if they had properly made the shoe flexible and gave it a full sole plate?

WHO KNOWS HOW MANY ASIDE SHOES WOULD HAVE SOLD IF HSL HAD BOTHERED TO SELL THEM!!!!

But no, HSL didn't bother to do anything. Instead, they decide to make no money by making distasteful heely models that won't end up selling.

Derek brooks loves the asides, and wishes that HSL would have sold the shoes.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

what's the mega plate?

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Sorry I posted my comment above my question after you posted yours.

I'm not sure if I understand what the mega plate is. Is that some new grind plate, or is that the grind this/rails/5-0 model

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

And Kain, you, Seth and Heely Hailey aren't the only people that goes on this site.

HSL lurks here all the time.

In fact, someone from HSL was yelling emailing people about how we were calling the Torches ugly.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Soapdreamer,
Yeah, I've seen you guys do some cool vert-related stuff on soaps, but it's just not the same without a wheel. It doesn't have the same flow.

Ramen,
Of course it is. I want HSL to sell those cool soap models and actually come out with some GOOD heelys models like Evos. If they made just that model, and none of the crappies, they'd make SO much more money.

btw I thought A-Sides were never released?

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

They weren't

That's my point man.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

They never released the shoes, so no one knows what could have happened if they were sold.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Ramen,
By mega/plate I mean heelys with mega/megavert wheels and grind plates.

And we're not responsible for anything HSL does on here. Don't blame us for any crap they try to pull....

Feb 6, 2008Soapdreamer

Hey new great models from the company thats good but what does that mean for us though? Will our group stay waiting months just to get something simple like a shoe size of a model out there?

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

And the A-sides were set to be DIRT cheap shoes.

Compared to other shoes, it's very cheap. Size 10, 11, and 12 express with shipping go for about 79 dollars with shipping.

If express were sold in stores, 55 dollars.

but for a shoe with a FULL SOLE PLATE, the asides were going to be 90 dollars.

that's a 30 dollar decrease in the price of grind shoes with a sole plate. that's a huge start.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

I know, Kain, we're just sick of it.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute.

Are you saying the grind plates in heelys will consist of metal rollers in the shoe where the grind plates so you are rolling on a curb or a rail instead of grinding on it rather?

Much like the roller blade grind shoes?

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Ramen,
no, heelys will probably still have classic express plates in most of their models, but we're trying to convince them to put in some higher quality soap plates. I know you're sick of HSL on here, but me, Seth, and H2 aren't here just to support HSL.

Soapdreamer,
I definitely hope not.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

I wonder why they got rid of the grind rails plates then.

I thought they were good grind plates. I heard a rumor about how they got stuck on kinks, but I hear once you get used to grinding, it works out fine

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Ramen,
idk, they use express on all the newer models. Grind Rails were a short-lived thing

Feb 6, 2008xJeremiahx

I think the biggest problem with HSL is that they don't seem to be listening to us(soapers and heelers) and what our opinions are. We are the ones who use and buy the products so if they marketed more towards our needs then we will support them more. Instead of sitting here complaining about not having sole plates or not having products available for us to buy we could be out there using and promoting their products. Thus making them more money.

Feb 6, 2008Revengasaur

This might sound really stupid, but I think we're actually getting somewhere with this. Instead of just flaming away at each other we're really talking out some issues that have obviously been bothering everyone.

Heh, well if you think I'm a kook go ahead and say so, but I'm just trying to be positive.

P.S. hey HSL guys... if you're reading this, re-release the broadsides... if not the A-sides.

Feb 6, 2008Jard39

yeah power to the soaper and for the first time the heeler

the people united can never be defeated!

Feb 6, 2008Kain

wow......what happened to those hateful ppl that used to be here? lol

Jerimiah,
I know, HSL is so far in the crapper that they're actually listening to us now. They've listened to us by developing better heelys models. Maybe they'll listen to us if we tell them to make more soaps (broadside/aside/speedster).

Revengasaur,
I'm glad to actually hear that from someone on this site.

Jard39,
w00t!

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

YO Travis, ur not calling anyone from HSL.

Stop saying ur going to talk to the "managers" or "representatives" or whatever. You're not. Stop calling up HSL, stop calling brooks, stop calling the bigger ups on Team Heelys.

You don't deal with any of the money involved here, nor do you have any authority when it comes to sales. Everytime you call one of these people, you do more harm than good. Let Steve, Trevor, or I take care of that kinda stuff.

If you fuck something up, it doesn't fuck you up financially, it'll just be something to say "damn" and shrug your shoulders about later.

Stop calling and stop saying you'll call the bigger ups. Just keep on promoting by soaping, thats it.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Dude, I told you on AIM that I wasn't calling HSL and that I'd let Seth handle it man.

And besides, I just call the same places that everyone else calls. Just the customer service.

Feb 6, 2008matrix8967

so...

tl;dr (mostly)

but, i'm going to assume it's another "heely's vs. soap bigger dick/pissing contest" ?

or is this different than the usual things?

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Different. Someone was pissed before, but now we're just talking.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Woa, Alex, what's up man? Where've you been?

Feb 6, 2008matrix8967

here:lurking mostly. but still soaping hard. just bought t-shirts/stickers on ebay...

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Travis,
idk what it'll do, but I'm trying to help seth and the other heelers revive soap, I'm a noob to the team, just got sponsored in January, so idk how much influence I could have on HSL

Feb 6, 2008AnthoFlex

Yo Kain, can i see the video you sent in to HSL to get sponsored?

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Antho,
I didn't make a vid. I went to St. Louis to one of the team practices and tried out there.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Ohhh that's cool. St. Louis demo in 2004, right? Derek Brooks was at that demo, the video is in the video section.

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

sorry I meant 2003 typo

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Travis,
no, it was in January 2008. One month ago. At Rampriders skate park

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

er...so do i call or leave it all to anthoflex?

@ramen radio, i enjoyed the grind rail plate sooooo much, they had no lock on and i really liked that compared to teh express and the ones on grind this and w.e.. Thing is i got them used so they were already pretty worn down. i basically ended up killing them, I never experienced any problems with that plate but i have with the express. its just alot more arched so ive tripped a couple of times on ledges.

never had any problems on my sylons though and i like those more my grails. :P

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

You call HSL, Renny thinks it's a bad idea for me to call.

And the grind rails plates were really good.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

eh....never tried them.

I'm fine with express

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

Comparing plates really changes things, believe me.

Soaps are cool with the replaceable grind plates, so you can change so many grind plates.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Yeah......
I want to try slo bros/BBKs, but I can't find a style with them

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

you can buy a pair of shoes then buy grind plates man, you CAN replace them
:D

Feb 6, 2008seth1230

i have BBK's :) heelys dont compare to them.

ive tried slow bros, when i was learning to grind so i didnt feel much difference in the 3 centimeters of ride.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

Travis,
but the only grindshoe I have are evos, and I can't get the expresses off :P

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

You can buy soap shoes off ebay whenever they come on.

Feb 6, 2008Kain

yeah.....

but there are none on right now lol

Feb 6, 2008RamenRadio

well of course ;P

Feb 6, 2008rhinoskater30

hmmm

It appears, after what has been said, that HSL is taking the same path Soap has.

Just look, at first they weren't too well known, then they blew up. Now, Heelys is kinda goin' down hill, and from what I read, they are desperate.

Now, by the title I put, I didn't mean Kain sucks, but just because of his comments on Heelys.

I also see the the Heelers here enjoy Soaps. But I fail to believe that you do anything to revive Soaps. I can't really do anything but buy Soaps, and since mine are still good, there's no point in me buying another pair. I would if different models were out, and there's not, so, yeah...

As much as I hate to say this, I hope HSL does not die as Soap did. I kind of wish it does really well, but maybe under a different name, not HSL but something else.

If they could make one, just ONE Heelys shoe with a grind plate, the rest regular Heelys, and then Soaps (that are unique) I would be totally fine with that.

I can't give and example off of the top of my head, but they could form a company within theirs. Like change the name from HSL to whatever, then sell both. If HSL dies, I'm afraid that Soap will die with it.
If they go out of business, Heelys might go to another company, but Soap will not. Then we will be out of luck. I'm sure no one here has enough money to start a company with Soaps.

Soaps isn't quite dead yet, but it could be revived if HSL does some of these things. The names are not important, but there are at least 10 people in my school, maybe more, that have had Soaps, or have known family that has had Soaps. That is one school. There are most likely more schools with this too.

HSL just needs to sell more Soaps to make more money. Trends will change but a monopoly will never die. For instance, MicroSoft.

As for the Heelers, please, don't come here and tell us about what new Heelys stuff is going on. No one wants to hear it. Heelys are okay to have for adults, but for only a few adults that promote them, millions of older teens and adults is unacceptable.

Alright...
Heelys are a little childish over all. Soaps may only grind, but they are more technical then Heelys, making them for the older group, but not limited to it. This is why other people here, and I get mad when you all talk about this. Not only is it stupid, but HSL hasn't really given a rat's ass about Soaps. It appears as if they give Renny money (only a little, though) and said "here, do whatever for Soaps." He has done a very good job. But HSL hasn't done anything and that's why a lot of us get mad.

Think of it like this...

The TV industry is dying, and the newspaper company picks it up. What if they never produced a television again?

Wouldn't you be angry if they just sold newspapers?

The analogy isn't exactly correct, but it might help you to understand how we feel.

That's how I feel, at least.

Feb 7, 2008rhinoskater30

OH!

HSL could form a separate company like Nike.

Nike was all athletic shoes, from basketball to golf.

