Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
camera help!!!!
Jun 14, 2004 by sudz_soap

Hey, i just brought a new camera, its the mutts nutts, but when i upload vids it brings em up in a .MOV formatt...ive tried changing the format to a .mpeg etc, but it just plays the audio...is there a software or programme that can convert .MOV files into edit friendly .avi or .wmv etc...
cheers
Replies

Jun 14, 2004dunk

*clears throat*
WMV is far from edit friendly, infact, you can't edit it, period. Microsoft has specifically designed the codec so that you're unable to edit it. This allows people to distribute copyrighted media without the worry of it being cut and edited into other videos illegally. AVI is a decent format but MOV is the industry standard for digital producers which is why when you open a raw DV file it'll most likely open in Quicktime.

Any decent video editing package will edit .mov files. If you're on Mac look at Apple Final Cut or for PC Adobe Premiere.

Otherwise, upgrade to Quicktime's professional package which gives you the option to export .mov files into loadsa different formats.

Jun 14, 2004sudz_soap

cheers bud...ill use ure words of wisdom and by a decent editing package, cuz i use windows movie maker, so it cant use .MOV files...cheers m8!

Jun 14, 2004dunk

Ahh, I'm a mac boy, I dunno much about what's available in terms of video editing for PeeCees.
If it's any help my mate hooks his DV camera up to his PC laptop and captures everything through Windows Movie*ahem*shit*ahem*Maker which saves the footage in avi. format. I think there's something called Dazzle too that does a similar job.
If it was me, I wouldn't have the footage in any other format than .mov, but I hear Quicktime player is shit on Windows just as Windows Media Player is absolutely wank on Mac. Fuck you Microsoft.

Jun 14, 2004dunk

Sorry, I appear to have said that out aloud.

Jun 15, 2004Microsoft

Fuck you Dunk

Jun 15, 2004sudz_soap

well, i have over-come my dilema, i downloaded this converter software, its called RAD vid tools, and it truly is RAD!!! (excuse the punt) i use movie maker 2, i think it does the job allright, i made my first edit today!
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.
Cullen Wurzer hittin a Hittin a royale on a bike rack
Final Fantasy X hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Dario Nieva hittin a Fastslide
Louis Selby busting a frontside 'nugen during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich.