Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Who Feels HSL isn't marketing heelys or soap shoes right?
Jan 29, 2008 by RamenRadio

Who feels that HSL isn't marketing their products right?

Whether it be Soap Shoes or heelys, I don't think they are marketing their product right at all. I have to say, I am truly upset about this. I don't think there are many people on team heelys AND team soap who do much at all.

And for the people on Team Heelys, for those that DO heely, they happen to be little kids. I don't think that kids can do much about marketing a product throughout a nation.

Sure, kids can introduce the product to kids at school maybe. But perhaps that isn't enough.

And another thing I've noticed is the lack of soap shoes activity. I don't think HSL is giving the right budgeting for the SSSoapshop, or anyone who IS sponsored for HSL or actually DOES anything!

I don't think HSL is spending their money right, and I would like to know what everyone else is thinking about it.

I mean, think of heelys as a "sport" so to speak. Shouldn't they be making more money than companies with REGULAR shoes?

But look at their stocks!
http://investors.heelys.com/index.cfm

And here, look at a company who makes ORDINARY SHOES
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=nike&;hl=en

Look at that! Heelys stocks are worth 7 bucks per stock, and NIKE is worth 58 dollars PER STOCK.

Sure I'm just looking at stocks, but I don't see any new heely products, and I don't see any new soap shoes models. I only see size 13 shoes, that's all.

Which all leads me to my question, what do you think of HSL marketing Heelys and Soap Shoes, and do you think they are doing a good job at all?
Replies

Jan 30, 2008RamenRadio

Obviously, I don't think they are doing the greatest job.

Jan 30, 2008dunk

mate... you can't just compare share prices like that, it means diddly shit if one company has a higher share price than another. Besides which, Nike are a multi-billion dollar corporation. Nike quarterly profits are around $350m, HSL's are around $15.9m. And if you read the latest financial reports it would appear HSL profits are dropping like a lead balloon right now.

Jan 30, 2008RamenRadio

Dunk, you don't see many (if not no company) that has 7 dollars per stock dude.

But you pretty much proved my point that HSL isn't making any money.

Feb 7, 2008rhinoskater30

dunk is right, i don't know shit about stock but nike is big

i also can understand that only 7 bucks isn't that great either so, yeah, maybe like 30 bucks for them would be good

I dunno

Feb 11, 2008RamenRadio

You know, I'm getting really REALLY sick of this stupid shit man.

How STUPID is HSL?

SELLING SOAP SHOES = MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm hoping this new CEO can help out. Hope he's already set up in the office.

Feb 11, 2008Kain

YOU ARE ABOSLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!

HSL sucks. They're spending all their money on stupid stuff like Gamers instead of marketing soaps/heelys as a sport.

Feb 12, 2008Altman

Hold on, marketing Soaps/Heelys as a sport? That's NO GOOD! Soaps were never meant to be an actual sport, just something to have fun with. if anything they just need to focus on getting Heelys and Soaps out there, marketing to their respective age groups, and simply release more Soap models that don't fall under the same scheme as the original HSL Soap line.

Feb 12, 2008rhinoskater30

what do yo mean like gamers, u mean giving money to the video game industry, i'm just not clear

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

rhino, you probably never heard of them (thank god, they're hideous)

There are these new shoes from HSL under the HEELYS name, called gamers...they feature no wheel, no grindplate, just a ........uhh, Xbox 360 controller, haha

Im dead serious, its a damn 360 controller

wait, it is a controller or they look or have a controller on them?

i'm still a little confused, i'd like some pics if thats possible

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

it has it's own website.

heelysgamer.com or something like that.

and it's just a 360 controller on the bottom. Not an ACTUAL controller though.

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

And yes, that is the URL

http://www.heelysgamer.com

omfg

the spin were better than this
the spin were awesome, but they had no grindplate so, yeah

these gamers are just shit

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Rhino,
you said it.

Altman,
well....personally I like to think of soaps and heelys as their own group of extreme sports. But that's just my opinion.....

they're not extreme and not meant to be, they should both be fun

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Well extreme things are fun =D

Judging by the stuff I've seen heelers and soapers do, I'd say they are.

Feb 12, 2008Altman

As "extreme" as the shoes appear, to call them a sport would be kind of foolish. Soap were made to get to rails you normally would have trouble with in terms of the po-pos showing up. From there it just sort of gained a life of it's own.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Altman,
well if they're not a real sport, why do they have demos and competitions? :P

Feb 12, 2008RamenRadio

No one has competitions.

The only kind of "competition" there is is a game of grind. And that's just a game.

Demo's are for swag and getting people to try out the shoes.

Feb 12, 2008Kain

lol.....well.....

Some ppl can think of it as just for fun. I think of it as an extreme sport, and so do some other ppl.

Everyone's going to have a different opinion.

Feb 12, 2008Soapdreamer

You realize you just called a hardcore heeler a fag. Don't you spam in a can?

Feb 12, 2008Soapdreamer

You only say that because not worthy enough to be a fag. So you try to bring other people down.

Feb 12, 2008Page645

and spamican y would a soaper jerk off to the neo? only a stupid faggot little bitch like urself would

Feb 12, 2008Page645

and if we are so stupid and getting on ur nerves y not leave this sight?

Feb 12, 2008Kain

Seriously.....if you think this place is so stupid, why'd you get an account?

Get the fuck off spamincan =_=

Feb 12, 2008AnthoFlex

just leave the loser alone, he has no life
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Anthony Soto hittin a Frontside
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Brett Dierker with a Frontside.
Wyatt Peterson sticking a backslide and throwin up Westsiiiide
Darren McCall hittin a Phat royale