Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
What does everyone Think about the New Soaps
Dec 22, 2003 by Tactic

I hear that Soap is bringing back the replaceable grind plates and I was just wondering both, if it's true, and what everyone thought about it(if it is true).
Replies

Dec 22, 2003dunk

Last I heard from Mike at Heelys they were planning on releasing some new styles with replaceable plates next year.
I've worn grind shoes with removable and non-removable plates. From my experience...
- Shoes with removable plates are heavier.
- The screws holding in the plates either rust solid or get so worn down you can't remove them anyway... defeating the point. And the screws they use are torx screws which have to be the worst type of screw to remove if they're stuck in, especially with a soap key that's about as useful as... (apparently Heelys are working on a new way of removing the plates).
- By the time you've gone through a pair of removable plates you're ready for new shoes anyway.

Still... I guess a lot of people will prefer shoes with removable plates 'cos they rekon they'll be better value for money.

Dec 22, 2003Floptastic

i really dont like my removables. the screws scrape the ground if you walk heel to toe, and they are heavy as shit. the heavy part makes them the worst.

Dec 22, 2003Marc

I got T-'s(non-removable) and I hardly even have gashes in them(I soap like everyday for over 3 hours..)So i'll stick to non removable.. a-sides and t-'s all the way..

Dec 22, 2003Mart

I really don't understand why people complain about how Soaps are heavy. You all have weak legs or something

The advantage to removable plates is that, if you want a certain shoe but it doesn't come with the plates you want, you can buy the shoes, swap out the plates and either save the others as spares of flog them on eBay. Also, removable plates tend to be a lot thicker, which is probably why all you pansies find them too heavy

Dec 23, 2003Phantom00991

I don't know what it is, but the removable plates seem to be stronger than the nonremovable ones. Sheffler's had his scabs for like two years and the plates barely have scratches in them. I've went through a pair of scams and about worn out my t-bones since april. I don't know, it just seems like the nr's should be stronger and the removables should be weaker if one kind has to be at fault.

Dec 23, 2003Tactic

Interesting, but I'm with Marc, I'm going T-Bones and A-Sides all the way!

Dec 23, 2003Smokey

The weight factor is probably a difference of only a few hundred grams.. Only pussies would complain about that.

Dec 23, 2003Marc

I agree.. I was soaping with my friends dannys scabs(he isnt a soaper.. just has a pair..)and i could still get just as high.. no biggy..

Dec 24, 2003Tactic

The first pair of Soaps I ever had was a pair of Scabs. When I got my Scams I didn't even fell a differnce in wieght.

Dec 24, 2003GreenBeret

its pretty funny you ppl bitch about heavy shoes. my favorite shoes are soap cleans. i have grails and scorchers too. the cleans are so much better. who cares about weight? ur a bunch of pussies if ur gonna bitch about shoe weight. becuz it doesnt hinder u at all.

Dec 24, 2003dunk

Wow yeah. I must be a pussy then.

Dec 25, 2003mike

flint ordinance is the only way to go

Dec 25, 2003Mart

Dunk, you didn't complain about the weight, you only pointed it out

Dec 28, 2003Tanner

While the SOAP shoes with removable plates are infact heavier than those with non-removable plates, if you feel it is holding you back, lift some weights. Removable plates are thicker (I've had both), no question about it. Does it mean they are stronger? No. When I actually soaped, my Scorchers took more abuse from curbs and rails than my cleans did, and the plates were fine.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bart Johnson hittin a Frontside outside of the Moline pool
Mart hittin a Royale on one of the huge rails at Beaumont School, St Albans
Jon Thorpe hittin a Frontside
Sonic the Hedgehog sliding a vine with his scorchers
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Acid Soul