Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Replies

Nov 28, 2007sam

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2007Soapdreamer

tWo was given intructions not to be put out on the internet. How did you get this?

Nov 28, 2007dunk

nice one wesker... have been meaning to do this for months.

Nov 28, 2007James

When was this made?

Nov 28, 2007AnthoFlex

Werd, i thought we were going to do this for DVD.

But there you have it guys. oNe, and tWo, the legends of soaping. You guys may wanna put on your soaps when you watch these. Once they are done, you know you're going out sessioning

Nov 28, 2007xJeremiahx

Wow, merry Christmas indeed!!! Thank you!

Nov 28, 2007Wesker

Given instructions from who? I bought these when they were originally on sale from Relate.

These videos were made I beleive somewhere between late 99-02. At least that was probably the time they were filmed. I don't remember if tWo was released in 01 or 02, probably the latter.

A note on the conversions:

My VCR ate my tapes during the process so oNe has some static at the end credits and tWo has about 7 or so seconds with a blue screen at the end as well. I wouldn't worry about that though cause the majority of the credits are just random people soaping and not that of Relate (too much), no legendary memorable grinds are missed.

Nov 28, 2007RamenRadio

Dario, you are the best.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your personal life to do this.

Nov 28, 2007xJeremiahx

what's up with the "lox shoes" in Bryndon's part. I've never heard of those.

Nov 28, 2007ordnanceflint91

thanks....really awesome to have these

Nov 28, 2007dunk

i think lox was bryndon's brother's project.

Nov 28, 2007AnthoFlex

shoes that stick to your board

Nov 28, 2007SpiderSoaper

did i see broadside sylons?

Nov 28, 2007Altman

*boioioioing* Major video boner. Thanks Dario.

Nov 28, 2007xJeremiahx

hmmm, shoes that stick to the board. I would probably kill myself. I still have a set of skyhooks that I used to use on my board. They are plastic hooks that screw onto the board and hook onto your feet. I got bored with them though because it was impossible to do flip tricks.

Nov 29, 2007RamenRadio

SpiderSoaper

Yes, those were indeed the awesome sylon broadsides

Nov 29, 2007Megashadow77

Dario.....I love you.

Nov 29, 2007soapbofo

that some nice stuff there

Nov 29, 2007RamenRadio

Gosh, I'm going crazy over these videos.

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

When was oNe first sold?

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Oh crap, that's my bad.

I thought black and grey were called charcoal. I've been calling the names vise versa the whole time XD

My bad

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Oh, i've been calling them vise versa the whole time

I thought charcoal was grey and black

My bad, sorry.

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

ohhhh, my bad. I thought grey and black was charcoal

Sorry about that.

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Guys, what the hell is going on?

everything is all messed up

Nov 30, 2007AnthoFlex

When i saw oNe the other day, i realized that i had the same song as Danny's part in oNe

O.o

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Renny, do you know what year oNe was sold?

And I'm a little confused about the videos. Was oNe made before or after they were sponsored by Soap?

If they weren't, why do they have the sylon broadsides?

Nov 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Also in Danny's part, if you look at 21:03, i wonder if there were 3 more of those ledges nearby

; )

Nov 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Relate was with soap even before the name was put onto market.

The original Broadsides had a sylon spectrum upper (even though for awhile i thought it was the gunmetal upper)

If you look at the "Heelysoaps", they feature the black sylon upper. It would seem that soap loved the sylons.

As for the year for oNe....letme check it out..hold up

Nov 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Somewhere in early/mid 2000 i believe. Production (filming, editing, etc) went back as far as 99.

If not, then i dunno.

I know the "Heelysoaps" were made back in 99 or earlier. This is because it appeared in the holiday video. And the holiday video came out in 99. (Travis can back me up on that one)

So one would assume that the "Heelysoaps" coulda been done even eariler than mid/late 99

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Actually Renny, those are the charcoal sylons.

Me and Keith flipped when we saw that.

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

Call you up on the holiday video you mean?

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

oh yeah, 99 is when the holiday video was made.

Nov 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Black is the correct name. But i guess you can call em Charcoal, why not

Nov 30, 2007RamenRadio

The sylons that Bryndon Smith wore in Big O four fathers is the black sylons.

The sylons with grey and black are charcoal.

Nov 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Actually, those are the Black/Silver sylons.

