Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
i neeed your help!
Nov 19, 2007 by maubg

hello,
I'm Maura, I'm italian. I'm a student of fashion design.. this week, starting from today, I am making a workshop week! I have to design wear, protection, shoes for your sport, that I have found last week while I was searching for new urban sport.
I need your help, please..
I would like to know if do you use protection and if you like to use them or not. I would like to know what's your wear style, if there is something that underline that you are a soaper..
and whatever suggestion you want!

please.. help!

ciao, maura :-)
Replies

Nov 19, 2007xJeremiahx

It's a little hard to understand what you are asking but here I go....

I assume by protection you mean helmet and pads. I like to use a wrist guard and a helmet when I am trying big rails or new tricks for the first time. Once I am used to the rail and the trick I will go without them though.

As far as my style...I am a skateboarder mainly and when I'm not at work I usual wear baggy shorts and a skateboard brand T-shirt.

I hope this helps and If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Nov 19, 2007maubg

yeah,
you have understood perfectly!!
please.. tell to your friend to leave me some suggestions!

and, by the way,
are you used to wear backpack?
which streetwear brand do you prefer?
will you use, for example, a jacket with internal protection, not visible external? do you think it's a bad idea? our teacher unfortunately loves protections.. !

baci..

Nov 19, 2007Soapdreamer

The users here by names of Sapauthor
and Anthoflex should be able to provide a history and current status of the sport for you probably.

Nov 19, 2007xJeremiahx

If you browse through the photos section of this site you can get a good feel for what most of us wear. I don't really stick to any particular brand. As long as it fits my style I could care less who makes it. You can check out my skateboard/soap video to see what I tend to wear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oyrlrIVQc4

I don't think anyone would use the padded jacket. Soapers are more likely to injure their legs and wrist than the upper body.

Nov 19, 2007sam

Yeah, even though most soap injuries tend to happen to your legs a jacket would still be nice for when it gets cold and upper protection.

Nov 20, 2007Altman

If anything I'd pretty much go by what the above users have said. If you're a guy and are very paranoid about "personal" protection, a cup will help on those monster rails. Also, bring skate wax with you for those ledges and rails that need a slicker surface. I'd suggest you track down a bar of Ledge Butta'. It's pretty much the God of commercial skate wax.

Nov 20, 2007AnthoFlex

Yea, whatever i leave the house with is what i soap in.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dunk's 'Take My Shoe Off' Backslide on the Alexandra Park handrail
Jordan Thompson hittin a Frontside
Luke Williams with a bike rack grind
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at WIU
Jay Sers hittin a Stylish frontside as the sun sets