Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
What do you want the SOAP shirt to be?
Oct 28, 2007 by SapAuthor

Aight all. HSL is giving us a standard licensing fee in order to make SOAP logoed shirts: $15,000 + royalties.

So, unless they decide to wave that licencing fee, making SOAP logoed shirts is out of the question.

However, we CAN still make shirt, just as long as they don't feature the SOAP logo or tradmarked things.

My idea was someone grinding (SOAP log or other things would not be visible or photoshoped out) with the words "What can your shoes do?" then in small print on the bottom edge "SSSoapShop.com"

What are some of your ideas. Remember, they can't contain the SOAP logo, the SOAP O, or trademark soap phrases like "shoes with Attitude" and "Daily Grind" or "Go play with yourself"

What design would you buy?
Replies

Oct 28, 2007sam

Maybe you could use the graphic on the side of this website, youd have to ask derek first but i dont think there would be too much of a problem with that.

Oct 28, 2007soapbofo

that would be like the solid grind t shirts that weren't made and thats not a bad idea

Oct 28, 2007SapAuthor

Okay, but what else, what do you think will get ppl's attention, yet look stylish like the old soap shirts. We want them sellable (stylish, etc) but also help brig in more people.

Oct 28, 2007Altman

I think we should use a pic one of the old Team Soap members as an image. They've got gnarly pics that would definitely catch someone's eye.

Oct 28, 2007Soapdreamer

I think that it could be kinda like altman's idea but the soaper would be silhouetted and a soap logo should be placed brightly in the center of the silhouette.
I think you should use a picture where the soaper is largely the focus
and it would be in the largest part of the silhouette you can fit it into while resizing and keeping its shape.

Oct 28, 2007Altman

Uh, he said we can't use any copywritten images. That means no Soap o's.

Oct 28, 2007AnthoFlex

A shirt without at least one Soap O, or the word "SOAP" isnt even worth representing. I'm staying outta this one.

I say you and I keep talking to HSL

Oct 28, 2007JeiHeirumaru

Make Solid Grind shirts?

Oct 28, 2007RamenRadio

I agree with JeiHeirumaru on that one.

Solidgrind shirts, SuperSonicSoaper shirts (would that fall under the copyright issue?), or perhaps sonic and pals shirts

But I would highly suggest the solidgrind shirts

That's all I have to say, otherwise I agree with Renny about a shirt without even "soap" in it being worth representing, or even selling.

Oct 28, 2007RamenRadio

It's just not a soap shirt then lol

Oct 29, 2007AnthoFlex

And using "SolidGrind" would be a copyright issue to Derek.

Like i said (twice now) we need to just keep on with HSL. They only did the $15,000 thing when (i forgot who) pissed them off with a threatening call i believe. I believe they told Alex Morris on the phone that they only require a $1 for each shirt.

It was then afterwards that someone else called threateningly pissed them off

Oct 29, 2007SapAuthor

Aight all though, and Renny, yeah we'll keep trying htat but if we can't, :- /

But again, here's hte shirt suggestion rules:

NO Soap log or soap O
NO Solidgrind, or Sonic content either, or pre-owned
SOAP images.

Oct 29, 2007xJeremiahx

damnit!

Oct 29, 2007xJeremiahx

all soap logos are blured

Oct 30, 2007Altman

XD That's awesome.

Oct 30, 2007AnthoFlex

That is one way to dodge getting sued....

But inliners, BMXers, and sk8rs would get super offended. They would hate on us even more

Oct 30, 2007RamenRadio

ha, Props Jeremiah

Oct 30, 2007RamenRadio

Just one thing, hide the tongue on the express, and you're really good to go man!

Oct 30, 2007AnthoFlex

a little off topic, but i remember a little while back i wanted to make a shirt that said:

"If you had Scorchers, you would soap everyday, so stfu and go grind."

(aimed at all the people who used to complain and/or question the express model)

I dunno, it seemed like a funny idea at the time. Its offensive, yea. But everyone knows that theres a lot of truth in it, haha

Oct 30, 2007matrix8967

hey wait what? I don't remember them telling me that. might've been someone else? I've only talked to a few people on the phone there, and that was just to get plates, and then i got into a conversation with one guy about the "grind this"

I don't think that's offensive...unless you're really sensitive...

could the soap shop get a loan or something? because (as i told renny the other day) i'd buy atleast one of each shirt. and i'm sure i'm not the only one...

Oct 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, i wasnt saying that you pissed them off. Im saying that whoever called AFTER you pissed them off

Oct 30, 2007Slidey

"Freedom is a plate in your sole"

hahaha
lets see how pissed HSL gets about that one ;P

Oct 30, 2007matrix8967

yeah, but i was referring to the "dollar a shirt" comment. i don't remember that. i know you weren't saying anything like that. i'd own up to it if i pissed them off. :)

i like slidey's idea.

Oct 31, 2007AnthoFlex

I like slidey's idea too, but you guys have to remember that we all just recently got on HSL's good side.

Lets not mess that up

Oct 31, 2007matrix8967

yeah true...i just get so much satisfaction out of being a smartass...but, i agree, we don't want to piss them off...

Nov 1, 2007vault

hmm red grey white, kinda vintage looking and a quote like" strength, determination,heart its what keeps us grinding everyday.."

that would b cool

Nov 1, 2007AnthoFlex

I think we can get the royalty price and whatever taken off....its just a matter of talking with he right people

Nov 1, 2007Slidey

Yeah I was only joking about with that last comment, (although maybe we could make a few little shirts...) lol

Nov 2, 2007Soapdreamer

WTF my post don't register at all from the school,
Ok what about
"Reach new places"
And then there is a high rail or something that could be grinded with only soaps like a taught rope or something

Nov 2, 2007Altman

A tight rope? Now that's false advertising.

Nov 2, 2007vault

lol. i want a color that will stand out

Nov 2, 2007Soapdreamer

Im sure it's possible if you tried.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Handicapped Soaping at the Post Office
Wyatt Peterson hitting a fastslide on the practice rail
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide