Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Getting to know your fellow SOAPers
May 22, 2007 by xJeremiahx

So what else does everyone do for fun?

Me:
I'm in a Nissan 300ZX car club, I play bass and guitar, skateboarding, I love all kinds of music but I mostly listen to RapCore and RapMetal/NuMetal.
Replies

May 22, 2007SonicSoaper

I'm an aspiring voice actor who will be heard in the BlackDevilX flash series Final Fantasy Sonic X as the evil Professor Kain. I listen mostly to rock and play lots of video games, mostly Sonic, Super Smash Bros., and Tony Hawk.

May 22, 2007Spano565

I play drums,i played every tony hawk game there is. And i dont watch alot of tv I play 4 difrent sports baseball, wrestling,soccer,and track.I was looking for a sport that was unique so i chose soaping.And i live in New Jersey and i'm outside most of the time.

May 22, 2007JeiHeirumaru

I'm a serious VidGamer,I like ta' Rip on my RipStik(waveboard),watch TV,etc,etc....the list goes on and on,and on....so I don't wanna bore you guys

May 22, 2007RamenRadio

Besides soaping, I play video games sometimes. I'm a complete music freak, and I enjoy collecting records. I like chilling with friends most of all. The music I like is mostly rock, rap, or orchestra/piano. I think this is pretty much most of the rock I listen to:
Green Day, The Network, AC/DC, Lynard Skynard, Black Sabbath, Blue Man Group, John Lennon, Pink Floyd, Van Halen (only with the first guy, the second guy is a puss), Kiss, Queen, Akon, Young Jeezy, DMX, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, EOB, Pink Floyd, t.i., L.L. Cool J., Eminem, White Snake, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Koda Kumi, Misono, Utada Hikaru, Do As Infinity, Boa, Ayumi Hamasaki, Flogging Molly, Orchestra stuff, Beethoven, The Beetles, Ozzy (of course), Black Sabbath

May 22, 2007rhinoskater30

Learning guitar. Watch a little TV. Play many different sports, not really dominant in one, but better in golf and basketball. Of course Soaping is good, I also like to skateboard occasionally and inline, but I haven't inlined in a while since I've out grown my skates. Video games are cool, I always enjoy the new Sonic the Hedgehog, and own all of the Tony Hawk games. I also LOVE Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future.
I listen to all kinds of music except for country and that really, really, really hardcore rock stuff.

May 22, 2007SapAuthor

I run the world's largest sonic sprite comic, sell SOAP shoes, sell business websites, have a girlfriend in another country :-P. Like to dabble in various extreme sports. Huge sonic fan, expecially Sonic Adventure 2. My life is pretty busy. I'm heading tommarow to Slovakia for 90 days to spend with my sweet heart.

May 22, 2007xJeremiahx

Oh I forgot something huge! I am a supporter of pit bulls and anti breed specific legislation. I own 2 pit bulls and they are the nicest dogs you will ever meet. IT sadens me when I see states that outlaw pit bulls.

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Wanna know about me?

Here goes:

My name is Renny "AnthoFlex" Castillo. (AnthoFlex is not my real middle name) My life consists of the follwing: Soap, Soaping, Soapshoes, Grinding with Soapshoes. I dunt think i have a life out of that.

I sk8, i photoshop, and I'm one of the coolest dudes you can meet.

I run Myspace.com/Soapshoes, and i'm one of the hosts of this Saturday's Soapshoes Demo. If theres anything anyone would like to know, just reply back.

dunt ask what my middle name is

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

***i dont think i have a life outside of that. (first paragraph correction)

May 23, 2007Spano565

Are you a pro or amatuer soaper.and i don't know why other soapers give you a hard time on the comments you and other soapers make.

May 23, 2007RamenRadio

Me and AJ say that he's pretty much pro

May 23, 2007Spano565

every vid i see him in is sick well that's just my opinion.Oh thanks RamenRadio.

May 24, 2007xJeremiahx

I'm also Straight Edge!! I've been drug/alcohol/substance free my whole life. I've been calling myself straght edge since I was 15 almost 10 years ago.

May 25, 2007Surfaced

For fun, I play the cello, read books, browse the web, and I play some PC games (usually Guild Wars, CS:Source, and BF2). Not much TV-watching goes on in my room.

There are two forums I check daily, and some others that I visit occasionally. one is of course SG, but the other is much like this one. It's an Oakley enthusiast/collector site (o-review.com).