They new have skateboarding shoes under the company Nike SB.

That's what HSL needs to do.

Feb 9, 2008Kain

Rhino,
I agree with you almost completely. Except about the heelys. With hybrid heelys (heelys+soaps), you can do pretty much any soap trick AND vert/street, which is also technical, but in a different way. so heeling isn't any more childish than soaping. But before ppl start flaming me, soap shoes are better for grinding quality/comfort. I'm just saying the same grinds are POSSIBLE on heelys.

I hope with this new guy that supposedly likes soap, he'll make some good decisions for the company. I don't think they should make ANY more regular styles (no plates, fats wheels) b/c those are the ones that get dusty on store shelves and are being sold so slowly and at such a low price, it's hurting HSL to produce them. The big demand is in the pro models (mega(vert) wheels/plates), and HSL would make a TON of money if they concentrated their efforts on that. Also, the re-release of some of the soap models will meet the demand of soapers, making HSL more money. So everybody wins. If HSL does either of these soon, they'll make so much more money and be able to mass-produce their heelys/soaps

Feb 9, 2008rhinoskater30

I just think it's stupid how you can't jump into a grind with Heelys. You roll, but then you have to stop and jump off of your toes to get on a rail. The stop time may be short and quick, but it greatly decreases the flow. It makes it look sketchy and dumb.

They need just Heelys and just Soaps.

Feb 9, 2008Kain

Well actually, I get more "flow" rolling into the grind, and running up to it is more sketchy. But that's just me. And if you go straight off the wheel, to your toes, to the rail, you don't get as much speed/height. That's why most heelers just run up to the rail to do fast grinds/handrails like soapers, and transfer to the wheels after they land.

Feb 9, 2008rhinoskater30

yeah... ok.. but you don't jump staight off the wheel unless you're grinding a curb

if you want to grind a rail you kinda have to stop first unless you air off of some huge kicker that shoots you on to a rail

yeah you roll up to the rail, but you don't go straight up, you still have to stop

Feb 9, 2008AnthoFlex

true

Feb 9, 2008Kain

Actually, no...if you've seen heelys grinding vids, there's a lot of flow in some situations.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DVigkabHbpU&;feature=related

But soaping is better for just getting speed and height

Feb 9, 2008RamenRadio

Even Joey Barbara had to stop I think.

Feb 9, 2008chicken4eve

i love heelys!!!!

Feb 9, 2008Kain

......hey chicken.....

:P
*knows him from heelychat*

Feb 9, 2008Soapdreamer

Erm.. try not to bring to many over here.
This place is mostly for people who like soaps.
We don't want a lot of people who are set on proving heelys are better than soaps in everything here.

That was the kind of video i was kind of thinking of Kain. An older heeler who has a kinda flair to heeling and doesn't think of it as an extreme sport.

Feb 9, 2008Kain

Soapdreamer,
I didn't "bring" him here....everyone on heelychat knows about solidgrind. And don't assume all heelers think heelys are better at EVERYTHING....

btw....that's Merlyn........he's in his 20s and is trying to get heelys to be the next extreme sport.

lol

Feb 9, 2008Soapdreamer

In one of the comments though he said they don't take themselves to seriously.

Yeah but still more heelers are gonna come here and I think one of them is gonna try to make a mess of things eventually.

Feb 9, 2008Kain

Um...yeah....Merlyn said that
and that's called a joke

Yeah, you're probably right. Just like the heelychat ppl think soapers will come on there and bug them.
*sigh*

Feb 9, 2008Kain

It's unbelievable how a few ppl can ruin a whole group's rep...

Feb 9, 2008Soapdreamer

They wanted to make an impact and they did.

They were probably so childish they thought.

"hey lets make the website look all messed up and then people wouldn't come on and like soaps anymore. I'm gonna be a hero! :D"

Feb 9, 2008Kain

wow......

idiots......

Feb 10, 2008Soapdreamer

The person being talked about here is the reason there is a large gap in the forum.
Its kinda sad he knew how to make unenterable topics but assumed that spamming was going to drive us out.

Feb 10, 2008Soapdreamer

oops wait
i meant the person being talked about in the "well my fellow solidgrinders" topic

Not you rofl.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

I know :P

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

The problem is, HSL isn't listening to ANYONE. Unfortunately, seth contacting HSL won't make ANYE MORE of a difference than anthoflex or anyone else contacting them.
That's why we all started making megaverts from skateboard wheels, because HSL wouldnt make megaverts.
We had to grind down our wheel wells because HSL wouldnt make them more deep.
Some of us grind down the lock on the plates of torches because .. its just ridiculous.
Heelers have been asking for a vertical plate model for almost a year now, and heelys hasnt even showed signs of possibly producing one.
(sorry i havent been on in a while .. well heck, im not sorry, u guys were probably glad :P)

Feb 10, 2008Kain

hey H2, long time no see =D

....that sucks about HSL...b/c if they don't listen to us, their market's gonna be crap.

Personally, I like the lock on in torches....and what do you mean by vertical plate? A sole plate?

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

yeah, like an A-side but .. no plate where the wheels are .. cuz that prolly wouldnt work out :P

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Well me and some ppl were talking about that....grinds would be hard b/c the wheel would still be in the way if you turn your feet like that.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

yes, thats why wheels roll kain ;)
if ur talking about what i think ur talking about ..

Feb 10, 2008Kain

still,
the grind would feel crappy and be done in a crappy way. That's what broadsides are for ;)

Feb 10, 2008Megashadow77

Oh FUCK NAH.

That's just another example of "HEY, LETZ REPLACE SOAPZ WID WUT DEY WANT WID A WHEEL."

I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD. I SWEAR. I'M GONNA SMACK A BITCH.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Megashadow,
cool it. H2 isn't out to destroy soaps.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

uhm .. you have fun with that megashadow ;)

im not trying to start an arguement, I'm just saying that everyone that considers heeling in a serious way wants soul plates
and everyone that considers soaping in a serious way wants more soaps
and HSL doesnt seem to be listening to either of us

Feb 10, 2008Megashadow77

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were saying something like "Sry pplz.....BUT HERE'S THIS SOLE HEELY."

My bad, sorry. That's why i blew up.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

lol, no prob

the thing is, theres two different parts of HSL's management.
Theres a side that wants to support the sport, and show the possibilitys
and a side that just wants to sell shoes.

Mike staffroni, HSL's (old) CEO just wanted to sell shoes.
We'll see which side the new CEO is on

Feb 10, 2008Kain

H2,
that's what I'm hoping. There's too many ppl that just care about the business, and not the sport. Hopefully with this new guy, we'll get some better soaps/heelys

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

Honestly though, with heelys, as a company, they ARE being smart only caring about the business.
They've sold MILLIONS of heelys, and probably less than 200 people have ever dropped in.
The difference is, its kind of hard to use soaps in a non-aggressive way.
thats where HSL needs to step up.

Feb 10, 2008Megashadow77

BETTER.

Better being the key word. Not 40 models with the same thing as before with a new paint job.

HARDER.BETTER.FASTER.STRONGER.

*breaks out da Daft Punk*

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

And you know Im all for heelys and would love nothing more for them to come out with harder wheels, no brakes, soul plates, non-express plates, etc.
but at this point, it just isnt realistic.

But if the heelers and soapers could team up to bring back broadsides or even A-sides, it'd kinda be a win/win

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Mega,
exactly. That's why they're coming out with a heelys pro model, and why they should be releasing broadsides/scorchers.

H2,
yup....you're right....you need to do the whole jumping into a grind thing with soaps, but with heelys, you can just go forward on them and not do anything.

Feb 10, 2008Megashadow77

Wow.....I never really thought of it like this...but...

Maybe the key to getting HSL to...like....move.... is for the Heelers and the Soapers to team up.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Mega,
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I'VE WISHED THAT

but the soapers are too busy flaming heelers.

Feb 10, 2008Megashadow77

Well, we're sorry, but 99% of the heelers that come on here

Bash soaps, and spam.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

Yeah, I mean, right now with the way their doing. They dont have the funds (or atleast pretend they dont :P) to satisfy both of us.
But I know A-sides or broadsides would help most of heelers as well. 100 people asking for one model should have SOME affect on their productions

Feb 10, 2008Kain

H2,
as Renny's pointed out, they can spend all this money on heelys demos, but can't lend enough for soapers to do a good demo.

And yeah, that's what we're trying to drill in HSL's heads. A LOT of ppl wants broadsides/pro heelys

Feb 10, 2008Megashadow77

well.....every soaper ever wants a sole plate.

and, I don't know ANYTHING about heelys other than the basics, but I'm sure you guys are wanting a couple of things.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

Mega,
Damn straight.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

First thing first,
For soaps to have demos,
places have to sell soaps ;)

no reason why they shouldnt except that HSL is holding them back

Feb 10, 2008Kain

H2,
yup. I've been looking everywhere, and there are NO soaps in my size at all. what's the point of demos? Even if ppl like them, they can't get them

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

The point of demos is to show people that soaps still exist and replenish public interest. You can't have people demanding soaps if they don't even know that soaps exist. Without all the demos that Antho has put on I have this feeling that soaps would be 6 feet under. HSL really should be GIVING dudes like Antho free boxes of expresses, shirts and buttloads of stickers to give away/sell at demos... but they can't even hook him up with new demo shoes? That's like gross negligence. Obviously HSL expects a few dedicated dudes to do all their marketing for them, and in a way that's cool, but damn! If dudes like Antho are gonna rep soaps that hard they need to be backing them up and not expecting them to put on demos out of their own pockets... It almost seems like HSL wants soap to die a quiet death and never be spoken of again. But this dedicated core of Soapers are being a huge pain in the ass and not letting it die under any circumstances. Anyways my point is... MORE DEMOS. MORE PUBLICITY! MORE SOAPS! VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

(lol)

Feb 10, 2008Kain

lol, I like the enthusiasm.