The Black ones are the ones that you, trev and i have

Dec 1, 2007RamenRadio

Let's see

Dec 1, 2007RamenRadio

FINALLY

Dec 1, 2007SapAuthor

tWo is much better than oNe, tWo kicked serious butt. Lol the disjointed finger, OUCH!

Dec 1, 2007RamenRadio

I dunno, I love them both. haha.

I love that part where Danny Lynch wracks himself! He was on the ground for so long XD

Dec 1, 2007AnthoFlex

P. Cifuente's part was the shit in tWo. Goes to show you a pair of broadsides goes a really long way.

Did you see all those Kindgrinds, AO Makios, Kindgrind to AO Soul on that ledge?

Broadsides rock the house, for real

Dec 3, 2007Wesker

I can only assume they mentioned the "not sponsored" part because it was their video and they were making the profit on it. Also not all of relate were really sponsored by Soap shoes last I remember.

Dec 4, 2007Surfaced

Sweet. Thanks for this finally.

Dec 4, 2007Spano565

Wesker is the man!Can i get whoot whoot!

Dec 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

Antho said: "Also in Danny's part, if you look at 21:03, i wonder if there were 3 more of those ledges nearby

; )"

I think he was reffering to how 3 more of the ledges would make a soap "O"...and damn 4 months without soaping and this site is really a damn mess and i havent been here often as much, but these vids were tough though, were these retailed in stores, and if so did they have yellow warning sticker on it about the language,sexuality, and homosexuality (bryndon), drug and alchohol. either way awsome, makes me wanna soap, but the weather sucks, thanks wesker for this.

Dec 15, 2007AnthoFlex

Spider is the only one who figured the joke out.

Nice spider

Dec 15, 2007SpiderSoaper

thanks

Dec 18, 2007SpiderSoaper

wats wrong with these vids, they all of a sudden dont have audio, the other solidgrind vids do have audio wat's up?

Dec 18, 2007RamenRadio

They are almost all the way to the right of the speaker. It could be mono, or it is the encoder used.

Dec 18, 2007SpiderSoaper

Never mind they work again, it's just wierd that they did that? oh well let it be gone

Dec 18, 2007vault

well havnt been here in ahwiile ive been on ffi forum so much. ne ways Dario is the man. lol i

Dec 22, 2007vault

yay i live by these spots. so.
cal power

Jan 22, 2008RamenRadio

Bump

Jan 26, 2008Deadmoose

loading hahaha

Jan 29, 2008RamenRadio

Bump

Feb 22, 2008RamenRadio

Bump

Mar 29, 2008iwantsoapshoes

holy shit i orgasmed when i saw one

Mar 31, 2008heelyhailey

^cant view .wmv's on her mac

*ssiigghh*

Mar 31, 2008heelyhailey

^cant view .wmv's on her mac

*ssiigghh*

Mar 31, 2008heelyhailey

oops, sorry bout that

Mar 31, 2008xJeremiahx

what format do you need them in?

Mar 31, 2008heelyhailey

it's fine, ill just hop on the windows computer later on

Mar 31, 2008moojuiceman

anybody else notice the guy in oNe who was rolling around on his heel, and yet had the soap O on the front of the shoe?

Mar 31, 2008mets603412

those are the heelys sylon prototypes.

The person who came up with the idea of heelys wanted to make a deal with soap.

Offer declined, and now Heelys is their own company HSL.

The person who was using those was bryndon smith

Mar 31, 2008Kain

in that case.....

how can anyone think heeling is for little kids if the first person to use them was an adult soaper? ;)

Mar 31, 2008AnthoFlex

Easy smartshit, the guy who invented them was a rollerblader. He made grinding shoes, so naturally, he thought "hmm, how about a shoe with a wheel?"

He knew the idea would've appealed to little kids, and since soap's ENTIRE market was mostly from young teens all the way to adults, he didn't patent it.

So don't try to be a smartshit

Mar 31, 2008AnthoFlex

plus, just rolling around in em (since it was a NEW idea), and using them to try and make the next "xTreMe sPoRt", is two totally different things

Mar 31, 2008Megashadow77

HE LIVES!

Mar 31, 2008Soapdreamer

I bet heelys would have been done so much better if the deal went through.
These are not heelys though those are soap shoes. Probably turned down because probably part of the point of soaps is that whatever they can do doesn't need any prep time.Like if you just walked out of church u can go grind the church rail and just jump on it. Or maybe because he thought the idea was just gimmiky.