Some advice however, dont get involved with The O-Review unless you want to become obsessed with Oakley. You will become a corporate slave, buying everything that has the brand name. There's something about that community that messes with your ability to make your own decisions about spending money...

Here is one example:
http://o-review.com/collectors.asp?ID=6

May 25, 2007RamenRadio

Holy shit man, I can't even laugh at that. That's just.... disgusting.... I know I pretty much do the same with soap shoes, but crap, at least I can enjoy what I have.... That's just, creepy lol (I was referring to Dave's Link)

May 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Acually I find no interest in sunglasses. I AM IMMUNE!

May 27, 2007iCroch

i skateboard, snow board, and dirt bike. I listen to hard rock. And i like cars and bikes.

May 27, 2007MusicSoaper

I'm a new member of this site since an hour ago. I like Heavy Metal, i'm getting into soaping now, i skateboard a little and there and i like a lot of games.

May 27, 2007Mart

Dude, how is that disgusting? And how can't you enjoy sunglasses? I think, to a lot of people, collecting Soap shoes would be a whole lot less dignified than collecting vast quantities of very expensive and stylish eyewear

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

It's a freaking pair of sunglasses..... I mean, yeah, it can be kinda stylish, but there isn't much you can enjoy with them... I mean with soap shoes, I have different pairs of shoes because I like variety in my grinds. But with sunglasses, it's not really the same. it's just, style really. And it's not always style when it comes to soap shoes. Not sure if you know what I'm saying, but I just think it's a little awkward. Okay okay, maybe disgusting was a little harsh, but he has them in glass cases......

May 28, 2007Mart

So what? Some people put shoes in display cases. Could it be that this guy is perhaps a little different from you and would prefer to collect sunglasses than shoes? Back up a step man, stop ragging on people for having different interests

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

I've NEVER seen anyone put shoes in display cases. I don't even do that, and I wash my soaps. And no, I think you should shut up now. If anyone has gotten bashed for being different, it's me. I got harassed by my entire class in elementary school just because I liked the Beatles. Just because I think someone who puts sunglasses in cases is a little odd, doesn't mean I'm being a nazi and calling him a freak. I already said disgusting was too strong a word, so drop it.

May 28, 2007SonicSoaper

I just don't see the importance in two thousand dollar sunglasses when I have transition lenses.

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

exactly ¬_¬

May 28, 2007Page645

im with you trav

May 28, 2007AnthoFlex

woah wtf, Travis, calm the fuck down. He wasnt bashing you. And i know PLENTY of people who put shoes in display cases

May 28, 2007AnthoFlex

and so what if you got bashed in elementary school. That was what? like 10 years ago? YOu gotta stop living in the past dude.

May 28, 2007RamenRadio

Nah man, I'm not living in the past. I was just trying to say that I don't bash people for being different.

Jul 24, 2007xJeremiahx

Bump up for the newer people. Please tell us about yourself.

Jul 24, 2007Megashadow77

Whooo! I wish I'd found this topic sooner.

My name's Michael Dempsey, for those who don't know. I'm 13, but I can get along with anybody whose any age. I found out about SOAPs on Trevor's (SapAuthor) site.
I like rock, and classic rock. I used to sk8, but it hurt my ankles, so i quit. I still like to watch it, though.
I love football, but I just started playing this year. I'm hoping it doesn't kill me.
I also collect sword. Any kind. I don't have a lot right now, but I'm starting.
Oh yeah, and I have a turtle named Alf. He's badass.

Jul 24, 2007RamenRadio

sword collecting huh? sick man. I wish I could do that, but I'm only collecting vinyl at the moment XD

Jul 24, 2007LVsoaper12

My name is dalton taylor i am 13,i started soaping because of my friend michael dempsey got me hook on it,i own a pair of white expresses and just bought a pair of Squeaky Cleans of ebay,well i live in chattanooga,Tn,thats about all

Jul 25, 2007matrix8967

this is a neat thread...

I do a lot of modding to video games (GTA games, any game running on an Unreal/Quake engine, battlefront...so much more...) if you don't really know what i'm talking about it's kinda like this

I play the game, and I see something I don't like...I'm picky so I hack into the game and change what I don't like to what I do like and then *bam* I'm satisfied.

Also I do a lot with console emulation. so my pc can play the following systems: NES, SNES, Gameboy/color/advance, N64, Playstation 1, (soon ps2), sega geneses...and...i think there's more but i probably don't use them...

