Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Ok, this occurred to me...
Aug 3, 2007 by DarkVermillion

Ok, I just realized that soaping is going in the direction of rollerblading. The only big difference is that most (if not all.) of us do this purely for fun and enjoyment, while most professional rollerbladers well, it's their jobs. The main similarity is that both sports are underground, while more publicized sports take all the light. This is a pattern, the X-games started with rollerblading, rollerblading companies pretty much made the X-games. But rollerbladers had no reason to be there, they only had 3 grinds (frontside, backside, and soul) and the skateboarders and BMXers got pissed because rollerbladers had no reason being there, skateboarding and BMXing was there longer, they had more style, more moves, and they just blew rollerblading out of the water. But now, if you look at rollerblading, it's even more dangerous and stylish. But no one knows about it because skateboarding has shadowed out rollerblading. The soap shoes story is very much like that, because (as most of you know..) Soaps used to be huge, my brother did it, his friend did it, alot fo people liked to soap. Then as things went on, the owner thought the product would die out, and that's the reason it died out. He pulled the product out prematurely, and that's why it faded. Then Heely's jumped in, saw the energy in soaps, and they took it. Now soaps have gone underground, and we're trying to get it back, why? Because it's fun, and why let a good idea go to waste. I mean, I've only been soaping for about 9 months, and I'm already better than most inliners. But when you say shit like, "Fuck heely's, they're gay!" Your biting the hand that feeds, that's probably why we get these half assed products from Heely's. They're never going to waste money on us if we don't show respect. The express wasn't the greatest thing, but damn, it was enough to get a flame burning...
Replies

Aug 3, 2007Megashadow77

Hell yea, go DV.

We ain't gettin' fed the best food right now, but it's all we got!

Aug 3, 2007Megashadow77

If you hate on heelys cuz you like SOaps, you're wrong, if you hate on heelys cuz everyone else here does, you're wrong. If you hate Heelys because they're treating soaps the way they do, you aren't getting us no where.

I only dislike Heelys, because they're uncomfortable, and they're a kid's toy.

Aug 3, 2007RamenRadio

I don't like them because they are uncomfortable and ugly. With soap shoes, you still have good style. Heelys are like inline rip offs anyway.

Aug 3, 2007RamenRadio

INLINE FOR KIDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 3, 2007Megashadow77

travviisss...get back on aiimm....

Also, don't bite the hand, give it some room.

Aug 3, 2007AnthoFlex

I have to disagree with Sk8rs pushing bladers out of the water. Bladers pretty much did it to themselves.

But good point otherwise

Aug 3, 2007xJeremiahx

I don't hate heelys at all. I've never worn them. I hear they are uncomfortable. A shoe with wheels just is not for me. I catch enough crap from my friends for "x-treme walking".

Aug 3, 2007DG

Rite on ! Say it like it is!

Aug 3, 2007ordnanceflint91

i dont hate heelys. i own one pair and thats the grails, and the only reason i wanted them is to me the style is the best looking and the plate is extremely fast. but yeah i love my soaps alot more. i own 6 pairs of soaps and have had soaps since back in 1998-99. i will always wear soaps as long as i can continue to buy them.

Aug 3, 2007SapAuthor

DV, you are right. The reason some people here have valid anger towards HSL is because (at least with me and some others) we've dealt with them. And its not as much the product Heelys, but the company and how bad they are treating things.

Yes, they did bring back SOAPs, but the reason why was more to shut us up than give SOAPs any real validity. There's no doubt in my mind that they brought it out just to see us 'fail' so they wouldn't have to hear all the complaints about them not bringing back SOAPs.

I don't like HSL right now, because of these reasons. When they start treating me, Steve, Renny, and the whole SOAPing community with a little more respect for all the effort we've put into it, then i'll start respecting HSL.

I still think that SOAPs and Heelys can live in harmony, logistically Heelys appeal to little kids (the sales percent for shoe size shoe this clearly) and SOAPs to older kids and young adults (even not so young adults). And proper marketing on both can lead to an increase in profit (which is why Renny Steve and I are going to HSL HQ and presenting our case).

I agree though, saying Heelys are Gay, stupid, etc, doesn't help, but not supporting soaps i don't agree with.

Aug 3, 2007DarkVermillion

Antho- Yes, it's true, bladers did do it to themselves. There was so much money floating around in that sport and it was so easy to get into it, so no one did it for the fun, just the money. So no one wanted to make new tricks, no new anything. That's why they got kicked out, cause we were half ass'ing everything.

Aug 3, 2007DarkVermillion

Trev- Your right, they probably did bring them back to shut us up, but they fucked up because they gave us a half ass'd shoe. So really, it made us want SOAPs more. I'm sure most was marketing too, because they knew we would want them, even though they were crap. But when the grindplate and shoes tore up (And quickly they did.) You'd want another pair and if you wanted to continue soaping, you'd have to by another pair of $50+ shoes. While with the old soaps you'd only have to by one pair at a time and keep the grindplates updated.

Aug 4, 2007SapAuthor

Well, the main thing i think is the shoe falls apart before the grindplate. I never went through my grindplate, then again i never really ground anything rough, or a lot.

HSL's express aren't as good as the original anyways though, they used a 3x stitching instead of original 4x, so right off the bat they were lower quality.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide
LixF hittin a fresh track grind
Jordan hittin a Fakie Freestyle Backslide
mark hittin a frontside at work