Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
NEED YOUR OPINION ON SOAP SHOE BUILDER GAME!
Aug 18, 2007 by SapAuthor

Sorry for all caps, but i need everyone to tell me what they want for the soap shoe builder game's "save image" thingy.

Here are the things we can do:

1: I have the script where you can put in your email address and have the shoe you built sent via email with an attachment.

2: I can have it so it simply appears on screen and you can file-save as it.

3: i can do a combination of the two.

4: I can have an option to submit to us to possibly put up on some sort of gallery.

5: Or you suggest what you want to do.

I want to know what you all would like for the saving your shoe function, rather get an email with it in it, rather just right click and save, would you like to submit it to a gallery or not, or have the option but be able to choose to submit or not?

Oh, and do you want to be able to put your name and the shoe's name with it?
Replies

Aug 18, 2007Megashadow77

Which ever one is easier for you Trey, it doesn't really matter to me.....

I think the gallery would be cool, but not really a neccessity.

Aug 18, 2007AnthoFlex

The gallery would only be for shoes that we accept into the gallery. If it were automated, people could easily spam the whole system by piling piece on top of piece and submitting multiple pics with fake names.

Aug 18, 2007AnthoFlex

The build a shoe game would also allow you to name your shoe, and write the name of the artists for all to see

Aug 18, 2007Megashadow77

Freaking Sweet!

Aug 18, 2007xJeremiahx

I think the email thing would be good. That way you can use the email addresses as a count of how many different people are using the site and interested in soap shoes.

Aug 18, 2007AnthoFlex

This new game will also have more colors than the last game.

The old game only had 18 colors, this new one will have about 138 colors, plus an RGB color slider, to get colors in between

Aug 18, 2007Megashadow77

This game shall rock!

Aug 19, 2007iwantsoapshoes

if only hsl was nice enough to let us submit our shoes to them and there would be a contest to get your shoe made.

Aug 19, 2007SapAuthor

Renny, i love u like a bro man, but this is about the submission part of the game lol, i need more input on it, we all know the game will rock and have more features lol.

Continue to tell me more, do you want it to appear on the screen to easily save-as the image but with an option to submit it to us for putting up on the gallery?

Aug 19, 2007SapAuthor

And renny, 138 is TOO many predefined colors, i said max of like 25 lol, i have to code all of them.

Aug 19, 2007AnthoFlex

really? wow....

Aug 19, 2007Altman

I think the gallery idea is sick. I'd go with that one.

Aug 19, 2007Locke

You should do a combination of the ideas.

Have the image, and checkboxes for whether or not you want it to appear in the gallery and whether you want it emailed to you. Then have a textbox for your name, shoe name, and your email adress, and a submit button.

That shouldn't be too hard to code, unless you're using some complex language I've not seen before. XD

Aug 19, 2007AnthoFlex

coding....flash coding dude, lol

Aug 19, 2007iwantsoapshoes

you lot are so fucking advanced, i cant even make a sprite movie.
*moans* so...much...clicking...

Aug 20, 2007AnthoFlex

lol

Aug 20, 2007Locke

Ah. Well, I don't have a lot of experience with Flash, but I still doubt that what I said would be terribly difficult. xD

Aug 23, 2007SapAuthor

This is the system it will be like this:

You will make the shoe, type in the shoe name and who it's from.

Then, you will checkmark if you wish to send it for review into the gallery (submitting it to us means you want it in gallery, if not then no point in submitting). It will also give a screen shot of the shoe for you to right click and save.

That's the system. Good?

Aug 23, 2007Altman

That's perfect Trev.

Aug 23, 2007Locke

No complaints here.

Aug 23, 2007Megashadow77

That should be good, I just hope it isn't a pain to filter through....man, I hope it's almost done!

Aug 23, 2007AnthoFlex

The way shit is going right now, i dunt think it'll be done anytime soon

God, i have such a fucking headache. I am so godamn close to smashing my computer.

Stupid new site

Aug 23, 2007SapAuthor

renny take a break man. We don't need the new site to at least have the shopping cart system up. I'll handle it, we got time, don't worry.

Aug 23, 2007Megashadow77

Dayam! Calm down, Renny!

Aug 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Ma bad dudes, i was having this killer headache yesterday, and anyone who knows me knows that im very dedicated to my work, and i probably wont stop until its done, or if i get a significant amount done.

The headache eventually got to me, while i was still working on HTML and stuff and it didnt work the way i wanted to so i flipped out

Aug 24, 2007SapAuthor

why u working on html anyways renny? the thing is all point and click building, no html.

Aug 24, 2007AnthoFlex

i was making the home page

Aug 25, 2007rhinoskater30

ahhh, yes the good ol' times...

before HSL

yeah the builder sounds freakin awesome

i just realized that the days seemed better then than they do now, not just the days of soaps(though they were lol) but the actually 24 hour day in general, sounds weird, but true for me

Aug 26, 2007Hattmac02

what site is this going to be on the sss website?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Mike Dean hittin a UFO at the skatepark
Zach Larson hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farfegnugen
Jordan Muck hittin a Backslide at Canton
Jay Sers hittin a Stylish frontside as the sun sets