I do a lot with computers basically. PC repair, diagnostics, small time networking etc. I don't do programming but I'm learning more and more html so I can make a website. (which will of course link to here, the soap myspace, etc.)

I am about to go into college for a degree in CIS (computer information systems)

My music taste varies...anything really besides country or religious music. not because I hate them, but i have yet to hear any that I like...

been soapin for a looong time but took a few year hiatus and when i came back soap was kinda "under" @_@

i can't really think of anything else interesting...

Jul 25, 2007xJeremiahx

matrix8967

Whatever you do don't go to ITT tech. It was the bigest waste my time and money.

It's nice to have a degree but in real life what employers are looking for is experience and certifications. My advice to you would be to go take some certification tests and start working in the field. Worry about getting a degree later.

Jul 25, 2007RamenRadio

Wow, Alex it sounds like you might have been the person that made the soap shoes game lol

Jul 25, 2007Megashadow77

yeah!
DO IT, DO IT!

Jul 25, 2007matrix8967

thanks for the advice jeremiah. I have lots of experience and i'm going to get A+ certified, Linux certified, and cisco networking certified all this year. that's a lot of money for tests, but i get discounts for going to college (not ITT tech)

as for a soap shoes game...i dunno...i'm not so good at developing games, just modding and scripting...here's an example THAT I DID NOT CREATE!!!! my mods are NOT this good. (which is why i don't release a lot of them, because by the time i do, someone's already made a better one.)

again, this was done by a modder named creative madman.

not the coolest GTA character (not what i want):
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/regular.jpg

The coolest GTA Character (what i want):
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/GTAIII_player_character_28aka_Claud.jpg

The end result (satisfaction thanks to creative madman for making this.):
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/claudeSA.jpg

awesome huh? i also put in a camaro like the one in transformers the other day...but again, i didn't make that. not to say i don't know how to make PARTS of that. all creative madman did was take the original GTAIII claude speed head and put it on cj's body. the part i don't know how to do is color him to have the skin tones match, i'm no artist. creative madman is currently working on making this better and giving claude (gtaIII guy) all the haircut styles and stuff. kudos to him.

anyway, that's a more specific run down...here's the forum post from where that model (shown above) came from...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s=fd22be247c471c4bdeae215c1b4f2d53&showtopic=243092&st=0

it's kinda boring unless you know what they're talking about though...

Jul 25, 2007Megashadow77

.....if anyone knew how to use flash, THEY could make a soap game....

Jul 25, 2007AnthoFlex

hehehehehehehehehehehe

funny you should say that

Jul 25, 2007Megashadow77

Ah, yes, Renny once again leaves us a mysterious comment.

Jul 26, 2007SpiderSoaper

shall we bump the soap videogame thread?

Jul 26, 2007Megashadow77

Yes, we shall. LET IT BE DONE!

Jul 26, 2007sam

I made a soap flash game a while back, it sucked but i had nothing better to do. Ill check to see if i even still have the files.

Jul 26, 2007Megashadow77

YAY! GO SAM!

Jul 26, 2007AnthoFlex

Really? I'd like to see it

Jul 26, 2007ZOMGSCORCHERS

My Name is
Andy 'ZOMGSCORCHERS' Tyrrell
I play drums.
I draw...alot.
I am a Graffiti Writer (I write Tron)
I (of course) soap
I Play on my Wii a good percentage of the time ^_^
and im going 2 build a mini ramp soon!!!

Jul 26, 2007Altman

You tag? Sick. Do you like Haze's work, he's my favorite tagger.

Aug 26, 2007xJeremiahx

Bump up for the new guyz

Aug 26, 2007Hattmac02

my name is jesse
i play guitar/bass/synth
i play way too much video games(currently zelda for wii)

Aug 26, 2007greenfire8484

Quinten
i play drums and the trumpet (yea full set drums)
i draw... but only anthropomorphic (Sonic style) animals and i love designing shoes for them...
live in NJ
a couple friends call me Element cuz i hav a lot of Element stuff
my sucky computer monitor sometimes turns all greenish lol its doing it now
i skate. Not blades, i only use blades at a rink... but rinks are for ppl from the 70s and 9 year olds
Wii... i have one. But i hav no cash so i only hav zelda monkey ball and super mario sunshine
i sing... a LOT everyone says im good.... cuz i am.=P
i... uhh.... have a myspace? i dont know wat else lol

Aug 27, 2007lvmaniac44

My name is Clayton Fuller.I play the trumpet.I live in Chattanooga,Tennessee.I like Country and Rock music.My friends Michael and Dalton got me into soaping.I recently just got some grey expresses.I might be getting some squeaky cleans soon.My myspace is www.myspace.com/csfauburn44.Oh and I am freakin awesome!