If he accepted though man things would be so different. The idea of heelys as a company would only be an idea on a Large soap forum.
Saying how it seems kinda boring to be just rolling around at around walk/run speed on the street. But saying how the vert models were pretty fun with their large wheel for vert.
Saying how they are bit less comfortable because of the hole and the plug doesn't make a hole dissapear.

wow a rant
your post was hopefully a joke kain because it is really easy to think to look beyond who the first person is.

I mean the wright brothers were bicycle makers. But does that mean that planes and bicycles should be looked at in the same way to each other?

Mar 31, 2008Soapdreamer

Im saying they are gimmicky because on the street in everyday circumstances. There maybe some ledge or something you could ride on. And landing on your heels only that can easily go back and forth sounds like a great way to land on your rear.
The hole takes away alot of the use of being just a shoe because it places your foot weird.
If you find some hill to roll down then u need really steady feet.Because to keep them straight at high speeds while all you weights is on your heels sounds like a way to a faceplant.
The way heelys are made it appeals to the
"WOW thats neat crowd" of kids who wonder wat rolling on their feet might be like.

Apr 1, 2008Kain

Soapdreamer,
hell yeah....I can't imagine what heelys would be like now in the hands of soap.

Anyway....it was a joke. I get what you're saying, but.....ppl use rollerblades, especially to go around places...it takes A LOT longer to change into rollerblades than to pop a wheel in your heel. Outside skate parks, that's what I use mine for. They feel fine to me with the wheels out, but still....soaps feel better.

Problem is, the basics of soaping (frontside, backside) are a lot harder for little kids to do than roll forward on heelys, so soaps don't appeal to that market.

btw, I've gone downhill on heelys.....it's pretty fun.

Apr 1, 2008RamenRadio

Are you kidding?

It took me one damn day to grind a curb.

It took me a week to heel, and I'm no kid. Grind this isn't a good shoe, or torches aren't a good shoe. Because my friends and I could barely do anything until we got used to that crap.

Apr 1, 2008Soapdreamer

the thing is though.
On flat land are you really going faster or not using as much energy. The thing is about going down hill is that your feet arent moving at all and if moving at a decent speed and then stopping suddenly because 1)Hit a rock
2)Part of the sole touched the ground
3) Crack in whatever your riding on.
Then is seems like a good way to land on your face.

About your comment about them going around places and time to get set up and stuff.
I think skateboards would be better suited to that sorta thing than heelys.

Apr 17, 2008sam

Anyone notice these links arent working anymore?

Apr 17, 2008blakeashake

na but i have them already.

Apr 17, 2008Kain

Ramen,
well....everyone learns things differently.
I think torch is a good shoe overall (it feels fine), but not the best for just grinding.

Soapdreamer,
1) yeah, that's the major flaw of heelys, but it can happen to anything else too
2) that doesn't happen if you're good
3) use any of the 3+ techniques for getting over cracks

Yeah, skateboards are better for longer distances b/c they're easier on your feet, but it's harder to get on/off a skateboard and take it in places than heelys.

Besides, I can't skateboard with grind shoes....I only use mine when I'm not wearing soaps/heelys.

Apr 17, 2008Wesker

Getting some stuff sorted with my host. The files will be back up shortly.

Apr 17, 2008Wesker

Everything is in working order again, sorry for the downtime!

Apr 17, 2008AnthoFlex

Kain, walking with your board is harder than walking with heelys? Dude, are you serious?

Apr 18, 2008Kain

yeah.....

b/c when I'm planning to walk somewhere with heelys, I pop the wheels out and put them in my pocket. That's easier than lugging a skateboard around. Although that problem's somewhat solved with my port-a-board, heelys are still the only form of transportation that fits into my pocket.

Apr 18, 2008AnthoFlex

dude please, suck it up and carry that board

Apr 18, 2008blakeashake

I have always wanted to just run up behind a teenager/adult who are rolling around on heelys and kick their feet out from underneath them.

Apr 18, 2008Franticfred

dude who hasnt? haha and for some reason i cant download "one" anyone know why?

Apr 18, 2008Wesker

Works fine for me. Maybe something with your internet settings?

Apr 19, 2008Kain

Renny,
I do sometimes....but if I'm already skating in heelys, why bring a board?

Blake,
that's a good way to get the shit beaten out of you.....depending on who you're messing with.

Apr 19, 2008anaholaboys

i bet those heely guys wouldnt do shit to you

theyd prolly cry on the ground and tell they parents

Apr 19, 2008AnthoFlex

If im already wearing soaps, why do i bring my board?

to do both. Plus, you cant go faster than a board on Heelys.

