Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Ledges
May 29, 2007 by Tasslehoff

Hello, the Newbie SOAPer again, this is for all those in the future who might need help, Can someone give me some tips on grinding ledges please??
Replies

May 30, 2007Surfaced

don't do it unless they are round.

May 30, 2007Megashadow77

Yeah, Sharp ledges mess up the plate. Also, try to dodge really rough ledges unless they're waxed up.

May 30, 2007SonicSoaper

Tackle all sorta of ledges to get a better groove in your plate. Like Dario told me "The closer your shoe is to breaking in half, the better."

May 30, 2007SonicSoaper

*all sorts

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

some of the best are painted ledges or curbs you see in parking lots. Make sure they have a nice coat though, just slide your grind plate across it and see what you think. Wax helps it too

Jun 3, 2007MusicSoaper

Painted Ledges are the only real things that i can practice on. I really don't have any short rails to practice on...which sucks...

Jun 3, 2007Megashadow77

MusicSoaper: Try find some PVC Pipe or something, it works really good for practicing tricks.
Although, it doesn't have that sick feeling that rails do....
But it still works.

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

Although, sometimes I find some bricks or something and try to get a groove into my plate, but that's a different story than finding ledges.

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

I usually try to stay away from ledges, unless they are really sick ledges. I'm not much of a ledge person

Jun 3, 2007RamenRadio

Ledges are okay for making grooves though. The only ledge I ever grind on is the one by the library. That way, more people will see soap shoes in action ;)

Jun 3, 2007MusicSoaper

I soap in my local park and just ledge the benches for practice and they have a created a pretty nice groove into my plates and they are pretty beatup now, but oh well. But i know that i can get PVP from Home Depot, but i haven't had any time to go there.

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

Honestly, i think people would think its more action if you are grinding a handrail

Ledges are ok, but they dont really get the "wow" across. Unless they are like a ledge like this:

http://www.soapshoes.info/videos/relate/dbigldg.mov

Thats just my opinion

Jun 3, 2007MusicSoaper

But Antho, the only reason that i grind ledges is because you advised me to and i shouldnt just try huge handrails (of which i will probably do due to the fact that i'm hardheaded)

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

I said not to try Huge handrails because you just started out then, remember?

Buy a PVC pipe or sumthing

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

My friend Vic bought two Ten foot PVC pipes for $5.00 each at Home Depot. They were 1 1/2 inch diameter ones

Jun 3, 2007Rynasty

Don't rush the hand rail thing, I think I had my soaps for a year before I tried one. Handicap rails on the other hand are pretty safe. Just make sure that as soon as your safety foot locks on the rail that your other one is locked in soon after. A friend of mine tried out soaps for the first time a few years ago and cracked his head open trying a 7-stair.

Jun 3, 2007AnthoFlex

nice, haha

Jun 4, 2007RamenRadio

It's just a place where I know I can get people to look at me Renny. The library would be very pissed if I brought a rail there lol But yeah, handrails are way better

Jun 4, 2007MusicSoaper

Alrighty then, don't want a cracked skull and end up on Scarred one day even though that would be awesome to be on television. I will head over to Home Depot when i get a chance and not try death-producing stunts.

Jun 4, 2007Megashadow77

I wonder if a SOAPer will ever be on Scarred....hm.....

Jun 4, 2007SpiderSoaper

tru megashadow......every time i watch people inlining on scarred, i look to see if theyre wearing soaps and not inlines

Jun 4, 2007MusicSoaper

That would bring a lot of publicity to Soaps, despite the Blood and Bones.

Jun 4, 2007SpiderSoaper

yea many people will ask "wat the f*** was he doing? well no wonder he got scared! because he tried to grind a with shoes! dats some Jackass shit, F***nut!"

Jun 4, 2007MusicSoaper

And despite the stupidity of people, you know that people will try to top it by doing the same thing and try to do something even more stupidier.

Jun 8, 2007Tasslehoff

I was kinda thinking of HOW to grind them, not which ones to grind...
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dario Nieva with a Backside UFO
Zach hittin a makio at the Cedar Rapids demo
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Sliding a wooden rail
David Martin hittin a UFO