Aug 27, 2007Page645

holy shit how the hell did i miss this thread???
well any way the name keith miller.i soap mostly and do it everyday possible i have navy scabs and ordanance flints.i make wax with KG and Sylonsoaper.my choice of video games is guitar hero 2(i'll woop all ur asses in that game:P).right now im in a military organization called Civil Air Patrol,we are an United States Air Force Auxilary we fly in homeland security,disaster relief,and rescue missions.you also learn alot about discipline and leadership and if u are thinking about recruiting into a military branch ur better off starting with us if you join u have a better chance of getting into one of the branches of the military(but if ur older than 21 u must join as a senior member).and thats all that i can think of at the moment

Aug 27, 2007greenfire8484

lvmainiac! Hurrah for trumpeters!!!

Aug 27, 2007lvmaniac44

Yay!!!

Aug 27, 2007greenfire8484

lol... i spelt maniac 'mainiac' thats kinda sad for me....

Aug 27, 2007JonnyRoger

Woo this looks fun :D
Names Jon, but due to the pirate in me the nickname Jonny Roger works just fine. Im 21 and live in a lil town on the South coast of England, nice and quiet O.o Have three pairs of Soaps and currenty building a 7ft long box in my back garden (May post links to the ongoing project to show how badly I tit it up.) Im a Rock and Metal fan (Hence the long hair.) but have a wide perspective, even like some J-pop! I play guitar and am also an avid Arsenal FC fan!
Take it easy
*J*

Sep 2, 2007juno

Well, I was a bounty hunter way back in Nashville. I SOAP. Im a one man band just finishing my 4th album. I play video games alot, and Im currently in the works of bringing SOAP back.

Dec 16, 2007xJeremiahx

Bump up. Plus does anyone here live in Idaho? I may be moving there in a few months.

Dec 16, 2007RamenRadio

o rly?

hmmm, I wouldn't know anything about it. Sorry man. Wish you were coming to NY!

Dec 16, 2007xJeremiahx

That would be nice. I want to visit NY eventualy. I will hit you gus up if I ever go out there.

Dec 19, 2007Nathanael

Hi! This is Pedro (Spanish for Peter, but everybody calls me Peter or Pete here!) I'm now 24 and working as a Graphic Designer, I knew firs time about SOAP like hundreds of years ago (Like 8 or 9) but back when I was a crazy kid on rollerblades I could not afford them.

Now that I can, and that's been long since last time I rolled I decided to get a pair of SOAPS. They came algong like 5 days ago and I'm still trying to reach inside my mind (and limbs1) the correct way to grind.

I'm a huge Blizzard games player (StarCraft, Warcraft, WoW, Diablo II, just lov'em!) quite a movie maniac and a Heavy Metal and Rock listener (I still listen a lot of HipHop from my early rollerblading age.)

So! Nice to meet ya all, and if you're planin' on a trip to Spain, be sure to visit Madrid and do some soapin' out there!

Dec 19, 2007Nathanael

Btw, the Shoes I have are a pair of Black Express, I lov'em!

Dec 19, 2007xJeremiahx

It's good to know I am not the only one here in their 20s.

Dec 19, 2007Nathanael

It alwais is!

Dec 19, 2007dunk

it's not often I post on here these days but you'll find me working behind the scenes to keep SolidGrind spam free.

Age 22.
Job... graphic designer and film maker, keeping me crazily busy
Car: Jeep Wrangler
Pairs of soaps... too many to count... none of that HSL crap though plus Bizos and Salomon grind shoes.
Involvement in Soap Shoes...
Founder of UKFSW and ukfsw.com, sponsored back in the day by Soap Shoes UK, owner of soapshoes.info.. which, incidentally, absolutely does not represent my graphic design skills ;)

Who're UKFSW? look here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNM2WxhTNFQ#GU5U2spHI_4

I rarely soap these days but hats off to everyone keeping it alive... sssoapshop, steve/Go2Crew and everyone buying the shoes.

We have literally hours and hours of UKFSW footage that has never seen the light of day. Getting the time to go through it all and edit it is impossible right now and will be a long long job!

