Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Okay, in short...
Mar 8, 2004 by BoltStryke

I suck.

I discovered this site just a little while ago. Nice to find a community of SOAPers and whatnot. I own a pair of Boltars (rust) and I cannot get the basics right. I've got a very good jump height, (Able to jump higher than waist-height rails)- I guess the tips I need right now are how to approach a run-up for a frontslide correctly. Any pointers?
Replies

Mar 8, 2004Marc

Theres nothing really to point on, just practice. everyone is diffrent, someone can just jump right on, others take a while. No biggy. Don't get frusturated

Mar 8, 2004Mart

If you can't frontside properly, you shouldn't even be thinking of grinding high rails. Try practicing on something lower; falling off a small obstacle is much more forgiving than taking a nut shot on something you have no hope of grinding out

Mar 8, 2004Smokey

Walk up to the rail at a slight angle... umm... and basically all you need to do from there is... jump. They're just shoes. Try jumping on the rail with a normal pair of shoes first, or take the plates off your boltars until you're comfortable. But like mart said, until you're comfortable with grinding, don't even think about jumping up on a handrail.

Mar 9, 2004BoltStryke

I have no idea why I've been calling it a frontslide these past couple of days *idiot*

Anyway, thanks you guys. Think I'll prolly order one of those portable rails I saw in a catalogue at this rate.

Mar 9, 2004Mart

...or you could just buy a 6' length of PVC for $5 and grind that in your back yard

Mar 9, 2004Collin

lol my friends bought 20' of pvc for 6 bucks its pretty good fun.

Mar 9, 2004Smokey

Mart and Marc have seen my PR... I got that for about $5 and a half an hour of work :P

Mar 9, 2004Mart

I am going to kill you Ryan

Mar 9, 2004jericanman

i libbirated an old scafolding pole that is sweet and free and as for getting the front slides off.. maby just practice locking on with the plates with low momentum then build up the height and speed of the approach u should have it mastered affter a day of hard soaping..and try apporing from the opposite dirredtion ie do it goofie cos my mate started out he was basicaly soaping in the wrong stance im not shure why he dident catch on but when he switched his stance he found things much easyer..

Mar 9, 2004dunk

Scaffolding rocks if it's secured correctly *looks at Mart*

Mar 9, 2004BoltStryke

Sweet. Managed to get my hands on a 10' PVC pipe for about that same amount. Too back my backyard lacks grass. Oh well, I'll figure that next bit out later.

Mar 9, 2004Mart

I seriously need a decent pr setup like Ryan's... mine is practically useless

Mar 10, 2004Marc

I made the, "Ryan Replica PR" in my Backyard, it kicks major ass, I bought Rail from Home depot, I was to tired to look in the junkyard.. So I paid like 30 bucks, it kicks ass, just gotta make a "Ryan Replica PR" sticker for it now...

Mar 10, 2004Smokey

I better call my patent attorney :P

Mar 10, 2004Marc

how's about if I put "Ryan Replica PR." Then in the fine print put, "Design ?opyright of Ryan Armstrong 2003-2004."

Will that work :-D
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
Bryndon with a frontside (about to jump from rail 1 to rail 2).
Jeremy Koch hittin a Frontside
Dunk's 'Take My Shoe Off' Backslide on the Alexandra Park handrail
Chris Komsthoeft hittin a Frontside