Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Whats better?
Dec 15, 2007 by Spano565

Whats better the cleans with uhf or express with the express plate??
Replies

Dec 15, 2007DarkVermillion

Cleans, because they're comfy, and you can change the plates.
Expresses tear up easily and the plates are ok.

Dec 16, 2007RamenRadio

Well spoken.

The express plate is a modified UHF original plate, so the only difference is the lock in on the express.

If I were you, I'd get the cleans and buy some bbk plates. Use the bbk plates for rails and sometimes ledges (to get a groove in the plate), and the UHF originals for curbs and ledges

Be careful with the UHF originals though

Dec 16, 2007RamenRadio

Not only that, but the express (as DarkVermilion said) is cemented, and wears down much easier than a lot of other plates.

I couldn't take using my express for much longer. After two days of using those things, I wanted a gun pointed at me XD.

Honestly, the only things that make me feel SAFE using the express would be on a rail, and especially square rails.

But I grind on a lot of curbs and ledges, not just rails.

It depends on what YOU need. Grinding on only rails, or rails, curbs and ledges (and a much more comfortable pair of shoes). I love my cleans haha

Dec 16, 2007RamenRadio

I will say this for the express however.

The express has made me learn to keep my feet steady on the rails. That is one thing I enjoy about my white express (I got rid of the grey ones, hello vectors!)

But otherwise, I can only use those things on rails. How unfortunate. :(. I don't regret it though, Ledges and curbs are getting boring anyway for me. I like jumping on rails a lot much more anyway.

Dec 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Express are not modified UHFs. They are NOTHING like the UHFs

Dec 16, 2007AnthoFlex

everyone always down's the express. Why? i have no idea. But i know the express has extremely good lock-in and speed

Dec 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

for me, express just die easily most of the time and dont grind ledges unless u use alot of wax, where as Artemis plates dont need much wax for ledges. in all the express has a nice lock in, but most time you limited to only rails instead of ledges and other stuff, and express is fast

Dec 16, 2007RamenRadio

SpiderSoaper

Thanks, that makes everything what I was trying to say a lot more simple lol

But it's not an issue of wax with me. Its more like with the express, you need to be in one EXACT position, or you're screwed. You not only need to have your feet straight, but you need to be EXACTLY on the ledge/curb. Because if you go more above it (as if you were grinding a rail), then you would go no where XD

Downing the express? We're just saying what we know from using the product. And from what Keith and I see, the express is a smaller UHF original with a strict lockin. Same with the speedster. We figure that a lot of these plates needed to come from one grind plate or another. Just look at the framework of each plate:

Octane, speedster, UHF original, Impact (depending on which impact plate), and of course the curb buster. Each of them have a similar framework, whether it be bbk, UHF original, or maybe even quickdraw XD

Dec 16, 2007AnthoFlex

ummm, yea ok

I'll read that long comment when i fully awake

Dec 16, 2007RamenRadio

Alrighty then....

Dec 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

Ramen your also right, the position thing u said is tru as well

Dec 16, 2007SpiderSoaper

Ramen your also right, the position thing u said is tru as well

Dec 17, 2007RamenRadio

Where can you get cleans now a days anyway? I think that yukoman dude is out.

Dec 17, 2007SapAuthor

I dunno why u are dissing the express. My first SOAP was express, and they were fun :P. They only thing they arent good for is square rails becuase that V lockin is pretty much a round rail or ledge only.

Cleans aren't compfy IMHO, but i have sensative feet. The sole is hard, so you will only have the foot linner for comfert. Express you have a squishier sole (expecially now).

I say for a first pair, get express, help out the cause too. Express you'll learn a lot about SOAPing on.

Dec 17, 2007Page645

wtf id IMHO? does it mean "I am hoe"? idk just making something up

Dec 17, 2007AnthoFlex

"In my humble opinion"

Dec 18, 2007RamenRadio

WHO IS DISSING THE EXPRESS?

Dec 18, 2007RamenRadio

And I think that express work good on square rails. Just ask Renny (at least I think), or AJ

Dec 18, 2007RamenRadio

And in my opinion, I think the cleans are pretty comfortable in a size 11. However, when I checked out those size 13 scabs I bought ages ago (no longer have them), they were heavy, and very uncomfortable... It was weird.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin an Alley-Opp CG in Wilmington, Delaware
Tanner Gregory hittin a Royale
Louis Selby hittin a Farf
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Bryndon with a royale on some bleachers