Dec 22, 2007vault

woww i would kill to see sum of that

Jan 7, 2008Delirium

Currently unemployed. Me and BLUSH spend most of our time soaping, lurking online, and playing video games. I use to play WoW, but after lvl 70 I got tired of it. I was spending a lot of time raiding.
I draw, photograph, and make art for the band Button*Masher.
Umm... I drive a Honda Accord.
I was going to college for multimedia and programming but I had to drop out because I was having trouble maintaining my job [kept falling alseep at work]. I plan on going back.

We travel a lot and go to anime conventions. So maybe sometime we can meet some other soapers while we are in town and you guys can show us some good rails, eh?

Jan 9, 2008Nathanael

hey! you & Blush should come to the "ExpoManga" in Barcelona (Spain), i know it's kinda far away but i'ts one of the best anime & manga conventions in Europe.

P.S. I hope i had more time to play my WoW...

Jan 9, 2008xJeremiahx

Great to see a female soaper on here! We need more diversety around here.

Jan 9, 2008RamenRadio

True man.

Jan 9, 2008soapitup

Your just used to the sausage fest and want to get up on the chicky. Quit kissing ass. Go out and do something and actually look for a girl.

Jan 9, 2008RamenRadio

I'm taking that as you admiting you two are the same people.

That's it, Renny and I are emailing derek about you. We're sick of you hacking everyone's accounts, and hating.

Jan 9, 2008soapitup

How does that mean I admit I am the same people dude? What the hell man. And how am I hacking into everyones account?

Jan 9, 2008RamenRadio

ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH SOAPITUP, EMAIL DEREK BROOKS TO BAN HIM.

Jan 9, 2008soapitup

Youre the only one with a problem RamenRadio.

Jan 9, 2008Nathanael

Soapitup, you might think whatever u want, but i DO have a girl of my own and we're about to get married in a year, so just shut the fuck up, why the heck a guy can't be nice with a girl? does he have to be trying to fuck her or something? I saw we share intrests so I invited her to come (actually go, i'm not from Barcelona anywais) to a nice convention she (and her friend, by the way) might like.

so, please, get a life.

Jan 9, 2008soapitup

I didn't even say anything towards you so why are you freaking out. I didn't even say anything bad towards her. I told him to quit looking for chicks online and go out and get one ass hole.

Jan 9, 2008xJeremiahx

Na, my girlfriend and I have been together for just over 6 years now. I don't think I need another one.

Jan 10, 2008Delirium

Nathanael we would love to travel out of the country to that convention and soap with you!

Maybe in 09' tho. We already are booked for the year. We have to plan ahead for some of the conventions out here [like Otakon] because the hotels fill up fast.

Its good to be a part of SolidGrind too. I hope to learn more here. BLUSH was into SOAP's way before me.
Can't wait to find more stuff to grind as well. Not a whole lot of good rails here in Louisville.

Jan 10, 2008Wesker

I think I forgot to post in here.

Job: I set up computers and wireless networks for tradeshows in the US.
Pairs of soaps: Got a ton, but my favs are my scortchers/broadsides/sylons :X
Involvement in Soap Shoes: I started the New York City Soapers, as well as being a part of the Soap team.

That's just some of the basic info. I normally keep myself busy with a wide array of hobbies and jobs From making films (www.holocaustholocaust.com- this is a film that's been picking up a lot of steam that I've helped some of my good friends do recently), to making computer games (I've actually coded up a Soap computer game lol) to even performing card magic :P

You can friend me on myspace, cause I like myspace :0

myspace.com/wesker2236

Jan 10, 2008RamenRadio

I forgot about this thread, I remember when I used to listen to rap when I posted lol

Jan 10, 2008Nathanael

yay! Luv' to have you arround and soap arround! (I don't really know anywhere to soap in Barcelona tho...).

soapitup it doesn't matter if you wrote those words to me or to anyone else, you don't even know any of us and you're just the "truth-knower" who judges if someone is trying to pick a girl or not just by reading his/her words. Ain't that kinda... prepotent? see? Jeremiah is kinda like me, with his own girl and all, 6 years. and RamenRadio could be just like us... so don't pre-judge anyone cos' u wouldn't like us to do the same on you, would you?

(excuse the bad English, it's been long since I was in the US and I don't get the chance to practice it very often...)

Jan 11, 2008Delirium

lol, yeah I saw your post after saying you didn't live there. Oops.

So you go to any other conventions??