Knowing HSL, they probably want soaps to die. On a business standpoint, it would make them more money if ppl had to buy a pro model with grind plates just to get the grind plate, b/c they cost more.

Feb 10, 2008Soapdreamer

at this rate then heelys is gonna have problem.
Now several heelers want Heelys to release more soaps and I think the number of heelers who ask this is gonna keep growing. And there isnt much they can do about the consumer opinion.

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

Well it's been said before but it looks like the wise thing to do is put aside our differences and come as a united front. Apparently that's already starting to happen.

Feb 10, 2008DarkVermillion

-Is officially the longest thread on SG-
Dude, at the rate heelys is going they'll sink and flail and gasp to keep their heads afloat, but ultimately, they'll sink. Look how big they are. THEY'RE HUGE! But that's the same for their heads, don't they see that they could put soaps back on the market and make twice the cash? As long as the put replaceble plates back on and made styles that didn't look like they came out of a copying machine.
If broadsides came out, I'd buy 3 pairs, no lie. But they throw soap shoes to the side and focus on the thing that's going to crash in a couple of years. Their styles are identical, they're for kids, and it's just a damn nightmare. Most people I talk to say when a little heely kid comes racing row wal-mart or a grocery store they just want to trip them because the little kids have NO manners, so most people are banning them from stores and schools, and some people are even sueing(sp?).
So eventually when heeling in your front yard gets boring because you can't zoom through wal-mart and look like a brat, they'll just start wearing normal shoes.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

yah, this is ALOT of posts in one thread in only 6 days.
It'll be interesting to see if HSL reads the whole thing ..

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

I hope HSL does read this... they'll learn a lot about what we want. (I hope for their sake that they care!) If this is just like 20 people over the course of six days imagine what everyone else thinks? Even heelers, HSL golden children, are discontented. It's funny to see that the hostility in the "Heel-Soap" debate is primarily rooted in a common problem with HSL. Otherwise we'd probably get along better. I know there's always gonna be the "FUK HELEES/SOAPS LOLZ U FAGZ" people. Otherwise the soapers are just like "whatever floats your boat" and the heelers are like "I prefer a wheel with my kicks" Not much to argue about there...

Feb 10, 2008AnthoFlex

They won't read it, trust me.

But yea, as long as im around....soap is gonna stay up

i promise that

Feb 10, 2008Kain

To think I'm the one that started all this.....lol.....

Who cares if HSL reads this? If they don't, we'll just badger them about it anyway. They keep making these stupid styles with no plates and fats wheels, and they're ignoring soap completely. It's just unbelievable how much more money they'd probably make if they mad what ppl ACTUALLY WANT, but they don't pay attention.

Feb 10, 2008AnthoFlex

If HSL were to hire me for designs, they'd be impressed.

I have dozens of drawings of new plate ideas and shoe ideas that i've made

Feb 10, 2008Kain

.....wait....just designs? I thought you said you had actually made a working model of them?

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

They should probably do that. You need to be on their payroll one way or another dude... I'm floored at what you've done out of love for soaps.

Feb 10, 2008AnthoFlex

wtf.....the bottom half of my last comment got cut off

i've made working models of a few. Just the plates though. Shoes are impossible to do

Feb 10, 2008Kain

How have you made working soap plates?

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

I was thinking you could carve a set of plates out of one of those old nylon cutting boards that you can find at the good will... I bet they'd be dangerously fast.

Feb 10, 2008Kain

oh....sounds cool, lol...

seriously though. HSL spends so much money producing/promoting heelys. Why can't they give antho some money for demos/soaps?

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

Good question... How about some publicity too? They should run that one old add that's in the photo section, just replace the old soaps with the different express colorways.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

So then it all comes back to HSL,
So what should we do? petition? flood their email? call them?

Feb 10, 2008Kain

All of that, lol

Feb 10, 2008Revengasaur

I have no idea... will they listen to anything we say? Antho already has a petition going to get some of the old soap models back. I have this feeling that Email-flooding and constant calling would only annoy them and turn them off of listening to us... but maybe it's worth a shot on some level? Just to let them know what we're thinking? I dunno really, it's easy to identify the problem, but it's difficult to formulate a solution. I don't have much experience with the business side of popular revolt... (haha) What do you think about all this antho? Are we just getting ahead of ourselves and building up a dream, or can we actually influence HSL in some way?

Feb 10, 2008Kain

I love building up dreams lol.

But I know that's exactly how we got the new pro models scheduled for June.

Feb 10, 2008heelyhailey

uhm .. pro model isnt much of a pro model at all, no different than torch or evo

Feb 10, 2008Kain

H2,
yeah, I know, but at least there will be more of them, and in bigger sizes, unlike the evos/torches that are pretty much gone.

btw...I was looking through vids on sssoapshop, you guys did a St. Louis demo in 2003? I went to a demo at RampRiders in St. Louis a few weeks ago, lol

Feb 10, 2008AnthoFlex

Cutting your plates doesnt make new ones. I make my own, like literally. I'm not going to explain the process, but yea.

And as for flooding HSL's email, if you Heelers wanna do it, go ahead. I'm not. It just pisses them off. Plus, they couldn't give a shit less what a soaper thinks. They don't like us, they just don't

Feb 11, 2008DarkVermillion

Hey Antho, could you post some of your sketches?

Feb 11, 2008Kain

DarVermillion,
I think we'd all love that =D

Antho,
well I know flooding them in e-mails worked to get heelys a new pro model, but........idk....

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

D.V, you know you my boy and everything, and i wish i could....but the risk of HSL converting em to Heelys just bothers me.

Plus, i need to scan em first

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Antho,
I
WILL
NOT
CONVERT
THEM
TO
HEELYS

but I wouldn't post them on an open link here....HSL, and pretty much anyone, could see them....

Feb 11, 2008teamheelz

Antho, if you REALLY want them into sopas(which YEA DUH YOU DO!) contact HSL and tell them you have the sketches. Make them sign like a contract or something the is like a promise that they will make them into Soaps and will sell them on the shelves!

Feb 11, 2008SpiderSoaper

antho, how did u take off an express plate from it's shoe?

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Antho,
I hate to admit it, but....Laina (teamheelz) is right, it's the only way to make your ideas into soaps.

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Those are casted Express plates. I made em myself

Feb 11, 2008SpiderSoaper

holy monkey they look like hsl made em, those wouldnt happen to be your quikdraw plates

Feb 11, 2008Altman

Okay, let's put some stuff into perspective seeing how it's a well known fact that HSL watches this website. Heelers, I used to jump on any Heely lover who crossed this site but it looks like you're actually willing to help us out. The thing is, Soap and HSL just aren't at the fever pitch right now. the only way to really support the cause is to buy some shoes from SSSoapshop.com and show that you're willing to put more commitment and style into your grinds. Trust me, it's not about how many tricks you can shove into a switch-up, it's about how you look when pulling off one trick and coming out of it clean.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

eh?....

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Altman,
Well....My b-day's coming up this march, and a pair of black Express's are on the top of my list.

Feb 11, 2008rhinoskater30

you fuckin' liar...

Feb 11, 2008Altman

You, rhino, quiet your noise hole. We don't need any unneccessary screw ups here.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Rhino,
......was that supposed to be at me =_=

Feb 11, 2008Altman

Don't worry about it Kain.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

If you think I DON'T want soaps so much, how about me and my friends just call up HSL and tell them to fuck soap shoes =_=

Feb 11, 2008Altman

Hold up there buddy, calling HSL isn't going to do any good regardless of what position you're in.

Feb 11, 2008teamheelz

rhino...hes not lieing. I talk to kain everyday and that all he talks about lol! He is dieing for Soaps and is always wondering when he can get them and when new ones are comming out. I want them to. Yes, i am a heeler and will alway be one. But I want Soaps because they are better to grind with. I not gonna lie,they really are better for that. me and kain aint here to hate cuss we ride heelys and most of you soap. We do want soaps. And we are all wanting the same thing right now...more soaps!

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Rhino, calm yourself down. I know ur pissed

Feb 11, 2008Altman

Besides, the hate needs to subside. If you're not willing to at least make a temporary peace than you're no better than Ronni.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

*sigh*

Sorry I blew up over rhino.....

Laina,
thanks.

Altman,
you're right.

shit, that wasn't aimed at anyone here

i honestly made a mistake sorry

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Rhino,
oh.....lol.....

yeah, sorry, that was weird

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

Hey antho do you have a picture of you using these casted express plates.

Also I have some sorta feeling that you have your own secret soap shoes made by some tailor or something.

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Maybe i do....

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

lawl i know ur just not gonna post them.

I think you have a shoe made to have that quickdraw system lol.

But You always say how your expresses are pretty good but you don't post pictures of you using yours here(unless i missed something).Do you have any somewhere?

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Huh? what do you mean?

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Oh pictures with my express? Nah, i barely have any pictures with me wearing my express.

I do however have ton's of video with the express. Video shoots and photo shoots (for me) just have a different feel. For videos, i like to have my best grinds and just go for it (thats why i use my express)

Photos don't capture the entire grind, so i like to have variety in pics. But if you guys want, i'll go out tomorrow and hit this spot up with my Express and get a good picture. I've been meaning to BS Farf it for awhile. I've just been busy with demo stuff

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Almost all my videos have Septums, Broadsides, and Express shown in em

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

Ya with your expresses. Do you use your fancy quickdraws at all or are they your coveted concept idea you dont dare use?

