Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Solidgrind is falling apart damn it
May 28, 2007 by RamenRadio

Good lord, I think this place could use some help???!?!?!?!?

What's going on? RSS is raping members instead of spammers, spam comments are getting through, the server keeps refusing to connect to solidgrind or whatever, and mods cannot even delete individual comments anymore.

This server is freaking crazy, and things are just not right. SOMEONE, HELP
Replies

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

This is horrible....

May 28, 2007SapAuthor

I haven't noticed a problem recently. But i have seen them in the past. Can't do much about te spam thingy, but for te connection, have you tried another browser? What's ur current one?

May 28, 2007AnthoFlex

Yo Trev, look at a few of the forum threads, the comments get jumbled up

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

I don't just use one browser. Whenever I see a problem, I check it out not just on safari, but on firefox, internet explorer for a mac, and then I use the browsers on my PC (firefox and Internet explorer 7 I think it is? it's the latest one). I know there isn't anything wrong with my computers, I almost never do anything besides some music and little web browsing on the PC, and I've never had a problem with my iBook G4.

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

But this shit has been going on for so damn long. Ever since it has switched servers, it's been a laundry list of problems. It's driving me crazy, and now RSS isn't even work. You'd see some spam threads further down if you look.

May 29, 2007iwantsoapshoes

i know what you mean, just yestarday i posted a comment and it ended up in the middle of the list instead of the bottom.

May 29, 2007RamenRadio

XD Exactly man

May 29, 2007SapAuthor

yeah, now i see waht you mean on the demo forum O.o Alright, who's traveling through time to post in august 17th? Hm? Show yourself! :P

Anyways, has anyone contacted Broox about this?

May 29, 2007Megashadow77

People have tried, but he hasn't responded >>

May 29, 2007Mart

RSS works fine for me, not sure what the problem is there but you could try wiping your cache and see if that helps

As for fixing the problems on the site, Derek may see to it if he has the time to do so

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

XD I do a lot more than clear my cache Mart.

As for Derek fixing things, he hasn't responded to my email damn it.

May 30, 2007broox

ok. ramenradio. i haven't gotten anything from you.

as for the site, all of the problems you are experiencing are the fault of Mosso - my new server company.

these problems are not my fault. they are out of my control. if i could just switch all my sites to a new server in a matter of 1 evening i would. but switching 20-30 php/mysql sites over from 1 server to another is a bitch.

things break, it takes several days, and it is a huge huge commitment.

trust me, i have yelled and yelled and yelled at Mosso. almost daily. i sometimes call them up at 2am and tell them how much they suck. it has pretty much bought me free hosting until july 20 - which is rad... if my shit worked.

they're comping me free months, but it's no excuse for the shit solution they're offering.

your rss is fine. if you saw a spam comment - it's because your rss reader picked it up before an admin marked it as spam. chill out.

the weird comment time thing. mosso runs on a cluster of servers, similar to how google works. so anytime you view this site it could be served up off of any of about 30 different linux boxes. php (the code this site is written in) pulls the time from that server when you post comments. so... a couple of the servers had bunk times on them, which caused some comments to appear to come from the future. if box 25 accidentally had the time set to august 18, 2007 - any of you hitting box 25 would suddenly be posting comments from the future.

i'm doing my best to push this company to get their shit in gear. it's really embarrassing. their broke ass system is causing me to look like a douche and i really really hate it.

the problem is basically that mosso is an infant company. they are having growing pains - the problem is that these growing pains are HUGE and are severely affecting all of my sites.

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

Oh wow man, that really sucks.

Broox, I didn't mean to get on your case about it. I was just trying to make sure you knew about it. I'm sorry for bitching, I'll try to keep my mouth shut more when it comes to stuff like this.

May 30, 2007woodpusher

trav it really sucks

May 30, 2007Page645

hey dylan! good to have you aboard (woodpusher)

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

Do I know you?

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

are u guys in skool now?

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

I don't know about old woodpusher.... but no we're not in school now. Why do you ask?

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

i would be inskool at this time still, but i skipped cause there was mad work i had to hand in that i didnt do, has summer vacation started in NY? i live in NJ

May 30, 2007RamenRadio

Unfortunately, not quite yet. School likes to make it as horrible as possible here....

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

so u guys have the day off(i know it's none of my business? i wouldnt expect people on solidgrind today, but hey mad people are making comments. this is really of topic

May 30, 2007Megashadow77

Summer vacation has started here....

May 30, 2007AnthoFlex

I'm still in school until the 12th.

Then its gonna be NON-STOP demos ALL over NYC

May 30, 2007SonicSoaper

Speaking of which, Renny I need to talk to you later.

May 30, 2007Megashadow77

awww...I wish I lived in NYC....

May 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Send me an IM

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

Antho(Renny, if i may call u that) r u saying that theres gonna be more Demos this summer in plan? i thought u were just doing those yearly, if u do have another one i'm sure i can go

May 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, are you serious? Yearly demos? Haha, yea right. Imma do a demo every chance i get. And you are MORE than welcome to come and attend. Like i said before, Dario and I are working on a new spot to throw another demo

May 30, 2007Megashadow77

Man, I won't be able to make any of em...:(

May 30, 2007AnthoFlex

where do you live Megashadw?

May 30, 2007Megashadow77

Chattanooga, Tennessee.

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

i really wanted to try the sials in soaptopia, there so damn long and awsome(dont think negative) but last saturday my dad really wanted to take me, but he had to work, so i did the next best thing, saw spiderman 3, shrek 3, and pirattes 3..........they all end in 3, wierd

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

*rails

May 30, 2007AnthoFlex

SpiderSoaper, you shoulda just taken a bus to Manhattan, then use the directions on the Demo page

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

i was broke that day, and i dont really know how to take a bus

May 30, 2007SpiderSoaper

cant u post demos on newspapers? dat way many more will know of it

Jun 10, 2007RamenRadio

Anything new about the hosting issues yet Derek? I did read the blog entry on the 5th, just wanted to know if there was anything new

Jun 13, 2007RamenRadio

Bump?

Jun 19, 2007broox

nothing yet. mosso has seemed more stable lately - aside from a recent outage that lasted a few hours.

a friend and i are looking at partnering up on some new servers. we've compared lots and lots. but they're all pretty expensive. it's hard to just decide to throw down $300 a month on a server when you're hardly making any money off your sites. we're still researching.

i could buy a decent car for that.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Quinn Padgett's Detention for Soaping at School
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide
These guys kicked me out of the mall for soaping that day
Bryndon hittin a backslide at the Cedar Rapids Soap Demo
Dude sliding a rail on the Soap Van at the Summer Slam demo