Jan 11, 2008Nathanael

Nope! just another one here in Madrid, but it's a lot worse than the other (it's been only running for a cuple of years, they have a lot to learn from Barcelona's one yet...)

Jan 18, 2008Revengasaur

Hello fellow Scoot-boot enthusiasts.
I'm Frankie the 20 year old male humanoid!
I thought soaps were cool about 8 years ago but was too busy skateboarding to be interested. I just recently saw "Holiday" for the first time and got a sort of nostalgia for back when it was cool to have a spiked/frosted fade, cargo shorts, wallet chain a Volcom shirt. (None of witch I ever had. I was not cool.) Long story short I got a pair of expresses about a month ago and have been having a blast grinding all the rails I never could on my skateboard. (and hurting myself in the process.)

Who Am I?:
I like music and vinyl records and play guitar in an oldschool hardcore band. I run a teeny tiny skateboard business out of my basement. I idly collect old video games and actively collect/play magic the gathering. (I used to compete at tournament level :P) I've always been a fan of "Marginal extreme Disciplines" so quickly becoming obsessed with SOAPS comes as no surprise to me.

Jan 21, 2008Nathanael

wow! a MTG player! it's nice seen how people share interest in other things than SOAPS (I also collect and play Magic)

Jan 22, 2008Revengasaur

It's a lot of fun, but it's getting expensive, so I'm kinda out of the loop on the last couple of blocks. After Ravnica I started getting a little discouraged on getting new stuff too. I'm mostly just trying to slowly get my collection into playsets (4 of each) and sell the rest off. Seven+ shoeboxes is getting to be a pain to carry around.

Jan 27, 2008Hattmac02

I have recently put some of my synth works online under the psuedonym no defeasance so thats what i do now-a-days

http://www.myspace.com/nodefeasance

Feb 10, 2008SilverSpurs

I'm a 17 year-old who wants to try out SOAPs in a failing attempt to save his childhood

Feb 11, 2008Revengasaur

Don't worry, I'm 20 and it's working great...

Feb 11, 2008Kain

I'm Kain, a misunderstood emo kid. I play some video games, watch some TV, play the guitar and skate. That's basically it. I spend a lot of my time on heelychat and solidgrind when the weather's not right for either. I listen to Nightwish, Evanescence, and Linkin Park most of the time. I also like discussing philosophy and science, or helping ppl with their problems. That, or, I find something violent to do to clear my mind like slashing the hell out of a tree with my combat knife. When I have absolutely nothing else to do, I like to be extremely emotional/dramatic about things and find ways to blame the world for my problems.....(but no, I don't cut myself :P)

Feb 11, 2008Soapdreamer

spamcan: good 4 u

dont make me make a post here

Feb 14, 2008SilverSpurs

I now have my first pair of SOAPs. I can't get the hang of it yet, and I landed on my ass. Good start, huh?

Feb 14, 2008Altman

When CHris Morris first invented Soaps, he busted his ass too so I'd have to say yes, it is a good start. Welcome to the club.

Feb 14, 2008RamenRadio

Yeah, he busted his ass, got up and happily put a patent on it.

Feb 14, 2008Revengasaur

I've slammed face down and looped out a couple times, but I've mostly taken knee damage like skateboarding. I tired to frontside a rail that in hindsight was much much too tall for me last night. I kneed it so hard I thought I chipped the bone. It's swollen like a bastard.

Feb 14, 2008Kain

lol. I've almost busted my balls on a handrail, and I broke my ribs a few days later on the same one. Nothing more than that though, except some skinned knees.

Feb 14, 2008SilverSpurs

Ouch...you guys tryna' discourage me? Haha!

Busted ass or not, I just can't wait to get back out tomorrow!

Feb 14, 2008Kain

Silver,
if you've ever bladed, you've probably taken worse falls than that lol.

Feb 14, 2008Revengasaur

Dude, one time when I was skating this crazy ass 40 foot deep reservoir thing I ripped off all the skin on my knees down to the cottage cheese. I couldn't walk for about three days. Soaping is awesomely safe compared to most other sports. (In my experience)

Feb 14, 2008Kain

lol yeah, b/c you can bail out of the grind and land on your feet easier than anything else. That's why soaping rules =D

Feb 14, 2008SilverSpurs

I've never been able to blade. That's why I went for SOAPs instead, that and as Kain said, you can bail and land on your feet anytime :L

Feb 14, 2008Revengasaur

I always fell and died and sucked at blading. I think one day I put some guys blades on when we were skating and learned to go, and jump and shit. I then tried to grind on a curb.
Epic fail.