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

i dont use em. Like my octanes

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

PSP post FTL.=(

Feb 11, 2008SpiderSoaper

hay Antho u know wat? i suck, i've always said how express plates suck compared to the artemis plates, well today since i did nothing at all, decided to soap since i hardley do it, and since i dont have my express, i had to use my torches, which are still like mint, and also used my ords, and i noticed the difference, express are faster, lock in awsome and do last longer, i am such an ass... well heres wat i think...........

BBK:
-can take beatings and stil grind, fast, but die faster than express.

Express:
-takes beating but not while grinding, faster, locks in great, last longer(but that's just me)

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

and BBKs

Feb 11, 2008SpiderSoaper

soapdreamer, is that written towards me, cause i dont get it

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

i like all plates, but my favorites gotta be express

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

i dont like curb busters though....they just suck...last long, yea

but i dont like em

Feb 11, 2008Kain

I still want to try anything besides express lol

Feb 11, 2008SpiderSoaper

i need new express, my friend borrowd em , but i jus let him have em, the lock-in is gone anyway

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

So get the lockin back, grind a semi-slick rocky ledge, or curb. Show that lock in who's boss

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

spider:
post lateness FTL

ment 4 antho

Feb 11, 2008SpiderSoaper

oh, okay soapdreamer. and antho, yea i should do that, but then again idont know why i wont ask him for them bac, ah, i'll let em have it, i wanna start fresh, those express were just fuked up and i didnt know how to soap at the time i had em. But now i see and even feel that my soaping is way better, thanx to my aggressive inline skates, soaping feels alot easier, so i'll probably buy white express, and wen i fuk eem up, i want them to be fuked up cause i used them the right way, not scratching ledges all the time and not grind like i used to do.

Feb 11, 2008Wesker

OK I tl;dr most of this but:

HSL messed up with Soaps from the begining. They released too many models that were basically the same with all the same plate and then a downgrade to the only shoe that anyone ever wanted from a brand new Soap company (The broadsides): The T-Bones.

Since I am on the Soap Team they listened to me and my concerns in the begining. They even seemed like they were taking steps to fix some shit. Back in the day I got them to sponsor a demo for us, BUT they didn't send us any demo shoes. Good move.

Eventually the only person who ever cared about Soap shoes left the company. Later I had to deal with people from HSL that felt like they were being "bothered" with the Soap shoe stuff. After a couple of conversations with who took over, I realized they didn't care and started doing what I did when Soap shoes was sold to instride and the company went dead for a while, heavy grassroots promotion.

Things got busy for me as a grew up though. So I can't justify doing certain things for free to promote a company that doesn't care about it's costomers anymore.

So why do Soapers hate Heelers?

Well it isn't really that they hate Heelers, but that they hate HSL. I mean. The first demo we were supposed to ever do they got someone from their Heelys team to do it (Why, I don't know).

What did I later(Years later) find out about that demo? That the dude from Heelys that did the demo just busted out his Heelys and that it basically turned into a Heelys demo instead of a Soap shoes demo.

If you were able to be here when HSL first bought Soaps, you would see that NO ONE here had any hate for HSL or their other products (Heelys, and hay remember AXIS shoes?). A lot of us even bought the Grails and gave them their fair shake.

It wasn't until HSL tried to silently kill Soap shoes (The only way we could make sense of that is that HSL bought Soap shoes for the SOLE purpose of having the patents to the grind plates) with things like that demo. Their attitude always seemed to be like: Well... Heelys have a grind plate AND a wheel, if you don't like the wheel you can just keep it out (later they released the buttplug for their shoes).

HSL didn't realize how big the brand loyalty is to Soap Shoes(Or maybe they did and thats why they keep it somewhat around). Soapers have been shitted on a lot longer than Heelers (And mostly from the Company that produces them, not from the general public).

I can't tell you how many times i've been sent Heely's promo gear or been asked to join the Heely's team.

I'm a little scatterbrained right now from work so my thoughts may seem a little unorganized, but i'll be watching this thread from my post on to clarify anything.

BTW the only things HSL reeally needs to do is to (1)reorganize the official soap team and allow them to do official demos, and (2)release the ASides or Broadsides. I'd rather have the ASides but really all that's needed is a full plated shoe, and (3)get that shit in stores. The online store is cool and all but the only true way to get bigger is to sell them in stores (Soap shoes did good cause they sold the shoes directly from their website, as well in stores).

They may have trouble getting Soap shoes in stores cause of past sales, however if they introduce the Asides or reintroduce the Broadsides, convincing stores shouldn't be that hard considering it's almost a completely brand new product and is one that cant be found anywhere.

Retailers will argue that Heelys don't sell as great as they used to and that Soap shoes are (At this point, and to them) just Heely grind shoes with no wheel. But a full sole plated shoe is unique in this market and at a 80-90 price pt, it is way cheaper than trying to obtain one online (If you ever find it).

Feb 11, 2008Wesker

PS- I really wish I could edit/spell check automatically on this cripple forum, why aren't more people posting at another forum? SG is (Although, I feel for a lot longer, like why the hell do we need any heelys info on this site?) following the same vein as HSL and doesn't give a crap anymore.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Wesker,
based on what you said, you think HSL is responsible for fucking up soap. And you're right. The problem is, it apparently makes you and everyone else on here think heelys are gay/for little kids, and a completely stupid sport compared to soaping.

Do what we do. Take your anger out on the compay. Not the heelers.

P.S. if there were more soapers there than heelys, then it was still a soap shoes demo ;)

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

Lets make sure that doesn't happen again with this demo. If someone comes with proof that they represent heelys and they say heelys own soaps then they might be able to do something like this again if precautions aren't made.

Feb 11, 2008RamenRadio

Kain, he's saying that's what most people think. If you want to broadcast that to the whole general public, do it.

But nonetheless, that's what people think.

And it's pretty stupid to have heeling going on at a SOAP demo. Even one pair is awkward for everyone wearing soap shoes and not heelys.

Why does HSL want to fight us? They own the god damn patent. Use it to make sales HSL.

Seriously, they were freaking stupid to just give up on the asides.

They should have released those shoes and convince the retailers that they would sell.

We know that the broadsides would sell because over 500 people are waiting hungry to buy a pair.

And that's with barely any advertising at all.

I always walk into a Journeys and ask what ever happened to soap shoes, and they said that soap was dead.

I just take out a pair of mine, show them the sssoapshop, and they are hoping to buy a pair.

All I did was show a website, and they wanted to buy a pair.

Maybe HSL should give soap a chance for once.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Ramen,
I'm not sure what you want my to broadcast....

Ayway, are you gonna reserve that park for soapers only the day of the demo? B/c if you aren't, there are gonna be skaters/bikers/bladers there. Why would it be any more stupid for heelers to be there than them when the demo's going on? :P

Haven't you figured it out yet? ALL RETAILERS ARE STUPID. That's why NO ONE wanted to sell the a-sides.

HSL should stop holding soap's head under the water.

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

Retailers think that soap is completly dead and they can't get them even if they tried.

If the retailers knew they still existed then the retailers would request to sell them.

What would be a really bad move for heelys is not to deny the request to sell.

That would mean that they are trying to kill the idea.

I thought of something a while ago.

What if the heelys idea back before heelys was under patent by Soap?

And if it went unnoticed while heelys were making a major profit and then heelys bought soap. Then Heelys may have gone around to go and buy soaps just so they can have the right to make HEELYS AT ALL. And then they would switch around the the patents and claim that they always had the patent and they just had to "renew it". We know that if we took out what soaps already made from a heelys shoe then not only would they not have wheels or plates but they would be uncomfortable also.
We also have reason to believe that the people at heelys are not very creative and that almost everything they have done has been done before or even by the fanbase.
Do you think they were creative enough to create heelys on their own?
And the fact that the founder was a soap worker.

Anything you would like to add to this or disprove would be recommended so I can understand more of it.

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

Also I heard something about a binding contract with soap and heelys that expires this year. What is this about?

Feb 11, 2008Kain

idk what the contract's about, but......

not creative? We came up with megavert wheels :P

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

And Kain, of course sk8rs, bmxers, and bladers will be there.

And yes, it is stupid for one of team Heelys to show up. Soap has an attitude on its own. If i bunch of kids showed up rolling around the ramps and shit, the people there are gonna be pissed

Feb 11, 2008Revengasaur

There are a couple skateparks up here that no skaters will go to because of kids on heelies. Likewise there are parks that if you showed up with heelies on somebody would probably kill you... literally.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Antho,
well why isn't it stupid for the skaters to be there?

By ppl getting pissed, do you mean soapers or spectators?

btw....WE'RE NOT ALL KIDS O_o

Revengasaur,
well that's a good thing for heelers.

and if anyone tried to kill me, I'd probably just hold them down and torture them till they ran away screaming and bleeding. So no problems =D

Feb 11, 2008AnthoFlex

Becuase skaters are kickass, thats why i like them to be there

You got something against skaters dude? I'm one of them

Feb 11, 2008xJeremiahx

I skateboard probably 10 times more than I soap.

Several of my skateboarding friends either bought soaps or want to buy soaps because of what they see me do with them.

I think having skateboarders and skateboard spectators there will only help spread the awareness that soap still exists and is bad ass.

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

Heelys made the mega vert wheels or the heelers?

Also I have no idea what a mega vert wheel is.
What makes them special?

Feb 11, 2008Kain

Antho,
I have something against them if you think they're any more kickass than us.

