Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
What would you do if you owned SOAPS?
Dec 17, 2007 by Spano565

I was just thinking and wondering what you guys would do if you owned soaps and the Relate team.
Replies

Dec 17, 2007Spano565

Personaley, but this is just me if i was incharge of the company SOAP i would definatley advertize soaps on commercials and do tons of demos with relate.And would have Derek Brooks as my right hand man and bring Chriss Morris back to work for soap as a co- buisness partner to get great ideas.Then i would release the cleans with uhf and maybe every 4 months bring out a different soap model like schorchers, and if the public liked it i would release all the plates and keys.And bring back broadsides and every soap shoe every made then with every purchase of a soap shoe.They would be either the oNe or tWo video in adition would be six soap stickers.And so the company dosent go broke shoes would be $80-$100 bucks depending on the model, plates would cost $10-$15 dollars,soap keys would be $5 bucks.After all of that i would make acutal SOAP shops like how skate boarders have skate shops.Then i would have millons of soap shirts,stickers,and hats.And finally i would still keep out some heely models and advertise them but not as much as now because otherwise they would be like us soapers tryin to get soaps back but instead heelys.Soo what do ya think.

Dec 17, 2007AnthoFlex

If i owned soap, i'd take a better approach to advertising. Thats totally number 1.

Both In-stride and HSL never did a great job advertising soap.

Also, releasing a different variety of shoes is essential. HSL released around 6 shoes all at once that looked almost exactly the same.

Now, im not gonna go as far as to say exactly WHAT models i would have released, but you need the very appealing ones and the simple ones out.

The hottest sellers back in the day were the Sylons and Scabs. I believe that the clean was hot too, but not as hot as those two.

For reasons unknown, the Ordnance were a hot seller too. I personally hate the Ords

Dec 17, 2007RamenRadio

I like the ordinances, just as long as they weren't flints. I had mad trouble with my flints for some reason.

I just recommend not using them as your first pair of shoes, I guess you just have to get used to them. I really like the ordinance lower though. I use Kurt's Ordinance flints all the time now lol

I'd like to do a lot more advertising through not only demos, but different approaches. LIke the soap van tour, I thought that was a kick ass way to advertise. I wouldn't say doing that ALL THE TIME, but once in a while, do something awesome.

I would like to have models such as the scorcher, clean, sylons, boltars, vector, and Viva L.V. released. Those are some of my favorite shoes. I would say crowbar (for the curb buster plates), but it's very similar to the sylon. Some shoes that I consider similar, I would just figure should or might be released to (if there is a good reason for having them out, like curb busters on the crowbar, or octanes on septums).

Then again, octanes didn't need to be released on the septum, or just released on the sylons.

Dec 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Curb Busters dont have to be bounded only to the crowbars. Although they do fit best on them

Dec 17, 2007RamenRadio

So pretty much mostly to shoes that have sylon/crowbar lowers (not entirely sure about sylons though). I'll have to check it out.

But I know that curb busters may not be sold like bbks or like any other plate. Because then you might not be able to sell those since they last so freaking long lol

Dec 17, 2007blakeashake

Has anyone ever looked into how much HSL would sell the SOAP part of the company for?

this question has been in my mind for a very long time.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
David Martin hittin a UFO
Jordan Thompson hittin a Freestyle Fastslide
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Dunk hittin a Backslide
Baker hittin a Frontside