Feb 14, 2008Kain

lol, that's what happened to me when I tried my first frontside on a square rail at my local skatepark

Feb 15, 2008xJeremiahx

I think that is why I prefer skateboarding and soaping over blades or snowboarding. I like the idea or being able to bail and land on my feet.

If I could afford to buy a pair of blades I would love to at least try them. But unfortunately I go through so many decks and shoes with just skateboarding that I can't afford much else.

Feb 15, 2008Kain

Yeah....I keep having to buy new shoes to get better brakes/grindplates or get new wheels. I want to try blading, but every pair I find are over $100 X_X

Pretty soon I'm gonna get this thing called the Port-A-Board....it's a skateboard, but you can take the trucks off and the deck splits apart so you fit it in a backpack or something lol

Feb 15, 2008xJeremiahx

Hmmm, I suppose that would be good if you just rode around. I don't know how well that would work out if where to do tricks.

Feb 15, 2008AnthoFlex

I just carry my board around, haha

Unless i really need my hands free at times, theres this strap i made so i can hold my board similar to someone who holds a sword sheathed on their back

Feb 15, 2008Revengasaur

I wish it would stop raining so I could go skate.

Feb 15, 2008xJeremiahx

I used to just but my board between my back and my backpack. I couldn't afford those backpacks with the board holders.

Now I just have my board in my trunk of my car.

Feb 15, 2008Revengasaur

I've allways just carried my board everywhere. All my shirts are full of holes on the bottom right side from griptape.

Feb 15, 2008Kain

Antho,
you're an inventor, aren't you? lol
The point of the port-a-board is so you can take it inside places, like to school.

Revengasaur,
Lucky....you only have rain. I have snow =(

Feb 15, 2008Revengasaur

I have a garage with a grind rail too, so I guess I have no right to complain.

Feb 16, 2008xJeremiahx

I hate snow man......I got nothing to grind and no way to skate. I'm just stuck here inside making beats in Reason and playing guitar.

Feb 16, 2008Kain

Revengasaur,
Well......I have a rail, but it's a tiny practice rail =(

Jerimiah,
so get a rail from the internet lol. Or go downtown somewhere and look for rails.

Feb 18, 2008teamheelz

My real name is Laina. Im 15 and birthday is September 9th. Im from PA. I enjoy heeling, grinding, fingerboarding(yea...say it im a nerd :D) internet, TV videogames,guitar hero, and reading. Ive tried to skateboard but i suck but i enojoy attemping to ride it sometimes. I also ride a waveboard. I dislike school and I hate the mornings. I also like making videos for Youtube, especially Vlogs, though many people aint interested in mine. I like drawing,Im ok at it but could probly be better...umm i think thats it lol

Apr 10, 2008xJeremiahx

Bump up for all the new people.

Apr 10, 2008wyattpeterson

i like to film make edits, soap , rollerblade, skateboard, play COD2 for comp, COD4 for PS3 ...and i cant wait to get GTA4 :p

Apr 18, 2008Kingyo

Hobbies: Goldfish Keeping, Drawing, Drumming, Jewelry Design, Gaming, Internet Surfing, Reading, Music.

What else to say... I'm a weirdo but I know I ain't the only one that is. My main language is French. I have learned to speak fluent english throughout my years of schooling. I plan on going on a learning/humanity trip to Africa for a month in 2009 and learn their ways of jewelry handcraft.

Apr 18, 2008Franticfred

ya i'm 17.. i'm a hockey player.... currently unemployed and just going to school so i got loads a free time to fill up with soaping... if your ever gonna be in minnesota around minneapolis lemme know

May 7, 2008xJeremiahx

bump up.

May 7, 2008Sakkage

Hey guys, my name is Jessie. I recently decided to give soaping a try. I remember back around 2000, my brother had some soaps and I always wanted my own pair. It's been years since I thought about it, but got mine this month and I'm ready to start!
I work full time and take a few classes here & there. In my free time, I enjoy hanging out with friends & family. Anything outdoors! Herping. Photography. Being all-around awesome.
I'm a big fan of music- I play guitar & I'm always looking to expand my record collection... I listen mostly to rock, indie/folk, and blues...but I'll give most anything a try as long as it has a good sound! I strongly support the local bands and local merchants in town & will never pass up a road trip with friends.

May 7, 2008Kain

why is every girl on here in her 20s? :(

May 7, 2008Spano565

Who cares, she's a new member that's all.