Soapdreamer,
Heelers themselves invented the megavert wheel. Not HSL. A megavert wheel is a home made wheel made of two skateboard wheels shaven down and glued together.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

No offense, but i dont see heelers grinding down 100 stair handrails with like 10 switchups and i dont see heelers FS flipping 10-sets

Catch my drift?

I'm always gonna like Sk8rs, bladers, BMXers, and Scooters WAY more than i like Heelers.

And last time i checked, its my demo, not yours

; )

Feb 12, 2008Wesker

Kain,

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said I hated anyone, and if you knew me, you'd know that I don't (And never did).

I am just trying to explain things to you. Soapers will hate Heelers because (And this is what happened in the begining) Heelers always roll up to us and instantly start saying: "Hey those are cool, but why don't you just get a pair of Heely's instead? You can just take the wheel out!".

That is what all Heelers say to Soapers, even the ones at the pro level. David and his crew had a private Yahoo message board before they were talking in even runandroll.com and they invited me to it. I talked with them and generally had a good time until all their threads that I responded to in there just became them trying to recruit me for Heelys. Same thing when I met up with Coop to session at his college in NY. I brought my grails to be nice but I didn't really like using them, he told me there were some sweet rails to grind but there weren't really any.

To Heelers, Soap shoes is just a crippled product, and to us Soapers, that's just not true. It's a completely different lifestyle product.

We know that all Heelers are not kids, but the majority of them are. Just turns out that the majority of Soapers are usualy not younger than 14 and normally older than 17.

It also turns out that most Heelers are comfortable with their grinding abilitys and when they actually are pulling of stylish good tricks (It happens), they're ruined because they're being done on a practice rail. Most Heelers want to learn 2 grinds to compliment their larger goal of doing 360's, crabwalks, and dropping in on a ramp.

Feb 12, 2008rhinoskater30

ok i've done those heelys tricks when i had heelys a couple years back, they arent exciting to me, to little kids maybe, and kain, i guess...

sooner or later i'd like speed and adrenaline, the stuff that soap gives you, and that doesn't come from a practice rail either.

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

Instead of expanding your tricks with heelys, it's almost like you are declining the possibilities.

Especially how uncomfortable the shoes are, and practically always be.

yep, the heel part is like a weird foamy plasticy crap thing, and it goes "clomp clomp" whenever you walk without the wheel and it goes "clack clack" whenever you walk with it

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

Not just that.

How uncomfortable it is to wear the shoes with the wheel. It's like high heels.

Feb 12, 2008DarkVermillion

Plus, HSL is wasting alot of money making stupid shoes like that X-Box controller shoe which every review I've read on it said it looked ridiculous. If Heelys can waste money making retarded clown shoes, why can't they actually put some style into the SOAPS they make?

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

It's like I said.

SELL SOAP SHOES = MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You have to talk to them like they are monkeys, and they still don't get it.

SELL SOAP SHOES = PEOPLE HAPPY

Feb 12, 2008sam

Hahaha, Kain i really hope you don't think that Bmxers, bladers, or skaters will be hating on soap shoes at this demo. Trust me, they all DIG soaps. :)

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

HEY! HEY HSL!!!!!!

GOO GOO GAH GAH GOO GAH GOO!!!!!!!

You guys understand that? Then what will brooks and the rest at HSL understand?

The new CEO must be pretty smart though. At least I'm hoping.

Because I'm sick of HSL's shit.

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

H
S
L

H
A
T
E
S

M
O
N
E
Y

Hey, it's true.

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

They hate it so much, they should might as well just give it all away.

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

Wait, isn't that what they do? Don't they just pay little kids?

Feb 12, 2008sam

Dude, travis you might want to watch what you say. Like seriously, if you want HSL to help soaps your not going to do it by bashing the company that owns them...

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

Hey, Kain and Seth said it too. I'm just being supportive. :D

Just playing around Sam, chillz. W.E. I'll stop.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Dude, we're done bashing, cut it out

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Y'know, you guys are wasting your time trying to throw your opinions out here.......

I ALREADY BELIEVE MOST OF THE STUFF YOU DO

except, of course, that heeling is for little kids. Rolling around doing flatland tricks isn't exciting, but neither is doing that on a skateboard. That's why most heelers move up to vert. A lot of heelers are adults, I'd say more than half. There are tons of little kids that skateboard, yet they never get any crap from ppl.

I also agree about those stupid Gamers (the xbox controller thingys). HSL should spend money on stuff that ppl would BUY.

And Antho, about the 100 ft rail thing....
a soaper could do the same thing on heelys. It's not the product, it's the ppl using it. The point is, most heelers concentrate more on getting better at vert. Out of all the time I spend at skate parks, 1/4 or less is practicing grinding.

And ppl keep talking about how they're uncomfortable and make loud noises. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. You have to give up comfort for quality. I mean, you never see ppl walking around in blades, do you? I take the wheel out when I'm not at a skate park. Besides, no shoe that's designed for stuff like this is perfect. I'd love to see just ONE person on here who hasn't slipped on their grind plates just walking around.

1. skateboarding IS cool on flatland
2. no heelys shouldn't be uncomfortable, and they should be good quality

it sounds like you're sticking up for a something that is just crap

as for nothing is designed perfect, that is true, but somewhere along the line you have to get something that is at least close to perfect. that means the company isn't any good if nothing ever gets better, soaps did until HSL bought them

you can't say "hey john this shoe is crap"

John: "yeah well, at least it will sell"

John's mind: "I hope..."

In short, there comes a time when making things with poor quality isn't an accident/cute anymore. There has to be improvement.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
that's what HSL is trying to improve. The evolutions are more comfortable than any pair of heelys I've ever worn, and with the reflex suspension system, they'd be awesome.

sorry, no, i beg to differ

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

Renny, did I say I'm done?

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Oh shit, you did not just diss street skating...

haha, you stupid little kid...Eat 5boro you little prick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6b7fER5HGg

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Travis, who you talkin to like that?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
you've worn evos?

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

I'm just saying I said I was done.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
.....who was that vid directed at?

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

Just wondering what you were doing, I said I was done dude....

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

you bro, watch the damn video it

street skateboarding isn't exciting? watch the vid

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Travis just leave it alone, its all good. Just watch your wording a bit, because it sounded like you lashed at me

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
......when did I say street skating wasn't awesome? O_o

I'm just saying, it's not as exciting (fast/thrilling) as vert.

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

XD

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

XD

XD
XD
XD
XD
XD

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOoOoOooooOOooOOOOooOoOw.....

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Street is faster than vert.

Vert isnt exactly exciting to me. It looks cool, yea. But i like street better

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Eh, you can do what you want to do lol.

Heelys go pretty fast on street, but vert is still more exciting to me.

Feb 12, 2008Wesker

And thats where most if not all Soapers differ from Heelers. Skateparks are cool and all but we're pretty much 100% street.

Kain,
You're doing the same thing:

"a soaper could do the same thing on heelys. It's not the product, it's the ppl using it. "

We don't want to Heely, we're Soapers.

"And ppl keep talking about how they're uncomfortable and make loud noises. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. You have to give up comfort for quality."

Heelys were made for Heeling and Soaps were made for Soaping. We don't have to give up shoe quality when the main thing we want is to grind, not to Heely. If I wanted to Roll and Grind, i'd start Rollerblading again.

kain, actually i have worn evos and they're CRAP! XD

Feb 12, 2008Revengasaur

5boro... haven't heard a peep out of those guys for a while... this northwest isolation is getting to me. Props for getting me stoked on street again. *picks up 9" wide board and attempts to kickflip* (We could be here all night folks...)

lol... wesker. anyways, you dont give up comfort for quality dumbshit. theyre the same... a good quality shoe IS comfortable. that just proves that heelys are shit.

Feb 12, 2008Revengasaur

Have you ever seen the heelies kids that walk like they have a dook in their drawers? Funniest thing ever. (I know it's a small slice of the heeling world, but man those things just look so uncomfortable from what I've seen.)

Feb 12, 2008Revengasaur

P.S.
No offense to you heelers on here (Kain) by the way... it's just that a small, hilarious, portion your heeling brethren look like they're doing the shitstain strut.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Wesker,
I was talking about grinding only.

Soap shoes are gonna be more comfortable than heelys no matter what b/c heelys have a BIG HOLE IN THE HEEL :P

Rhino,
well I think evos are comfortable, and so does every other heeler. Maybe we're just used to it.

Revengasaur,
exactly. That's why I pop the wheel out to walk places :P

Basically, if I have the wheel in, it's b/c I'm going somewhere or doing a trick.

there aren't "tricks" there are just spins I'd call them dicks. Yeah, Heelers do dicks, and that's not right.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

I dont think you can really use Heelys to get from place to place....every little rock/crack or rocky surface will send you flying on your face

Feb 12, 2008xJeremiahx

remember kids crack kills.

Seriously, even on a skateboard. Especially when I am setting up for fakie or nollie tricks.

Feb 12, 2008Revengasaur

I used to skate teeny little wheels (like under 50mm) back in the 90's because I skated mainly street. Absolutely anything I hit would send me flying. Now I skate 60mm wheels and I can run over most anything.

I like the heelies tricks on flatland, it reminds me of freestyle skateboarding.
I just hope they never do routines to music... like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-nKomN4Ww
Primo is a god, but what the fuck was he thinking?

Feb 12, 2008xJeremiahx

You have to admit that they still had skillz. Especially to do all that in sync.

I have to admit that I do like what some people do with heelys. It is just not for me.

Even though heelys and soaps are both shoes with grind plates they are still totally different.

In heelys people go out and try to do tricks and roll around and do their thing.

With soaps it is more about daily life. It's about going grocery shopping, seeing a rail, and then grinding it because you can.

You don't have to worry about going back to your car to get your board or skates. You can grind anything you want whenever you want.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

I like that skateboarding video, it takes a lot of skill to do that

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
there are more tricks than spins we can do.

Antho,
I guess you've never used mega wheels lol. Even with fats, you can learn a technique called the "prohop", where you can jump over cracks/other obstacles straight off the wheels.

Revengasaur,
skating to music is awesome :P

Jerimiah,
yeah....but with heelys, you can still grind places....but you can roll wherever you go between places. It's like daily life, but with rolling as a replacement for walking lol. The only problem is, if you want them to be somewhat comfortable, you need to take the wheels out, which takes time. There, soaps has the advantage.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

I've never used ANY wheels...

Is "prohop" that little jump you do over the cracks?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
yup. It's not much useful for anything else, but if you can manage to get your wheels about an inch off the ground with it, you should never trip over a crack

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

and you guys call it "prohop"? Whats pro about it? I'm not bashing you, but who makes these names?

When you hop over a crack in sk8ing without olling, i know its called a pop, but "prohop"?

What other tricks can you do the Crapwalk?
Doing that left and right thing, that doesn't even matter, they're so stupid. And since I have Heelyed back in the day I would know that you can't "prohop" over every little crack. I used to pick one foot up then the other. It seemes retarted to just, hop.

AND...

Heelys isn't daily life, it's arthritis in the heels.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

idk lol, I wouldn't have called it that. I really don't think it takes enough skill to be called a trick of its own, but that's what it's called I guess.

Actually, Heelys gave me a little hunch in my back, cuz you can't stand straight up or you'll lose your balance, you kinda lean over a little.

Prohop does sound a little gay...

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
so bailing on soap shoes is daily life? :P

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
I stand straight up just fine, and bend my knees most of the time

Not when you're good enough to not bail and to know when to and not to grind unlike the little bastards that roll around everywhere, including into me.

I have a serious question, how old are you?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

*sigh*...I guess you missed the whole convo before....

I'm 15, I'll be 16 in about a month.

And we don't just roll around places or into ppl. I've never heard of ANYONE from heelychat crashing into someone/something.

btw....I never knew there was a time you weren't supposed to use soaps......lol....

you don't grind every second of your life.

I feel sorry for you, because that's about my age. I just talked to a friend that I used to Heelys with when we were like 10 and he was all "Heelys were okay then but they're gay."

You've never heard it probably because they would be too embarrased to let anyone know they're not as good as they thought.

"Oh no I suck at Heelys waaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
Big deal, dude. Just leave. Know one wants you or that heely girl and other guy except for you all.

*No one

Feb 12, 2008Kain

And that's the problem.

HSL will never give you anything you want if you never respect us. I could just as easily say you guys suck with your soap shoes. Let's see you do some vert or street with them. But you don't, b/c you all pwn at grinding. Y'know what, I used to be one of the crowd that thought soap shoes were useless b/c I had grinding heelys, until I found out how different soap shoes were.

H2, the "heely girl", is one of the best, possibly the best heeler I know. She thinks she's good, and she is. And so do I.

Soap shoes aren't any less "kiddy" than heelys. Before you ask, that's not an insult, b/c heelys aren't kiddy.

I would never say soapers suck, but heelers don't either.

YOU GUYS REALLY THINK Y'ALL ARE THE SHIT, HUH?

When the fuck would you see someone with two wheels on shoes going back and forth on a halfpipe and they would be considered cool?

For little 10 year old kids, that's fine, but when you're at the age where you can drive and you use Heelys and tell me that not only is it fun but is transportation it is just sad.

I don't care about what HSL sees on here, what we talk about on this site like right now is not relevant at all to the fact that HSL isn't doing a good job with their product.

I do get pissed when "Heelers" come on here and start trying to tell me and others that Heelys and Soaps are equal. You know just as damn well as I do that they are not. I think every one here would agree.

I have nothing against Heelers, but yes, it is pathetic that you still Heely and even though you may not mention it or even think it, you consider yourselves "cool" and "extreme." They are just fun to wear around but not as a sport and I think everyone that Soaps would agree.

You're such in denile that you tell me that they're not kiddy. Look around you dipshit, what's the majority of the population that's wearing them, little kids. That is totally fine. But you're not doing a single damn thing to help Soaps, and since you claim that Heelys are comfortable and you can still grind and that they are equal, then you shouldn't even want to help anyways.

You're so messed up I can't even fathom it. People that Heely can be cool. But people that Heely and try to be cool, like yourself, are not.

There's no point in you even coming here. You have you're own Heelys chat thing. Take your comments to a group that will accept you.

'Cause this group sure as hell doesn't seem to accept you.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Rhino is SG's Vegeta, haha

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Dude, you have no idea how messed up what you just said was....

First of all....we don't think we're "the shit", we're no better than skaters, bladers, or soapers. And actually....pretty much all of my friends think "going back and forth on a halfpipe" is fun and cool.

Heeling is fun, and I'm an environmentalist, so I like to go places on my heelys that are in walking distance.

I never said heelys and soaps are equal. I've said time and time again that soaps are better for grinding.

The reason you think soaping is "just for fun" is b/c you're 100% street. When something is good enough to be on vert, it's more than just something to do for fun.

Your problem is you pay too much attention to other ppl. You end everything you say with "and the other soapers will agree". You also mention "the MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION" would just use them to roll around Wal-Mart and look like an idiot. Heelys aren't as comfortable as soaps, and soaps have a better grind. That's why I do want to help.

idk about most heelers, but me, H2, and Merlyn are like most of you soapers....we don't try to be cool, we do it as if it's nothing, and just have fun with it. I would spend all my time on heelychat, but solidgrind has something heelychat doesn't. Soap shoes.

(btw....do you live in a cave? A lot of ppl here like me now...)

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Actually, Vert on soaping would be angled handrails. Vert for you guys are mini's and quarterpipes

Feb 12, 2008Kain

We don't care what the majority of ppl do, we're in this to develop something that was never meant to be as far as it is now.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
heelers have skated 12 ft. halfpipes.....

Feb 12, 2008Kain

So not just mini ramps.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

The reason you think soaping is "just for fun" is b/c you're 100% street.

Vert is no better than street dudem its all preferences. So don't make it sound like Heelys is "extreme" and not "just for fun" because you guys try to do vert

Dude, I'm my own person, this is truely what I believe. You even say you're trying to bring Heelys into a halfpipe. There's no fun and no point to that, you'd go faster if you'd run back and forth on soaps anyways.

and dude, who the fuck likes you here, two other heelers?

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

You've skated 12 foot halfpipes? 12 feet long? or 12 feet high?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
I know what you're saying.....in a way heeling is just for fun, b/c we have fun doing it. I"m just saying most heelers use heelys as their main skating sport, where most soapers skate on something else (board, blades, bmx)

Rhino,
I'd like to see you run down 6-8 foot halfpipes and get more speed than us without looking like a fag. You basically just said that vert on skateboards and blades is pointless too. More than two other heelers like me.

Antho,
yeah, 12 ft. tall....idk how long though. Maybe around 8-10 ft...

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Nope, thats where ur wrong. A 12 foot halpipe looks like this:

http://www.grindco.net/images/halfpipep3.jpg

It reaches FULL vert...this means, if you drop into it, thats a 3 foot VERTICAL drop. You can't drop into that on your heels unless you were braking the full 3 ft down, and some of the transition.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude ; )

dude i stfg i could, in fact, i've done it before without your mega wheel shit too

and we don't compare ourselves to other things like skateboarding or anything, you mother fuckers do

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
um....yeah.....that's exactly the kind of pipe I was talking about....

how do you think bladers drop into that?

Rhino,
and you looked completely gay, didn't you?

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Bladers don't drop in with their Heels ONLY dude, they have 4 (and sometimes 2) wheels on each foot. The feet are FLAT AGAINST the drop AND transition the WHOLE WAY DOWN.

I know wtf im talking about dude, don't argue with me.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Kain, where do you live anyway?

no i dropped in, rolled back and forth and was like "that was a waste of 30 seconds"

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
well you can't compare yourself to them. You don't use wheels :P

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
.....you rolled on soap shoes????

Antho,
I will argue with you, b/c I've seen it done

i did dumbass how do think i'd drop in
:P to you too bitch

i said I HAD HEELYS, are you fuckin blind?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
yeah, but you also talked about running up and down the ramps with soap shoes

it probably wasn't fun b/c you sucked. Nobody's good at something the first try.

kain,
you've seen a Heeler drop three feet down on a half pipe with out falling, it is physics dude

if your weight is on your heels and you drop in you WILL fall

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

Haha, you have no idea what ur up against. Trust me dude, i've been "rolling" for WAY longer than you have.

So i'd completely stfu if i was you, stupid kid

stfu roll now son, youve made me do it!!!!

Feb 12, 2008Kain

You obviously know nothing about the physics of heelys.......

When you're on a rail, you balance your weight on your back foot. so if you grind a handrail with your front foot only, you WILL fall...........
yet ppl do it. wtf?

shut the fuck up!

shut the fuck up!

shut the fuck up!

shut the fuck up!

shut the fuck up!

shut the fuck up!

shut the fuck up!