And i doubt heelers would be the shit outta you for that. If i had a wheel in my heel. I wouldn't be fuckin with noone either.

1. Ur the one with the wheel, haha

2. You wont fight only being able to balance on your toes

Apr 19, 2008anaholaboys

3. because heelers are fags

TRUFAX.

Apr 19, 2008heelyhailey

come on, please. Kain, 80% of heelers are 8 year old girls,
A:) i doubt any of these people are desperate enough to trip a little girl
B:) if they did, do u think the girl would fight back

And Blake, just get over it, we're having fun, you have fun on your soaps just as some people do on heelys. Why should you trip people because they have a different perception of fun than you do?

Apr 19, 2008Kain

Anaholaboys,
stop being a dickweed

Renny,
well that's a good point. But I don't do tricks on skateboards....I just ride them to places. And the speed depends on the bearings.....I've beaten a lot of ppl at flatland races.
btw......you'd be surprised how much damage a wheel in your heel can do when you plant a kick in the right place....

H2,
I was referring to me lol :P
idk about other heelers.

Apr 19, 2008AnthoFlex

Last time i checked, when you kick on a skateboard, you use the balls of your feet, not your heels.

And also, speed doesn't depend on your bearings. If ur thinking about ABEC ratings, that has nothing to do with the "speed" of your board. That all comes from your good ol' leg muscles

Apr 19, 2008Kain

Renny,
well....when you kickswitch on heelys, you use the balls of your feet XD

but yeah, if you have good leg muscles, you go fast.....but it still depends some on wheel/bearing quality.

Apr 19, 2008sam

Actually kain, the wheel/bearing quality is only a small portion of how fast you can go. Im sure i could go 10x faster than someone that sucks with an abec 7, if i had an abec 3.

Apr 20, 2008Kain

yeah, you're right. But still, if you're good, it gives you that extra boost. My friend has really good wheels and reds bearings, but I beat him in a race today with nearly shot abec5's and wheels with air bubbles

Apr 20, 2008AnthoFlex

Yea Kain, do your research. I've been skating for 10 years, and i've been through many types of bearings. I know what im talking about

Apr 20, 2008Kain

well....it depends on what you mean. When I use abec1 bearings, they're still "fast", but they don't last as long. Like....I can't sustain the speed once I get it. abec7s are just as fast, but the speed lasts over distance.

Apr 20, 2008AnthoFlex

Its just probably because its lubed up well. ABEC rating has absolutely nothing to do with speed

Apr 20, 2008xJeremiahx

True ABEC rating is only a rating of the quality of the bearings. Not the speed.

Apr 20, 2008SpiderSoaper

thats all tru, but people really perfer higher abec ratings, but for blading i buy CRAP branded bearings, they have no abec ratings to it, they just roll smooth and long

Apr 20, 2008Kain

yeah....when I bought my RUSH bearings they had no abec rating...but they were faster than any abec7s I'd used

Apr 21, 2008wyattpeterson

guys your off topic why dont u watch oNe and tWo ...i think oNe is as good as tWo their dope

Apr 21, 2008SpiderSoaper

yea we are off topic, well still i dont soap anymore, i'm tryna sell mine.

Apr 21, 2008Kain

I watched both about halfway through, then got bored....

I'm not really into skate vids lol. I barely watch the whole vid of ppl that post theirs on heelychat :P

Apr 21, 2008mets603412

shit head

Apr 21, 2008AnthoFlex

that sounds really disrespectful. You obviously have no interest in what you do.

Apr 21, 2008anaholaboys

he prolly does it to be cool

Apr 21, 2008AnthoFlex

He probably cant tell the variety in tricks.

Like show a noob a video of a switch heelflip over 2 decks and they'll be like "its just a kickflip"

Show someone who knows the difficulty in riding and landing tricks in switch and the obstacle and they'll give props.

Long story short, you probably "get bored" of skate videos and heelys videos (i don't blame you on that one, sorry) because you probably have no idea whats going on in the videos

Apr 21, 2008Kain

well....I know what's going on in the heelys vids, I'm usually just too busy with something else. I'd rather watch ppl in person, like at Vertigo last weekend.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Louis hittin a Frontside
Ryan Armstrong, Maxwell, and Casey Faris with the double FS and double flip
SSCFSW Sam hittin a Frontside
Chris Corrado hittin a Steep Frontside
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Cheese Grater