Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
soaping stance
May 13, 2004 by tom_uk

this is a bit gay but: in soaping and inline (which i no longer do), my frontside is regular but my backside is goofy; does anyone else have this stance, and is there a term for it?
also i might be getting some pictures soon if my camera ever gets fixed
Replies

May 13, 2004Collin

I come from both ways on both grinds. types i forget the stances frontside i grind right first backside left first and in rolling it all depends on the grind

May 14, 2004Mart

What, you mean that the rail's on your right hand side in both backside and frontside?

May 14, 2004Smokey

I'm confused. But what Mart just said is what I do.

May 14, 2004Collin

its weird like ill grind coming from the same direction on both of em like on a frontside im right foot first and left second, and backside is the exact opposite

May 14, 2004Floptastic

*blink blink* im totally confused. are you saying, that when you run up to do a frontslide, you're right foot goes first, and you come from (im guessing) the right side of the rail (as in, you're running to your left to jump on) but then when you do do a backslide, you approach the same but do a little 180 or what?

May 14, 2004tom_uk

yeah Backside = I come to the rail on my left and do a 90 degree or 270 degree turn, and for frontsides i run up almost parallel with the rail on my left as well. on ledges and benches in do the same but kind of push out to get momentum. so like the opposite side of what mart said.

May 14, 2004tom_uk

so frontside my right foot is first, and backside my left foot is first.

May 15, 2004Mart

I doubt that's particularily weird, since both Ryan and I do the same thing. It just means that you prefer to jump from the same foot each time

May 15, 2004tom_uk

yeh, except i tend to jump two-footed; i can backside right foot first, but i find it very hard, yet i find unnatural frontsides damn near impossible except on benches
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan Muck hittin a Backslide at Canton
Ian Walsh hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Mizuo
Pedro Brito hittin a Frontside
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Royale