Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Question about replacable grind plate shoes?
Oct 19, 2007 by RamenRadio

I'm curious to know HOW replaceable grind plate shoes are more "cost sensitive" than the cemented grind plates.

I know that this issue has been brought up about a thousand times, but I was never explained to how it costs more to make them.

Could anyone give me an explanation about how they are more "cost sensitive"?

Whether it's the screws, the plates, certain materials, I don't care. Just please give me some sort of a straight answer.

because next thing you know it, HSL is going to have heelys with replaceable grind plates and they will have said to found a way to make them less "cost sensitive"

So if you can't answer my first question, maybe you could help me out with my next one?

Is there anyway to make the cost of the replaceable grind plate shoes not so "cost sensitive"?

Replies

Oct 19, 2007RamenRadio

The only reason I said:

because next thing you know it, HSL is going to have heelys with replaceable grind plates and they will have said to found a way to make them less "cost sensitive"

Is because HSL has already made cemented grind plates on heelys, who is to say they won't find a way to put replaceable grind plates on heelys?

Oct 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Cost-sensitive is just their way of saying "We dont wanna invest"

Because they do make replaceable wheels ; )

But if there is some truth to the "cost sensitive-ness" I would imagine the cost of making the footframes, cost to make torx-head screws, and then plates. So its a 3-part thing into every shoe
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan Muck hittin a Backslide at Canton
Orr Whartman hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf
Jay Sers hittin a Stylish frontside as the sun sets