Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
To wax, or not to wax?
May 31, 2007 by Locke

I've seen a lot of discussion on here about waxing, and I was just wondering; is it necessary? And if so, what situations absolutely require waxing, and which can you let it slide? (No pun intended)

I'm rather new to Soaping, so pardon my lack of knowledge.
Replies

May 31, 2007AnthoFlex

Ledges almost always need wax, depending on what its made out of. If you like the smooth slick feeling, you can put wax on rails

May 31, 2007Locke

Okay, but what about curbs with paint? Can I get away with not waxing those?

May 31, 2007AnthoFlex

You could....but, like most curbs, even painted it will still destory your plates pretty fast. Just wax everything you grind up

Jun 1, 2007iwantsoapshoes

how exactly do you wax something?, i mean do you just walk up to some random curb on the street, get out your big tub of wax( people are really starting to stare now) dip your hand in and, wax away?

Jun 1, 2007AnthoFlex

wtf....dude, waxing means you take like a candle, or a bar of Soap, or a bar of SKATE wax (works the best) and start rubbing whatever you are grinding.

People will look at you like "wtf" but i love that. Especially when imma grind a Handrail. People usually stop and stare and when i grind the rail, i get a bunch of "woah hey! niiice" or people start clapping sumtimes.

Jun 1, 2007SapAuthor

careful though, not all wax is created equal. The best grinding wax is Golf wax (yes, golf wax). Softer waxes can build up and slow you down, golf wax is really hard stuff. Takes longer to put on, but a much smoother grind.

Jun 2, 2007OT

I've been soaping for some months now and I haven't used wax yet, so yes it's highly possible to soap good without wax. I've mostly been hittin' round and triangular rails but I've been on some curbs too.

Jun 2, 2007AnthoFlex

Yea, the harder the wax, the better the ride

Jun 2, 2007RamenRadio

MY WAX WON'T HARDEN!!!! XD Actinc camp AJ, Acting camp. It's gonna be mad funny this year, especially when I bring a rail inside

Jun 2, 2007SonicSoaper

Oh yes, the wax doesn't harden indeed. We should all do our own set for that talent day at the acting dealie.

Jun 2, 2007AnthoFlex

No offense to u guys, but that's the reason I never wanna use your wax.

I think your wax would be much better for ledges, not rails.

If you guys come out with sun hard wax,
Ill test it out

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

sorry i was on a sidekick, i meant to say at the end:

If you guys come out with some hard wax, I'll test it out

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

That's not what we were talking about Renny. And I'm a waiting for a new formula sometime soon. yes, it's true that one of the waxs we have (mainly the one meant for rails and curbs) is not as hard as the one we have for curbs. However, trust me, it's about to change Antho

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

AJ, I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we bring in a rail there. I bet even heather's jaw will drop

Jun 3, 2007SonicSoaper

Heather would probably attack me.

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

She might slap you afterwards, but I don't think she would attack you while you were grinding a rail XD

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

Haha, the "Buffalo is in Alaska" chick?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

XD yeah, I'll tell her you said that Renny XD

Jun 3, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah the Buffalo chick who I've been dating for eleven months. You guys better watch yourselves, aight?

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

No problem AJ.

Ask her if she wants sum icy buffalo cakes straight from Alaska. I think Sam can get her a few.

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

we are just pulling your leg man, haha

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

woa man, we're all just joking around man. Jesus man, what's the problem?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Gabriel hittin a Frontside
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Long Handrail
Zack Rickey hittin a Hitting the coolest rail in Iowa City
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside outside of the Moline pool
Paul (JMC) hittin a Farfegnugen