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
you obviously haven't been heeling longer than me, you're a soaper. So don't talk about heelers as if you're one of them. You skateboard, right? Try being good at vert on blades the first time. Everything takes a different skill, just b/c you're good at one thing doesn't mean you're good at everything else

you sound like you do, kain

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

You guys obviously don't understand physics. Its possible to grind with one foot kain...its NOT possble to drop in completely horizontal on a 12 foot TOTALLY VERTICAL halfpipe on your HEELS.

It just cant be done. Now, if ur talking about jumping in, and not actually drop in (Stall on your shoe and angle in) then yea, THATS possible. But looks stupid on Heelys

Feb 12, 2008Kain

.....I sound like I do what?

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

When i meant rolling, i meant Sk8ing and blading. You'd never catch me wearing fucking Heelys. I refuse to do so

yeah, its like you get shot in the head and fall forward, but if you do like what antho said, you'll probably fall forward because of speed

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
I have no idea what "angle-in" is......but seriously, if I've seen a heeler do it and you haven't, who are you to say it's impossible?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Antho,
well of course not, you're a soaper.

Rhino,
if you get shot in the head, you usually fall backwards. I would know.....

i'll say you're an emo son of a bitch

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

its physics dude, thats why.

yup yup

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
yup, and proud of it

Antho,
skaters have always existed to screw physics

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

You cant screw physics smartass. And once and for all, Heelers cant drop into a 12-foot halfpipe like this:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/AnthoFlex/heelydropin.jpg

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

you cant drop in completely horizontal on a 12 foot HALFPIPE on your HEELS

Feb 12, 2008Kain

we can, and WE FUCKING HAVE.

If I knew where to find the vid, I'd show you.

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

if you can show me a video, i'll gladly shut up, AND apologize

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

until then, you cant "screw" physics, punk, haha

lol

kain ur emo shit

Feb 12, 2008Kain

*going to look for them*

bitch

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

rhino, cut it out. I'm trying to prove a point, not bash the kid.

Just leave him alone

Feb 13, 2008Kain

*agrees with Antho*

Feb 13, 2008Kain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u52Qvta9Zo

this vid, from 1:07 to the end

Feb 13, 2008AnthoFlex

You almost got me. Although im not gonna argue anymore, those dudes were kneeling in one foot at a time.

Also i think thats an 8 footer, probably a 10, but def not a 12. So you kinda proved your point. Its good enough though

Feb 13, 2008AnthoFlex

12 foot stays vertical for higher than that

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Well, there's another vid of two heelers dropping in on it for the first time, and it says "the 12 ft drop in".

And yeah, that's the way heelers drop in. Actually.....if it's much lower than that, we just jump in. We stand back and jump into the ramp instead of just stand at the edge and lean in, it gets more speed.

Feb 13, 2008Wesker

Kain,

Why would you mention Vert with Soap shoes? It doesn't make sense. We don't "drop in" on half-pipes or anything like that because it's impossible to do so without wheels. You need wheels to do something like that. Without wheels it's obviously not the same thing and takes absolutely no skill whatsoever besides being able to catch your footing jumping down.

Now if you meant Soapers and Vert as grinding in skateparks... That's fun for just fun or practice, but Soaping really shines on harder things to grind out in the world. Not easy things in a skatepark that are made for just that and force you to wear safety gear.

I have seen the Heely videos of Heelers dropping in on half-pipes and that's kinda cool that they finally figured that out, but that's just not my bag.

Once again, you won't find any hate from me (towards anyone) but whenever someone affiliated with Heelys trys to "help out" Soap shoes for whatever reason, it just ends up aiding Heelys so don't take my distrust of you or HSL as offensive.

And when responding to me, please read exactly what I said and respond fully, not just to certain parts, theres a reason why I am addressing you.

The best thing you can do is stop trying to compare Soap shoes and Heelys in any aspect or mention Heelys to us AT ALL.

We don't Heely. We don't like Heelys (The product, not the Heelers) and this (Besides some retarded moves on Dereks part) is NOT a Heelys msg board. We talk about Soap shoes. If you want to talk about Soap shoes, then you're more than welcome here and I am sure no one would ever have a problem with you, but why bother mentioning Heelys to a group of people YOU KNOW won't take kindly to it?

Feb 13, 2008Megashadow77

Cuz he's fuggin' retarded.....

Feb 13, 2008AnthoFlex

Shut up Mike. Stop flaming.

everyone right now, STOP FUCKING FLAMING

Feb 13, 2008Megashadow77

Okay, Okay. Look, I'm sorry. I'm just a smart elec....

but Wesker has a point, if you know you're gonna get flamed, why come here in the first place?

Feb 13, 2008AnthoFlex

Its all good, just everyone, seriously, cool it

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Megashadow,
I didn't know I was going to get flamed :P

Wesker,
Well I only mentioned that b/c rhino said he could get more speed just running up and down the halfpipe on soap shoes lol....
but dropping in on heelys does take skill. Not as much as a skateboard, but still....

Yeah, I know soap shoes are better on street.

I'm not trying to get you or anyone else here to heel on vert, street, or anything else. I'm just trying to get respect and to stop the flaming. I like talking about soap shoes, but when ppl keep flaming heelys, I can't just sit back and listen.

When I came here, I didn't know soapers didn't like heelys. I knew they didn't like HSL b/c of what they did to soaps (and so do most heelers), but I didn't think they had such a deep hatred for the heelers themselves.

Feb 13, 2008Megashadow77

You know what....

Kain. You're cool with me. Do your thing. This is a shoe-grindin' website, and that includes heelys.

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Mega,
sure........

but I still want a pair of real soaps...lol....

Feb 13, 2008xJeremiahx

Kain,
You've got my respect bro. People brabably flame because they are young and stupid. I know when I was young I hated on the bladers.

I know now that it's all in personal preference. We are all having fun doing what we do so why hate?

P.S.
Mini ramp soaping at 1min5sec:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezJX6SUXtJ0

I know I suck but I filmed that after only soaping for about a month.

Feb 13, 2008Revengasaur

Wow, you sure are a glutton for punishment Kain... respect for not devolving into the FUCK U FUCKIN FAGS stance that most people take when berated. I've seen a pre-teen kid jump into the 11 foot section of the big bowl at pier park here in portland. I won't even drop into that thing because it's as scary as shit.
http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_skate/OR/portland/portland-pierpark4.jpg
He did what we skaters call an acid drop (in his case running and jumping in, hitting the vert wall on the way down) That thing has a ton of vert... frankly I have no fucking clue how he didn't loop out and die on the spot. (No helmet.) So basically Kain, heelies are not my thing, and I hate Emo kids but for some reason I like you. You're a sobering presence in here and to me you're just another dude who wants to grind on his feet in his spare time. I say if you care to have these dudes respect go get soaps for the SSSoap shop, drop some media when you get good enough, and get respect.

Feb 13, 2008rhinoskater30

Nothings wrong with Heelys or Heelers, it's just certain things bug me. As for that Tec video thing, I'm still not feeling it. They go back and forth, stall/ grind 1 foot and go back down. It would be a little more spectacular to drop in a 12' pipe. Only because there is a vertical drop.

to me, it's like, why not just blade?

Feb 13, 2008Megashadow77

Cuz, heeling and blading are different.

Quit ripping on something you aren't a part of. You're just making yourself seem like a dick.

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Jerimiah,
nice boarding. Hope you got better at soaping lol.

Revengasaur,
of course I am.
And that 11 ft. jump in.....you mean he did it on blades, or heelys?

btw, I'm going to FDR park in Philly this march after my b-day for an hcg (heelychat gathering), and I'm gonna teach a few ppl some tricks. They have some round rails there, and probably a few handrails between the park and the hotel. I could get some grinding pics/vids and submit them here.

Rhino,
yeah, we're kinda bugged by it too. ppl on skateboards and blades can do stalls and grinds on vert but you can also do a huge variety of air tricks. On heelys, at least so far, all you can do is air out a few feet. Once we figure out how to get enough speed, we'll try to get some good air tricks.

I could say the same thing about you though.....why not just get on your blades and grind? Soaping is different than blading, that's why you choose to do it.

btw, anyone who skateboards with soap shoes, are they light? I can never ollie on my board when I'm wearing my heelys, but it might just be the heel bracket for the wheel weighing me down....it's really bulky too.

P.S. Revengasaur,
well.....I've had to deal with a lot of betrayal before....and I found the best thing to do is keep your cool and stop them from doing it. If you can't stop them, ignore it. If you flame them back, it'll just make them mad, but sometimes if you ignore the flaming and try to cooperate, they cool down along with you, and they listen to reason more easily.

Kain,
Because Soaps are casual shoe.
"Shoes for the daily grind."

They're not like, "hey let's show this kid up"
They're more like, "Dude that's a sweet rail, let's hit it and get a slurpee at the gas station."

Soaps are more layed back, and Heelys could be too, but it seems as if they (Heeling community) try to make it seem better than it really is.

I realize that Soaps are just shoes with plastic, but Heelys aren't any better. They're a bit uncomfortable and they just have plastic wheel.

This is one reason why I don't brag about these things, they're just fun. If someone can do a trick and I can't then

FUCK THEM!!!

Just kidding. I'm just like, how do you do that!

?

I really don't mean any harm or disrespect, but when people make a big deal out of nothing, that's when I get mad.

I deal with it with my little brother EVERY DAY!!!

Feb 13, 2008Wesker

Kain,

There is instant hatred for Heelers because they normally try and get us to Heel or ask why we would use Soaps when we can just take the wheel out of a Heelys shoe.

I know you're not doing that, and it's great. But that isn't the response most Heelers give.

If you want to talk Heelys, you're probably better off staying at Heelychat, but if you've come to talk Soap shoes (And you have), then you're more than welcome to be around.