May 7, 2008Kain

well I'm a minor......so I care :)

jk XD

May 7, 2008Altman

Because Soap shoes attract and much older crowd than Heelys. Welcome to the community, Sakkage, and good luck.

May 8, 2008Kingyo

Kain: My 20`s are half done, heading to 30's!

May 8, 2008Franticfred

hahahaha

May 8, 2008liljiggy

Im' a French Rap artist launching my album and mixtape soon in the automn or winter...

I play hockey a lot, Bladin' a lot too...

I listen to any music that is listenable hehe!! And hem, im a pot addict :D pass da blunt my friendz :D

May 8, 2008AuraGrind

Hey, folks! My name is Darius. My folks call me DJ. I'm that kid who never went outside and played nintendo all his life. I don't really have any talents (unless art and DDR count) and have a deep fascination with Pokemon (yes all 450+ of them). I am looking at career in psychology, because I like to think about what other people think.

I almost killed myself on skateboards, and can't do much in blades. So maybe these soaps are what i'm looking for, I hope. 3rd tries a charm.

May 8, 2008Sakkage

Age is just a number :) We've all got a common interest- that's what matters, right? You guys are going to be what gets me back up and soaping after I take my first bad fall!
And thanks for the warm welcome, Altman!

May 8, 2008xJeremiahx

Welcome new people. I agree with you Sakkage. I'm 25 and I don't see myself stopping skateboarding or soaping any time soon. I will more than likely continue until I physically can not anymore.

May 9, 2008liljiggy

Im' Jonathan, 22 years old dude from Joliette, Quebec in Canada (45 Minutes from Montreal)

Some call me Doc, others call me Jiggy... I used to be an aggressive blader but didn't had much success... Same on skateboarding lmao!!!

But i found heely's... To make me start in the world of shoe grinding... But looking forward to buy a pair of soaps to keep the heely's for the winter (Not using the wheel very much)

I'm a French Rap Artist launching Demo + Mixtape + Album at the end of summer or beginning of winter, depends on the financial side...

I enjoy all sports but im' a big hockey fan! SHAME ON PHILADELPHIA FLYERS!!! YOU LUCKY BTARDS!! :P.

For work, im' my own boss, i fix computers for cheap prices, build em, buy em, sell em...
Even if i didn't studied a lot to do that (Secondary.3 but for Americans it would be like 9th grade i think)

Still looking forward to go back to study to get my diploma to be an informatician... Ima also do everything to build my own studio next year!

May 9, 2008Sakkage

Jiggy, I guess you're referring to Philly beating Montreal... Don't worry, man- My PENGUINS are going to put the Flyers back in their place!!! haha!

May 9, 2008Kain

eh......I'm not into hockey

May 9, 2008blakeashake

go new jersey devils=D
haha actually im not much of a hockey fan

May 10, 2008Wesker

QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!

May 10, 2008liljiggy

blake, devils have been beaten by New-York in 5 if i remember right :P

And yeah Sakkage im' cheering for your Pens right now!! :P At least, i could see a guy from Quebec area *Marc-André Fleury the goaltender* touching the stanley cup! :P

I prefer em than the stupid ass philly lucky btards lawl!

May 10, 2008Altman

I guess Dario likes the Ducks, or he's going for a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! As much as they suck, I'm always rooting for my New York Islanders. As far as NCAA Hockey goes, the Boston Eagles are my pick. Wait two years and you'll see my cousin as a part of their star line-up. Kid's name is K.J. Tiefenwerth, keep an eye out for him.

May 10, 2008blakeashake

haha I dont even watch hockey.
I just like the devils regardless whether they suck or not.

May 10, 2008Wesker

Actually I was making a joking reference to "The Mighty Ducks" movies.

As for real Hockey, I used to play it as a kid but I don't really like watching any sports and don't really have a favorite team. Although when I was younger (again) my dentist asked me who my favorite team was and I told him it was the Devils (Probably because I thought the team name was cool and it'd probably rile him up that I liked a NJ team over a NY team especially how well the Rangers were doing around the time '93 '94 I think?)

While I don't like watching sports (On TV), I like going to sporting events/games and the only time I've seen a professional Hockey team play was at a Rangers game.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Long Handrail
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Aaron MacDonald hittin a (freestyle) backslide torque slide on a ledge
Trevor G hittin a Front Side
Paul (JMC) hittin a Farfegnugen