Feb 13, 2008Wesker

Although the thing I hate most about Heelers who find out about Soap shoes is:

"Oh man we gotta tell HSL what cool things Soap shoes have done and apply these things to Heelys!"

Things like using old plates or removeable plates for Heelys, not really knowing that the reason HSL stopped making removeable plated shoes was because they made the shoes too heavy which was some concern they had heard about when they originally bought the company.

They did say they were working on a new way to do it so it's lighter, but I am sure it was an after-thought that was abandoned as quickly as the brand was.

But anyway, saying things like that just trys to shove Soap shoes farther down the line.

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Rhino,
well.....most heelers I know use heelys for both. At the last gathering at Vertigo (a skate park in CT owned by Merlyn), when they weren't skating, they were heeling down to the local restaurant to get some burgers. Heelys were meant to be used to just go places for fun, but they CAN be used for tricks for the ones who want it.

What you say you do with grinds, I do the same thing with a vert trick, and it's helped me a lot.

Wesker,
Well that's it....soapers stereotype heelers. I'm on this site to talk about soap shoes, not force heelys down everyone's throat.

And actually......I'm the first one that thought of combining heelys and the removable plates, at lest on heelychat. idk who came up with it before me. I didn't think they were any heavier than express plates.

You seem to be forcing it down our throats. Just talk about Soaps and we'll be fine. Just because Heelys have grindplates, doesn't mean you should talk about it all the time. Let's face it, you are a little too old for Heelys. And since everyone (or pretty much everyone) else here doesn't care for them either, just don't even talk about them.

And, there is a steriotype because it is the truth, most Heelers are little kids. Don't go talking to everyone going "hey it's the new big sport." You might deny you do that but is the truth, and Heelys is just a weak form of blading.

Yeah, Soaps kinda are too, but we don't try to act like we're number one at something stupid.

It is what it is, and all we want are more Soaps.

Feb 13, 2008xJeremiahx

Kain,

FYI, skateboarding in soaps sucks. I have tried it several times and I hate it.

Although I have worn soaps on my back foot and did a nose-slide with my front foot on the board and my back foot grinding on the soaps.(almost like a Mizuo stance)

It's not so much the weight of the shoes that mess me up. It's the grind plate. If I don't land a trick perfectly on the bolts they fuck me up.

P.S.
Don't listen to these guys who say you are to old to heely. Do what makes you happy man. The same could and has been said about me and soaps(I'm 25).

Feb 13, 2008Revengasaur

I skated in my soaps yesterday... I did a bunch of flip tricks on my friends tiny board. It was okay.

Feb 13, 2008AnthoFlex

I skate in my soaps all the time, its never a problem for me

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Rhino,
well you guys aren't too old for soaps, are you?
Most of the ppl I know who are better than me are between 17 and 30 (except H2, she's 13).

It's not like we go around bragging about how good we are to ppl. We know bladers and skateboarders are better than us, but we're just doing our own thing.

Feb 13, 2008AnthoFlex

Theres no age limit on soaps Kain

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Antho,
YES!!!!!

and there's not one on heelys either! :P

yeah cuz soaps are alway comfortable, you cant wear hard heeled heelys when youre getting up in youre years :P

though it would still be a waste

Feb 13, 2008RamenRadio

Aye peops talkin shizz about u!

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Yeah....when you're like......50 :P

Someone on heelychat keeps trying to convince me that soaps are pointless b/c you can take the wheel out and grind on heelys.....it's like....dude......if you just want to grind without rolling, soaps are better b/c they don't have a HOLE IN THE HEEL THAT FEELS LIKE A SLAB OF CONCRETE :P

y'all sorta do brag too

Feb 13, 2008Kain

*feet are sore from walking all day in evos*

feet aren't sore from walking in soaps!

Feb 13, 2008ShadowSoaper

hmmm....

Fire is much more entertaining when you are only watching the blaze, and not caught in it yourself.

Feb 13, 2008RamenRadio

ROFL

Feb 13, 2008Kain

*is jealous of Rhino and wants soaps*

Feb 13, 2008Kain

Shadowsoaper,
so how did that fortune cookie taste?

lol

Feb 14, 2008AnthoFlex

Christ Kain, calm the fuck down. I know theres no age limit on Heelys either.

But you dont see TOO many people above 12 wearing Heelys

Feb 14, 2008Kain

Antho,
sorry lol....I drank an energy drink before I typed that.

Yeah, unfortunately, you're right...........

but I see even less ppl on soaps in general....and it sucks

Feb 14, 2008AnthoFlex

soaps arent exactly easy to scope out

not everyone is grinding 24/7

stare at peoples shoes in a crowd and you'll find a few soaps.

at least here in NYC its like that

Feb 14, 2008AnthoFlex

probably because of me....hmm

Feb 14, 2008Kain

Antho,
maybe in NYC.....but NO ONE around here has them. I'm in a small town in Ohio.....a few ppl have heelys, but I'd guess most of us don't even know what the hell soaps are LOL.

And the age group of "the majority of the population" with heelys is growing, b/c all the ppl I've seen with them are in my classes at school.

....correction, I went to the skate park once, and one guy knew what soaps were and thought I had a pair b/c of my evos.

Feb 14, 2008AnthoFlex

the population of Ohio is like everyone on this forum HAHA

But most of the people wearing soaps in NYC is mostly because of me. Not to brag, but its true. Just look at it

Feb 14, 2008Megashadow77

no soaps around here XD

Feb 14, 2008RamenRadio

Yeah, thanks to dalton destroying them....

Feb 14, 2008Revengasaur

Dude, I've only seen one other person wearing soaps in my life, this one kid back in like the 7th grade had them... I was like LOL WAT... YR SHOOZ 4 GRIND? If only I had paid attention.

Feb 14, 2008Megashadow77

Wow, Revengasaur, I lol'd.

Feb 14, 2008xJeremiahx

Yeah, back in high school there where two blader kids that had soaps. I wanted them but I was poor.

Other than that it's just me and Bo around here. And bo lives about 3 hours away so we don't soap much together.

Feb 14, 2008RamenRadio

Woa, you guys do good for being so far apart dude.

Props.

Feb 14, 2008Revengasaur

I remember thinking about getting some too, but like Jeremiah I was born into a lower finical bracket.

Feb 14, 2008xJeremiahx

Well we have been best bros since kindegarten. We hang out whenever possible since we both work a lot. Most of the time we skateboard but now that Bo soaps we have been doing that as well.

Feb 14, 2008rhinoskater30

well antho, i'll be one more out of the 100 million ppl in NYC when I come visit this summer!

Feb 14, 2008Kain

Jerimiah,
well....I have a friend that I heel with, and he's down in KY. About 3-4 hours away lol......and he has a friend named Korey that likes soaps. He's pretty good at grinding.

Feb 15, 2008Revengasaur

So, most of you guys are from the Midwest or the East Coast yeah?
Anybody else from the West coast?

Feb 15, 2008Kain

Well......Korey's the only soaper from heelychat I know. There are heelers on the west coast, but.....well....they're heelers lol

Feb 15, 2008Revengasaur

Hmh. I need to get some of my retarded friends from up here to get soaps.

Feb 15, 2008RamenRadio

I could say the same thing for my friends, but most of them already have soaps and kinda don't care.

Feb 15, 2008Kain

lol

I would try to convince ppl on heelychat to get on solidgrind and get soaps, but......they freak out when I talk about soaps at all. They're like, "this is HEELYchat" :P

Feb 15, 2008heelyhailey

Kain, you cant possibly not understand where we're coming from. On SG your talking about Heelys. On heelychat your talking about soaps.

Something there just looks like it could easily be fixed.

Feb 15, 2008Kain

See.....that's the only thing everybody sees. Just like everything else. ppl tend to think of the worst things first. I've been on heelychat a long time, and the whole time I TALKED ABOUT HEELYS. On solidgrind, I talk about soaps WAY more than I talk about heelys, and vice versa for heelychat. The point is, if I spend 5% or less of my time talking about soaps on heelychat or heelys on solidgrind, ppl think it's annoying.

Feb 15, 2008Page645

yea on heelychat ima have to start talking about heelys o.O probablem is ima heely noob XD

Feb 15, 2008heelyhailey

kain, ok, if 5% of the time you do, we'll all be cool with it.
so when u gonna start this 5% thing?

Feb 15, 2008Kain

*can be Page's teacher*
=]

H2,
Well....as soon as it dries up over here and I can skate, I'll have a lot more heelys-related things I can talk about =D

Feb 15, 2008RamenRadio

Hey, some people would go on heelychat if it meant we can talk about soaping.

but here it's called a grind shoe website. Occasionally heeling comes up in conversations. but we talk about grinding.

Feb 15, 2008Kain

Well yeah, and soaping comes up on my convos on heelychat. The problem is the first time I mention the wrong thing on the wrong site, the flaming starts.

Feb 15, 2008Revengasaur

I was just looking at heelychat for the first time. Looks heely.

Feb 15, 2008Kain

lol.....

Feb 16, 2008AnthoFlex

Just keep the Heely talk to a minimum here.

Feb 16, 2008Kain

.....*working on it*

Feb 17, 2008shifter1254

hat might be hard being im upssesed with em

Feb 17, 2008AnthoFlex

just fucking take it to Heelychat if you're feeling the urge to blurt out something heely

Feb 17, 2008Kain

That's what I'm doing :P
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
David Martin hittin a UFO
Sequence of Bryndon sliding a huge kink.
Derek Brooks hittin a Royale
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Frontside
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin another Alley-Opp CG in Greenville, Delaware